Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Or is being a worm for a bit a punishment in itself and the only thing that matters is the length of his worm-life.
    It appears so. That's racist yes? Can we sue Buddha for racism?

As much as Osaka is an awesome city jam packed with fun, I have to say it sometimes seems impossible to break out to the countryside and see actual wilderness. The city, other cities and suburbs cover all of central kansai.
    Last edited by Inkie; September 09, 2018 at 09:12 AM.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

@inkie: You living in Japan these days or what?

Yeah, been here almost four years now. I've largely gone off anime though lol

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Did you try the frog sashimi or live fish in Tokyo?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    Yeah, been here almost four years now. I've largely gone off anime though lol
    Nice, i wasn't aware of that. Is it expensive than UK? Adjusted to the food etc?

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Did you try the frog sashimi or live fish in Tokyo?
    Neither, I have had chicken, pork and puffer fish sashimi, which were all delicious. I've also been to a fishing restaurant, shaped like a boat, where you catch a fish from the water around it and then eat it prepared as sashimi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Nice, i wasn't aware of that. Is it expensive than UK? Adjusted to the food etc?
    Eating out, rent, cigarettes, transport and some other things are cheaper, but supermarkets and often drinking among other things are more expensive. The food is good from the onset, though it does get much better when you get used to it!

The lifestyle takes some adjusting, but most people give up on trying to assimilate. In most ways it's actually more convenient and easy to live here day to day than back home or in France.

Good to know you're having a good time in Japan. Though i don't think i could live in there being a vegetarian. Japan is all around awesome nation though, fast paced life. Would definitely go there on a tour\vacation.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Yeah I miss Japan, although I also miss the Caucasus too

So just had my first week of grad school classes. For the readings I tried reading while playing Crusader Kings II on the slowest speed but that didn't really work. Took me too long to finish some of my readings.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Derpy Hooves View Post
    Yeah I miss Japan, although I also miss the Caucasus too
    Caucasus you mean like Armenia, Georgia and Ajerbaijan? They have tons of castles and thousands years old churches?

Indefinitely Banned

I prefer my vacations in the mountains. But in the end you gotta make money and have to tolerate the fast paced BS of city life. Traffic being the worst in Delhi.

I always wanted to go to India. Any cool places you would recommend?

Good to know you're having a good time in Japan. Though i don't think i could live in there being a vegetarian. Japan is all around awesome nation though, fast paced life. Would definitely go there on a tour\vacation.
    Yeah it's not easy for vegetarians, so ironic given its Buddhist history.

I barely meet any Indians here, but there are lots of Nepalese. Always seemed strange to me given the relative sizes of the two countries. Any Indian curry restaurant will always be sporting a Nepalese flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    I always wanted to go to India. Any cool places you would recommend?
    Lot of cool places. Westerners usually go to Agra to see Taj Mahal. Nothing much else there to see, besides a few other Mughal castles\forts. Southern India is also vast, Kerala state, elephants and .
    Then you have Kashmir, snow\mountains etc in the North. Depends on what you want to see. Although now's not a good time to see India. Westerners would melt in the current heat. December-Jan is more favourable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkie View Post
    Yeah it's not easy for vegetarians, so ironic given its Buddhist history.

I barely meet any Indians here, but there are lots of Nepalese. Always seemed strange to me given the relative sizes of the two countries. Any Indian curry restaurant will always be sporting a Nepalese flag.
    Nepalese are bloody everywhere. I saw a lot of them in Malaysia and Singapore as well. Cool bunch.
    And ugh, hate curry.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Lot of cool places. Westerners usually go to Agra to see Taj Mahal. Nothing much else there to see, besides a few other Mughal castles\forts. Southern India is also vast, Kerala state, elephants and .
    Then you have Kashmir, snow\mountains etc in the North. Depends on what you want to see. Although now's not a good time to see India. Westerners would melt in the current heat. December-Jan is more favourable.

Nepalese are bloody everywhere. I saw a lot of them in Malaysia and Singapore as well. Cool bunch.
    And ugh, hate curry.
    Does Goa still have portugues vestiges from back in the day? I know a few lads that wanted to go there.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Indian miniseries on Netflix (Ghoul), one of the protagonists surnamed Dacunha (portuguese surname). Fairly good show by the way, even though the actors (and/or the dubbing of English) were terrible.

It was a disappointment. Mediocre, though the premise set was quite brilliant, wasted potential. Watch Sacred Games. You will love it.

Blog Entries

the same actress appears. I add it to the list, but actually I'm already quite busy with Castle Rock, Mr. Mercedes and Fear The Walking Dead (none of them great, but...).

How good is Castle Rock? I have heard it's actually quite good. Was planning to watch it.

Blog Entries

A couple of interesting plots, but usually too soft or bland in my opinion.