Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Why are you complaining?? It's modders' job to make real contents. The engines just need to be flexible.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

A difficult engine hardens the resolve of the Modder, making him a stronger Modder and a stronger Man

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Is there no female modder or other gender?? That's sad.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

No.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

There are no females on the internet, only men and creepy men. The prophecies say that if a female ever lost her way and found herself on the internet, the entire world would explode.
    Its bad enough that the female race doomed us all to eternal damnation cos they got the munchies for an apple, but if they destroyed us all through their feather-headed ways that would really be pretty annoying. So if you are unfortunate enough to own a female, make sure you keep her chained up and away from the internet.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Human females are foul creatures indeed. As an Avian, their existence baffles me. Their sole purpose in life, it seems, is to slowly but surely remove all joy from a man's life. It reminds me of the black widow spider. But instead of killing you immediately, human females kill you slowly.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I think human sexuality would make a lot more sense if both genders had cloaca and were asexual.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Diplomacy has been greatly improved, but otherwise Three Kingdoms suffers from the same issues plaguing recent Total War games, like simplified campaign, limited army and building slots, RPG trait system, removal of naval warfare, clunky battles and etc. Romance is ridiculous, but at least there's the option of Records mode. In my case, I'm so completely clueless about the period, that it's really hard to really care about any faction or warlord, with the exception of the exceptionally charismatic Dong Zhuo.
    Well basically you can play as the "Three Kings" which defeated the warlords and established themselves, those being Cao Cao, Liu Bei and, at the start, Sun Jian (though Sun Jian died early on in 191, his son Sun Ce began his career by conquering the Jiangdong region but died in 200, his younger brother Sun Quan took over as marquis and eventually declared himself Emperor of Wu decades later). The other major character was Yuan Shao who was the leading warlord in the north of the Yellow River, until Cao Cao defeated him in 200, and then he died in 202. Yuan Shao had actually started the coalition against Dong Zhuo, which fell apart because the warlords didn't get along. Dong Zhuo was important when he seized power in 189 after the death of Emperor Ling, he controlled the child Emperor Xian. He burned down the capital Luoyang and retreated west to Chang'an. He was eventually killed when Imperial courtiers turned his underling Lu Bu against him. Dong Zhuo died in 192 so he didn't get to do much of anything. Earlier he was an officer who fought against the Yellow Turbans and then the rebels in Xiliang. Technically I guess he didn't lose against the Coalition, it was mostly a stalemate and he opted to withdraw into the mountain passes to the West. The other thing he was known for was purging all sorts of officials, honestly it was justified in my opinion. He didn't go out of his way to purge anyone who didn't deserve it, he actually promoted them.

Anyway the short of it is, Cao Cao is the best character and all the early scholars spoke positively of him. Liu Bei was treated as a heroic protagonist in later works, despite this his whole life was running around, joining a warlord or other and being defeated. I guess he took power because of his personality and ability to gather talented officials (but honestly Cao Cao did as well, and his officials were more capable, as often as they are ignored in later works). Sun Quan is often overlooked when compared to the other two, but he was the longest ruling of the Three Kings, defeated all invasions and spent much of his reign consolidating the south and colonizing territory which belonged to various tribes. Sun Quan is largely given credit for expanding in the south and building frontier colonies. The Wu armies marched into Vietnam even going as far south as the Funan states in modern Cambodia. Cao Cao's state and its successor under the Sima family eventually unified China, though he was credited as being an extremely good general and administrator. One of the things he did was instate the Tuntian system which were farm colonies whose tenants could be conscripted. Liu Bei on the other hand basically left no legacy except for embellished stories written centuries later.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; September 14, 2019 at 10:33 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Racist

I can't keep up with all of their names. Why don't they have proper names like Bazza, Steve and Bruce?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I really liked the naming schema from the movie Inside Man, where everyone was named Steve, Steven, Stevie or Stephen.

That was a surprisingly good film considering it was directed by Spike Lee.

I only had to see one gameplay video of Three Kingdoms to decide that I'm never gonna play that game. It looked like something you'd play on an Ipad. Arcade trash.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

It feels like arcade trash. The battles aren't as straight forward as Napoleon or Shogun 2, which is a real pain to play.

I would pretty much only play as Cao Cao but I am tempted to play a game as Sun Jian. Would try a game as Dong Zhuo if I knew how. But the actual history is a lot more interesting than the game. While I don't actually like the Romance of Three Kingdoms for being a work of fiction and basically Liu Bei propaganda, I did greatly enjoy the 2011 Three Kingdoms TV show.

The one thing I absolutely despise about this game is how many generic generals there are. Pretty sure Dong Zhuo has maybe one notable general which is Lu Bu. Even though Dong Zhuo had by far the best army since he had both the veterans and tribal allies from Western Liang as well as much of the Army of the Western Garden which he took over from when He Jin was killed and Dong Zhuo purged the eunuchs. His generals included the respectable Zhang Ji, Li Jue and Guo Si, the very skillful tactician Xu Rong, and Hu Zhen and Niu Fu who are not talked about much but seem to be fairly capable since they managed to hold the line. Pretty much all these guys died before 200 which is disappointing since I think at the very least Xu Rong could have done something even if just in a subordinate role, I think only Lu Bu survived, unfortunately because he was average at best.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Is there no female modder or other gender?? That's sad.
    Serious question, were there ever any female posters? Why aren't there any now?
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Quote Originally Posted by Bo1Bo1Sha3 View Post
    Off the top of my head makanyane is female, and Legio was an ex-Hex who is female.

Legio wasn't biologically female. I'm not sure how he identified. A few years back, in Shogun 2 times, I remember there was a girl who was pretty good in multiplayer.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Bo1Bo1Sha3 View Post
    You could be!

no idea, since most modders use funny names and we only have confirmations that some of them are male.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

There aren't so many women here because of sexism. We need to change this by offering all women on this site a position as Hex/moderator/everything, until balance is restored. Only requirement for them to get the job is that they'll have to send nudes to prove they are what they are. This is the only way to combat the toxic masculinity that is so endemic on this site.

And now very seriously: I have no interactions with women (or humans generally) in my real life. So if some of you could at least pretend to be female so that I can train my cheesy pick-up lines and tell me what works and what doesn't that'd be super nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

I'll be a woman for rep.