Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

best part is the guy firing it, he cannot even reach the trigger with the right hand, it needs like a 45 cm index finger in order to fire it
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Huh yeah I just noticed that lmao. I wonder what the logic was behind making their big gun literally just a gun with the size slider site to max? It's like if a rifle was just a submachine gun but physically twice the size. This was the height of mans hubris and folly, we shall never again reach such creative heights. Alas.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

from what I know, it was intended as a sort of super gun to hit flying birds in flocks (source)

I'm not a hunter myself, but I know that for hunting birds is better to use ammo that spreads out tiny balls, because birds are weak and because of the wider spread.. so basically this is just literally what it looks, an over-sized hunting rifle made on purpose to shoot down as much birds as possible before they fly away
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

Yep. It's an oversized shotgun, intended to be fired from a pintle mount on a boat.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Ah right that makes a lot more sense then how it was displayed in the first picture. I wonder what the recoil would be like shooting something like that in a row boat like in some of those pictures, how much would it move the boat? Also 419 ducks in a single shot is a ridiculous number

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

How is that other guy holding the barrel without burning his hand? You are not supposed to hold the barrel when the gun is being fired.

For instance in self defense, never grab the barrel, you grab the guy's wrist and try to manipulate it from there.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 17, 2019 at 11:15 AM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    All this is very interesting. Unless, of course, Jesus was the actual son of God and did indeed rise again. I wouldn't mind if this were true. But damn, I'd feel so bad for having been an atheist all my life.
    How can you be so eager to submit to some which rapes woman and makes hippie bastards?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    How is that other guy holding the barrel without burning his hand? You are not supposed to hold the barrel when the gun is being fired.

For instance in self defense, never grab the barrel, you grab the guy's wrist and try to manipulate it from there.
    I see you missed my previous post, and the wiki link in it.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    How can you be so eager to submit to some which rapes woman and makes hippie bastards?
    You know, there is one thing I've always found hard to believe. If Jesus was indeed a farce, and if his apostles knew that he had in fact not risen from the dead, then why would his apostles give up everything, traveling far and wide to spread the message of some dead dude.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Well to be fair we live in a world where ing L Ron Hubbard can found a religion so I don't doubt Jesus ing Christ's ability to

It seems pretty crazy to continue it after his death, especially considering the risks to one's own life. The fact that it was able to spread as it did is fascinating.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It spread by bird, don't act like you aren't responsible for this. Every thing christians have ever done is on your shoulders Diamat.

I gladly accept all responsibility. With great pride.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Just remember what Bruce Wayne's aunt Mary said before Spiderman's uncle Jor-el exploded krypton; that with great responsibility comes great power.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Excelsior
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

You know, there is one thing I've always found hard to believe. If Jesus was indeed a farce, and if his apostles knew that he had in fact not risen from the dead, then why would his apostles give up everything, traveling far and wide to spread the message of some dead dude.
    Jesus had a twin.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

I don't care if he's real. His followers have zero self-respect as independent and free human beings. We should not live under God or his rules. Whatever that is.

It seems pretty crazy to continue it after his death, especially considering the risks to one's own life. The fact that it was able to spread as it did is fascinating.
    So were Bin Laden's ideas!
    Last edited by AqD; July 18, 2019 at 02:50 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I think it was "with great opportunity comes great power".

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Jesus had a twin.
    Yep, that totally explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    I don't care if he's real. His followers have zero self-respect as independent and free human beings. We should not live under God or his rules. Whatever that is.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I wont lie, this is the last place I expected Lucifer to reveal his true form. But I can't say I'm not pleased. Praise Satan. I hope Christ comes back so we can crucify him all over again.