Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

I'd rather have a case of vodka than a case of toilet paper if it comes down to it tbh

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

beer is enough for me. i’ll pass on vodka

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    I'd rather have a case of vodka than a case of toilet paper if it comes down to it tbh
    Support
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

When you're pissed and you your pants it doesn't matter that much. Nastrovje comrades!

beer ang bbq 😜

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I just realised that when I thought I was being gangsta, breaking the law, I was in fact following it.

You have to get tested before entering a country from a risk country, and do quarantine. I just assumed that the Swiss would do the Danish thing and declared the entire world the danger zone since both countries have that same mindset.

I refuse to get tested every day before driving through/into Switzerland. Trains in my town are Swiss. Half the city works there and commutes. I'm surrounded by borders on three sides. Even police cars, ambulances and border police helicopters don't give a damn about the border and take the shortest routes. And also on the principle that they should all be tested to receive me. But anyway, I just looked it up, and currently it's just the Swiss that aren't allowed into Germany, and not the other way around. I did not think that such a perfect world was possible. I have all the positives and none of the drawbacks. No Swiss cars clogging our streets, forcing us to drive 80km/h on our perfect German country roads with perfect German law allowing us to do 100. No Swiss cars parking badly on the opposite side of the road.

Keep the mutations coming, I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    The congregation of Danish Minks has decided, with heavy hearts, that the human population of Denmark has to be put out of their misery. "Humans have been shown to transfer COVID-19 onto minks and the human population serves as a huge reservoir for mutations", a spokesmink told the newspaper Minkens Nyheter. "We know this sounds harsh, but it is necessary to save minkind."

The association of Chinese Bats has already commended this difficult but brave step.
    Shush, Swede, you can't fool us Danes! The "Nyheter" clearly proves that the congregation of Danish minks is in fact a Swedish conspiracy trying to do away with their archenemy and rightful overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Dagens Nyheter was just the first scandinavian newspaper that came to my mind. I cannot really tell Danish, Swedish or Norwegian (Nynorsk) apart due to not knowing them enough. Might be able to recognise Bokmal, as it looks "older" and more like Icelandic.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

If you can understand Bokmål, you can understand Danish.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

so many lockdowns happening again ughh

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Haven't the dead minks dig up themself to the surface? Haven't we to fear now hordes of walking dead minks?

A Swiss behind barbwire? Oh happy day...
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AoRun View Post
    so many lockdowns happening again ughh
    I've got the answer against anxiety...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Fight evil with evil
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I've gained so much weight since corona started. My alcohol consumption has also increased by a lot. I hope corona never goes away.

Blog Entries

I've lost 3 kilos actually. But don't ask me how 'cause I've no idea
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I'm pretty sure your questionable twitch subscriptions might shed some light on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I've got the answer against anxiety...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Fight evil with evil
    give me that corona virus hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Might be able to recognise Bokmal, as it looks "older" and more like Icelandic.
    If you can understand Bokmål, you can understand Danish.
    Is there a chance, Iskar, that you are confusing Bokmål ("book language") with Nynorsk ("new Norwegian")? Bokmål is essentially a Norwegian adaptation of the Danish literary language, whereas Nynorsk is a modern adaptation of original Norwegian dialects with less Danish influence.

I do not come across Nynorsk very often, but when I do, my first impression is that what is this? Someone typing while drunk and wearing baseball mitts? Then after a while I realize it is Nynorsk.

Quote Originally Posted by AoRun View Post
    beer is enough for me. i’ll pass on vodka
    I wonder what kinds of beers you have in the Philippines. I would sure like to try. If I ever come across any, I'll be sure to buy some no matter what it costs. Asian beers have become increasingly available here, especially in restaurants, but so far I have only seen Chinese, Thai, and Japanese beers.

Edit: Well we have San Miguel actually in many stores and I like that. A lot of folks assume that it is Spanish, though.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; March 18, 2021 at 02:12 PM.

Blog Entries

My advice: avoid the Tiger beer: Headache graranteed even in low quantity
    Tsin Tao is ok but that's a chinese one. Asahi and Sapporo are ok as well but they're japanese. They are many other, probably less known in Europe but can't remember which one I've tried tbh.
    If I remember well, the San Miguel is probably the most comon one in Philipines.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there's also a San Miguel beer made in Spain. So don't be mistaken
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 18, 2021 at 02:31 PM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    Edit: Well we have San Miguel actually in many stores and I like that. A lot of folks assume that it is Spanish, though.
    Wait it is not spanish?? I think here in spain they say they are spanish!! I have to find the truth. I will be back with answers.

Edit: Yes sir, it is a Philippine brand. 9 out of ten Spaniards will tell you that it is a Spanish brand. what a moment to discover this. how many more things we ignore, I am terrified. This country is a lie???
    Last edited by mishkin; March 18, 2021 at 02:37 PM.

Blog Entries

No, just a "detail" of the spanish history somehow

See here.