Page 11 of 501 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Hey know who made you King.
    You can be my queen. :appropriatesmileytomakeclearthatisaharmlessjoke:
    Last edited by mishkin; May 19, 2017 at 02:16 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

What has the great Devia become? A chat board about Vegemite and Bread... I declare secession!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    You can be my queen. :appropriatesmileytomakeclearthatisaharmlessjoke:
    Maybe that's my fetish

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    What kind of Australian bread?
    The traditional stuff called damper that is made by bushmen and tastes like , or normal bread? I like this bread, nice and huge slices.

Also, since we're on the topic of bread let's talk about Vegemite. The reason it has a bad reputation is that people are idiots and put s on their bread/toast because they want the Youtube views or whatever that'll come from gagging on the saltiness. You're meant to put a small amount on toast, along with butter/margarine. This much, NOT this much.
    I don't actually care that much about Vegemite though lols, I had to throw out a half-full jar yesterday because I haven't eaten any in ages and it was out of date by a few months =P
    Lol if you're not man enough to slather on Vegemite. Also, it never goes out of date. Very good breakfast if you're a bit hungover.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    What has the great Devia become? A chat board about Vegemite and Bread... I declare secession!
    You're just mad cos you didn't think of it first

Patrician

Forsooth knave thou hath discovered me! I shall flee only to return once more and gain my vengeance. A thousand curses upon thee!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Discussion of bread is one of the foundations of the Devia, be careful what you say Oda.

Patrician

Then I demand that we rewrite the constitution of the Devia to exclude bread.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

The TD has a constitution? Hide it from me or I'll swamp this place with amendments as well. Behold the Curial quagmire as an eternal warning to this:

(Bottom right: The Curator trying to repair his assistant.)
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Then I demand that we rewrite the constitution of the Devia to exclude bread.
    Ok fine we won't talk about bread. Lets talk about how the water was cut out for my entire area, and now that it's turned back on it's a really murky yellow. My hypothesis is that the guv'ment learnt of me divulging state secrets regarding Vegemite and decided to taint my water with yellow mind control serum. Before you accuse me of being a tinfoil hat wearer, I can most definitely state that I'm not because I know that the truth that government deep state proxies propagated the concept of tinfoil hats as due to them being constructed out of metal, they conduct electricity more effectively thus making you more susceptible to mind control.

This is my preferred method of anti-surveillance.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 19, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Patrician

But how do you know that they didn't implant a micro-chip in you at birth? ... or what if... before birth!?

Isn't this a face you can trust?

The man on the grassy Knoll says this guy is full of it.
    Last edited by PikeStance; May 19, 2017 at 09:19 PM.

Patrician

Master of Memes? ... Alex... you seek Alex Jones. Take you to him I will.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Rewrite the TD Constitution?

IT'S TREASON THEN
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Patrician

Patrician

Finished Narcos season 2 a while ago.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I found it anti-climactic for the most part since it is sort of like all the big stuff happens near the middle and the ending is just sort of Pablo getting killed. The acting was pretty good. By god was the whole thing terribly inaccurate. Jhon Jairo Velasquez isn't dark skinned, isn't a random guy off the street, was not killed, was not a random driver and did not kill a random girl. The real Jhon Jairo Velasquez was in fact whiter than the whitest Scandinavian, was called/alias "Popeye", raised in a middle class home, went to university, was in the army until he quit, did brief jobs driving Pablo and his associates around in his car, was made Pablo's main hit-man, was set up by his girlfriend so that he had to go kill her so that she did not turn him in to the authorities (which she only got with him to do that), ran around with Pablo when they were in hiding and turned himself in the day before Pablo was killed and more importantly he is still alive after serving like 20 years in prison for good conduct and helping the police by providing testimonies and identifying other criminals. Although if they were trying to make Pablo sympathetic then it mostly worked it still felt more like a day in the life of Pablo than it did some gringo cops trying to catch the Cocaine Tsar.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; May 20, 2017 at 02:17 AM.

I've watched Narcos but you should probably put spoiler tags on that. Everyone knows he dies, but they don't necessarily know what season its in.

The show was great and all, but I think it's dumb that they've decided to extend the show for a few more seasons, they're just milking the series.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Did Escobar escape from that prison at the end of Season 1, or the start of Season 2? I hated that bit, it was just so dumb and unrealistic (I assume it happened in real life and wasn't just a madeup thing for the show, but it was still silly)
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 20, 2017 at 01:07 AM.

Patrician

Wouldn't everyone assume that Pablo dies in the last season though?

Pablo really did escape from the prison "La Catedral", which he himself built and used it as a sort of area for house arrest. What happened was that the government heard the Medellin brigade was paid off so they switched them with the Bogota brigade. The night of the incident when they were going to send the special forces to drag him out, he and his goons knocked down a fake plaster wall and made their escape through the hills. Since Pablo knew that area quite well, ever since he was a child, he knew that the fog would come in thick that night after 11 PM. But since the Bogota brigade didn't know the area at all (remember they switched them with the Medellin brigade) he was able to make his escape. They ran down the hills into the city of Medellin and since in those days Medellin was on energy rations (due to energy shortages) all of the lights were turned off past 11 PM. Meaning that Pablo and his gang literally ran through the city all throughout the night and no one even saw him. Maybe if some cops or soldiers saw him they were probably not going to tell anyone because they were paid off. If civilians saw him they wouldn't snitch because snitches get shot.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; May 20, 2017 at 02:16 AM.

Oh wow never realised that, seems like Escobar relied on luck and intimidation as much as his own intelligence.
    Btw they're making a third season of Narcos, which is why I said that.

Patrician

Really? How would they make another season of Narcos? What more could they even cover? Perhaps how they took out the Cali cartel and the expansion of the FARC guerrilla group.