Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

I hope you meant fist bump...

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Corrected. I think I prefer not to know what "fist bum" can mean

Nah, It could have been worse.
    Last edited by mishkin; April 17, 2018 at 04:43 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Do you think that is because anime has had a drop in quality? Or is it because anime has basically been adopted as a universal concept or genre?
    Anime hasn't dropped in quality, that's just your nostalgia speaking

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Thanks all for the quick updates. Great to know most have still been faring well and having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Divorce, financial ruin, and about to have a PhD with no job.
    Wow it's terrible to hear. I wish you best of luck my dearest avian.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Nothing much, failed uni again because I'm a lazy bastard and I'm currently recovering from an ACL injury whilst unemployed. Other than that things are good.
    I got ACL injuries on both knees a few years back, luckily they weren't serious and I didn't have to undergo a surgery. How's your recovery going?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    TWC has been mostly dull as . Though I guess that's not news to any of the old-timers who still lurk around but never post.

IRL, however, has been awesome for the past 4. I'm going to assume it's much the same story on your side
    Yeah I'm currently working on a startup on education for children, STEM education to be exact as it's fairly new in my region. I climbed from a Marketing Executive and have been the company's Art Director for the past 8 months. Boss is great, colleagues are great, and most of all the kids are the greatest. It's getting busier and busier as we're preparing for summer projects. Things get stressful most of the time, but in overall I'm enjoying life
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    Anime hasn't dropped in quality, that's just your nostalgia speaking
    Same as when people moan about music today. It's just that you only remember the good stuff years later and forget all the crap that was on at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I wouldn't mind fist bumming with you, though. We're all brothers of the bum here in The Chat Thread.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Raritу View Post
    I got ACL injuries on both knees a few years back, luckily they weren't serious and I didn't have to undergo a surgery. How's your recovery going?
    I had a full rupture so I did need surgery, now six months into recovery and it's going well. Lots of physical therapy and training and I still can't play football for another few months but cycling, running and hiking aren't a problem. My stamina is pretty bad though.

What about swimming? Shouldn't put any pressure on the knees and it's great cardio.

Artifex

I had a full rupture so I did need surgery, now six months into recovery and it's going well. Lots of physical therapy and training and I still can't play football for another few months but cycling, running and hiking aren't a problem. My stamina is pretty bad though.
    Two of my mates from my football team had ruptures and underwent surgeries as well. One returned playing after 4 months of rehab and the other gets re-injured every time he tries to play again, it's almost feel like the doctors replaced his ligaments with rubber bands

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    What about swimming? Shouldn't put any pressure on the knees and it's great cardio.
    I haven't gone swimming in years. The doctor said somewhere before the surgery that it wasn't advisable as the knee could lock up in the water, although that shouldn't be a problem anymore.
    Two of my mates from my football team had ruptures and underwent surgeries as well. One returned playing after 4 months of rehab and the other gets re-injured every time he tries to play again, it's almost feel like the doctors replaced his ligaments with rubber bands
    Four months? Full recovery is 9 months to a year here, I have a sporting ban for the first 9 months when it comes to contact sports. I've made massive progress in 6 months and I wouldn't say my knee is unstable but in terms of stability, strength and technique there still is quite a bit of work before I'd even try starting again. As for the other, it depends on the person's body as well of course. I'm fairly lucky that there isn't anything in my build that increases the probability of knee problems and before this I really haven't had any big injuries (or even small ones to be honest). I'm recovering together with a guy who had surgery 2 weeks before me but because of his build he is having a much harder time.

Artifex

Four months? Full recovery is 9 months to a year here
    Yeah I know. We try to hold him from time to time. He hit the gym after 3 months and returned to the field a bit later. Thankfully he's still doing well. The other guy, in the other hand, has suffered for almost 2 years post-surgery though.

I have a sporting ban for the first 9 months when it comes to contact sports.
    It's hard. Got my Ring metacarpal fractured 5 months ago and it's painful to watch my teammates play while I couldn't

Yeah I know. We try to hold him from time to time. He hit the gym after 3 months and returned to the field a bit later. Thankfully he's still doing well.
    Lucky him, that could have been disastrous.
    It's hard. Got my Ring metacarpal fractured 5 months ago and it's painful to watch my teammates play while I couldn't
    For the first few months I didn't really have the urge to play but I'm more and more looking forward to being able to play again. I was the linesman in the last two games though and I can hopefully participate in at least a part of the training with the rest in a few weeks.

TBH i'm quit lucky that I've only had one one serious injury. It was inflamed hip flexors. Put me out of commission for about 9 months. Really sneaky injury, very easy to have it re-occur or go back too early.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I only ever had one sports injury. In my high school senior year, at the state (Texas) track meet, I was doing long-jump and 200m sprint. My first event was long-jump. I ran toward the pit and as I was about to jump, suddenly I felt a great pain in my hamstring, lost all strength, and collapsed right in front of the pit. I still remember the "ooooo" sound coming from the audience and other athletes. Then there was this long awkward silence. Suffice it to say, that was the end of my track "career." I was out for the rest of the season due to damaged hamstring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Do you think that is because anime has had a drop in quality?
    I would say that I haven't heard of anything amazing recently, yeah. Also that actually living in Japan destroyed the magical, exotic quality of anime for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    It's hard to get more literal than that though

Yeah I'm currently working on a startup on education for children, STEM education to be exact as it's fairly new in my region. I climbed from a Marketing Executive and have been the company's Art Director for the past 8 months. Boss is great, colleagues are great, and most of all the kids are the greatest. It's getting busier and busier as we're preparing for summer projects. Things get stressful most of the time, but in overall I'm enjoying life
    Wow, so you really are putting those graphical skills to use IRL. That's great! I actually have to design a flyer for my company, I'm pretty clueless though about how to make one that doesn't look rubbish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Same as when people moan about music today. It's just that you only remember the good stuff years later and forget all the crap that was on at the same time.
    IDK, I think what you're saying is true, but we can still speak of some decades which stand out more than others. There's definitely a lot more music being made nowadays in general, and it seems harder to make really original stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey I of Leuven View Post
    I wouldn't mind fist bumming with you, though. We're all brothers of the bum here in The Chat Thread.
    If only Lyra were here. The fisting of bums is his bread and butter.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Japan was a mistake.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I kind of miss actually being excited to go to Nipponbashi (Osaka) or Akihabara to go hunting for goodies, or about going to lots of the events here like the cosplay street festa, or anison concerts and such. That part of me is dead, though.

DEAD!

Patrician

What killed it? ... Who killed it?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

The tentacles, man. The god damn tentacles.

Patrician

You can't unsee things. Glad I didn't go near that area.