Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

He really was a terrible lecturer, frequently stuttering. Nevertheless, his lectures were always fully attended, with students writing down his lectures ad verbum. He was a celebrity, a Jordan Peterson of sorts, but without any public speaking talent.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

If only Hegel had learned from Hegel, alas.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Indefinitely Banned

Hi everyone. How have you guys been? I am on a mission to change my life around for the better and give myself a 2 1/2 years to do it. I am going back to school for game design and public health, interesting mix. I miss you guys. I been thinking of you all, how has everyone been?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    I wanna see a robot trying to teach Hegel. I tried that yesterday during my 3-hour class (talking about Hegel for 3 hours straight). Can't imagine a robot doing that in any intelligible way.
    Teaching is slow and with that kind of natural disability we wouldn't be going anywhere.

If a robot reaches Einstein's level of intelligence, all could be made like that in a few days. No point teaching humans if robots do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    Hi everyone. How have you guys been? I am on a mission to change my life around for the better and give myself a 2 1/2 years to do it. I am going back to school for game design and public health, interesting mix. I miss you guys. I been thinking of you all, how has everyone been?
    How's the trip to Poland? I think I missed you??

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    He really was a terrible lecturer, frequently stuttering. Nevertheless, his lectures were always fully attended, with students writing down his lectures ad verbum. He was a celebrity, a Jordan Peterson of sorts, but without any public speaking talent.
    So what you're saying: Almost the exact opposite of Jordan Peterson.

Not to crap much on Peterson, but he became such a pop culture figure not because he's saying something groundbreaking revolutionary, but because of first politics and how fundamentalist enemies treated him, and then with his fame already fading by using that to push some things that aren't groundbreaking either. Especially not for a psychologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yeah but... what is God? I don't know if I believe in God... I need to debate Sam Harris for 3 hours on the definition of truth like a Christian Apologetics Platonist sperg.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm God, actually.

Patrician

You're Morgan Freeman?
    Heh, to think that God was the President of South Africa all along.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    So what you're saying: Almost the exact opposite of Jordan Peterson.

Not to crap much on Peterson, but he became such a pop culture figure not because he's saying something groundbreaking revolutionary, but because of first politics and how fundamentalist enemies treated him, and then with his fame already fading by using that to push some things that aren't groundbreaking either. Especially not for a psychologist.
    I cringe whenever Peterson talks about Marxism. His understanding of the topic is so basic, yet he talks about it in a convincing way, as if he knew a lot about it. It's amazing that he can continue rambling on about a certain topic without actually saying much at all. Having said that, I still enjoy listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    No point teaching humans if robots do everything.
    This would be a disaster waiting to happen. Humans would lose their ability to think for themselves and create things. It reminds me of that one Star Trek TNG episode where the people on the planet had their lives completely controlled by a computer, to the point that they no longer knew how the computer worked.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    You're Morgan Freeman?
    Heh, to think that God was the President of South Africa all along.
    Oh, no. God is just a family name.

Patrician

If you write God backwards you get Dog. This is a sign.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

And the anagram of "Lord Oda Nobunaga" is "You're going to die alone you pathetic man"

Patrician

An exact transliteration is actually "omae wa mou shindeiru".

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Your abyssal tongue does you no good here, devil.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Go back to whence thou came foul devil. We do not want your wares, for we are a good Christian nation. We have no need for "hentai" and "body pillows" and "warm toilet seats", for we have the love of Christ inside us.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Well actually I could go for some hentai

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

If you write God backwards you get Dog. This is a sign.
    I've been telling people that! After all what kind of retarded creature would love humans unconditionally?

Patrician

To veer off suddenly... I spent the past two or three days playing Total War Three Kingdoms. I really don't like this game. The recruitment system is ed, the generals and duels are ed, sieges are kinda broken. I was playing as Cao Cao but Xun You was working for the Han, I killed Zhang He in battle and I have no idea where Zhang Liao or Yue Jin are, Yu Jin and Zhang He, Xun You were not even special generals, they were marked as generic. The campaign map is a lot of moving armies back and forth to avoid being overrun from all sides, the army limit is annoying, although I think the campaign map is better than Rome 2, but by the Yellow Emperor it takes an eternity just to move an army. If they were going to do Three Kingdoms then why are Gansu province (probably even the Tarim Basin cause why not), Liaodong, Vietnam and Korea not in the map? All of which were part of the Three Kingdoms, even the steppe barbarians like Xianbei, Di, Qiang, Xiongnu and Wuhuan were involved.

Now the worst part, and the whole point of a Total War game. The Battles are absolutely terrible. It doesn't even feel like Total War: the units don't work properly, every fight turns into a moshpit, holding ranks doesn't happen, a unit can survive being pelted by SIX archer units. In every battle I am just struggling to figure out what is happening. The whole thing feels like an arcade game, I miss the old battles of Napoleon Total War or Shogun 2. Seems like they just copied the Warhammer mechanics for a friggin historical China game. And for the love of the Jade Emperor, there are no damn naval battles. You can basically just walk across a river or put your units into a river where they transform into boats. Imagine if that was actually possible then the south would have been conquered several times over instead of the Yangtze River and Yellow River being massive obstacles.

In conclusion Total War Three Kingdoms kinda sucks. It was quite boring to tell the truth. I swear on Laozi that I would rather be playing Rome 2, and I didn't even like Rome 2. Next time I will use my time playing HOI4 or EU4, maybe even Shogun 2 or Attila (never finished that game). At least I didn't pay for Total War Three Kingdoms, then I would actually be angry.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah it was very disappointing. I haven't picked it back up since the first week it came out. Makes me miss the old days

Diplomacy has been greatly improved, but otherwise Three Kingdoms suffers from the same issues plaguing recent Total War games, like simplified campaign, limited army and building slots, RPG trait system, removal of naval warfare, clunky battles and etc. Romance is ridiculous, but at least there's the option of Records mode. In my case, I'm so completely clueless about the period, that it's really hard to really care about any faction or warlord, with the exception of the exceptionally charismatic Dong Zhuo.
    TIf they were going to do Three Kingdoms then why are Gansu province (probably even the Tarim Basin cause why not), Liaodong, Vietnam and Korea not in the map? All of which were part of the Three Kingdoms, even the steppe barbarians like Xianbei, Di, Qiang, Xiongnu and Wuhuan were involved.
    Spoiler for TRUE ANSWER, includes naughty words, too