Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Hmmm a cross between him and Leonardo di Caprio I do believe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Add a bit of Jack Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Panther View Post
    I am thinking about buying a Ailenware PC. I hear they are overrated though, is this true?
    I've had one since 2012 and it's still going quite strong. Mine is a laptop, though. If I ever buy a desktop, I agree it would be fun to build it, aside from being cheaper.

Does anyone know about State Defense Force groups that are in the US? I do not understand them at all. So they are like guardsmen, but not really.
    You might find some great advice posting here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Advice-Thread

Oops, you already found that.
    Last edited by Frunk; January 08, 2018 at 04:56 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Back to the Curia now, there's a lad
    Ah you think the TD is your ally? You merely adopted the TD. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the CVRIA until I was a Citizen, and by then it was nothing to me but blinding!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Add a bit of Jack Black.

I've had one since 2012 and it's still going quite strong. Mine is a laptop, though. If I ever buy a desktop, I agree it would be fun to build it, aside from being cheaper.

You might find some great advice posting here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Advice-Thread

Oops, you already found that.

Sorry about the double question!

Yeah, I know I really should build it to save money, but I'm to lazy to build my own, that's the only problem. But I heard it's not as hard as it looks.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

You were born in the Coliseum mate, no lies Derps.

Indefinitely Banned

I am leaving for Europe on the 22nd. First time there even though I been out of the nation before (Canada). Anyone know any hidden gems and vice versa, overrated spots?

Plus, anyone like to hang out, I'm always open to meeting new people.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

The entire former soviet pact, west of of the Dniester, Kiev and Belarus is one giant hidden gem for tourists. Hungary, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria. You cannot go wrong with any of these. Most overrated by far are Switzerland and Athens. Also you picked probably the worst time of the year to visit Europe. Europe is best visited between mid april and early october or in december if there is snow and you like to ski. January is cold, hungover, short on cash and generally gloomy.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    The entire former soviet pact, west of of the Dniester, Kiev and Belarus is one giant hidden gem for tourists. Hungary, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria. You cannot go wrong with any of these. Most overrated by far are Switzerland and Athens. Also you picked probably the worst time of the year to visit Europe. Europe is best visited between mid april and early october or in december if there is snow and you like to ski. January is cold, hungover, short on cash and generally gloomy.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I know, but it was cheap.
    I am going back again in late March/early April however and going to Scotland then Milan, Italy and then some other places if that makes it any better.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Anyone know if Purdue University in Indiana, USA is any good for aerospace engineering? Like as good as Harvard is for Law or just mediocre? An irl mate is doing either a semester or a year there as an international student.
    I am leaving for Europe on the 22nd. First time there even though I been out of the nation before (Canada). Anyone know any hidden gems and vice versa, overrated spots?

Plus, anyone like to hang out, I'm always open to meeting new people.
    Have fun, I've only been to Scotland and Ireland but they were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    You were born in the Coliseum mate, no lies Derps.
    Well if I have to be honest, then I'd say I was born in the Westeros Total War forum, where nothing has happened these past 8 years

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Just saw Bright, the Netflix original which has been destroyed by the critics but oddly has a whopping 90% audience approval. I went into this thinking it was total . This movie was actually pretty awesome and I will even assert that it has saved urban fantasy. I would watch a sequel or hell a series if they could get Will Smith on board.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Yeah, Bright was great. Can't wait to see more of it..

So in this new year, my goal is to get to a conversational level with Russian. After taking only one year in college (they only offered that one year), I'm trying to get back into it after five years. Hoping to add it to my resume. Curently I'm doing free classes at a local library (unfortunately only one hour a week and most of it is review for me since I can still read the letters), Duolingo, and mango. Of course, that won't be enough. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Indefinitely Banned

Russian would be interesting. I brought Rosetta Stone this year, I am trying to learn German and Spanish.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Ambitious plans, my friend^

I guess no one will be surprised if I say that Bright is pure imo.

Why do you think so?

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

the stupid plot, the minimal imaginative effort, the characters without any depth... but wait, the vampire-elf in tight clothes (now I do not remember the name*) was hot. Not as hot as the original, Kate Beckinsale in Underwolrd, but hot enough.

*Noomi Rapace

What you liked about that movie (Bright)?
    Last edited by mishkin; January 09, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

Patrician

The fact that it is one of the few positive examples of urban fantasy. It also had call backs to the Will Smith which we loved in the 1990's. As messy as the story was from to time I really didn't have trouble following along either. It is just a cool world with interesting things. Though in a lot of ways it reminded me of Defiance, down to the very character designs. It would have been better as a series but Netflix has already approved a sequel which means I'm happy.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; January 09, 2018 at 02:23 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Indefinitely Banned

What is this movie Bright?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

What is this movie Bright?
    Its basically a cop buddy drama created by Netflix. Orcs, Centaurs, Elves, Humans, Pixies and stuff all live together. Will Smith is a LAPD officer paired up with the first Orc officer who everyone hates because Orcs are considered "evil" because 2,000 years ago they sided with the "Dark Lord". Basically Orcs are black/Hispanic gangsters, Elves are WASPs and humans are working class.

All the reviewers say its , whereas a lot of people who have watched it say its great. I've gotta agree with mishkin and say it wasn't very good. Not much character development, a bit moronic and the world building wasn't amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    So in this new year, my goal is to get to a conversational level with Russian. After taking only one year in college (they only offered that one year), I'm trying to get back into it after five years. Hoping to add it to my resume. Curently I'm doing free classes at a local library (unfortunately only one hour a week and most of it is review for me since I can still read the letters), Duolingo, and mango. Of course, that won't be enough. Do you guys have any suggestions?
    This is all I've got to contribute on learning Russian. Its pretty funny.

Patrician

I agree with most of those criticisms although my position is that it was good for what it was. I wasn't expecting much from this movie and was pleasantly surprised. It worked with it's premise leaving a few things unanswered, which is a success in my opinion. I would give it like a 7 out of 10 at most.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Its basically a cop buddy drama created by Netflix. Orcs, Centaurs, Elves, Humans, Pixies and stuff all live together. Will Smith is a LAPD officer paired up with the first Orc officer who everyone hates because Orcs are considered "evil" because 2,000 years ago they sided with the "Dark Lord". Basically Orcs are black/Hispanic gangsters, Elves are WASPs and humans are working class.

All the reviewers say its , whereas a lot of people who have watched it say its great. I've gotta agree with mishkin and say it wasn't very good. Not much character development, a bit moronic and the world building wasn't amazing.

This is all I've got to contribute on learning Russian. Its pretty funny.

Oh okay! I know now of what you speak. Just from the preview stuff I have seen, it seems kind of silly. I recently just got Netflix and trying to find some good shows. I will start watching BoJack Horseman later this week. Any of you guys watched it yet?