Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

I watched it again after many years, the only entertaining part was John Goodman going on about "NAM"
    I fail to see how its a cult classic myself (no offence to dudes?)

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    THERA: Legacy of the Great Torment looks kinda similar as well. https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?..._Great_Torment
    Its funny you mentioned that because it’s literally where my flair my entire time on here has been from
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    I watched it again after many years, the only entertaining part was John Goodman going on about "NAM"
    I fail to see how its a cult classic myself (no offence to dudes?)
    "This will not stand you know, this aggression will not stand man!"

You are lucky that we are too lazy, or this would have ended vary badly
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    "This will not stand you know, this aggression will not stand man!"

You are lucky that we are too lazy, or this would have ended vary badly
    Personally I've found myself typing out a passionate defense of the movie and then stopping myself out of laziness and apathy. If that isn't the essence of dudeism I don't know what is. Honestly I'm surprised I've managed to make it this fa

2018 was a rough year, how's 2019 for y'all?
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

It's actually going quite well - Depends on whether I get into my first choice for Uni in the autumn, but so far 2019 has been tons of nights of partying, late nights, exams, work, school and fun. It is quite tiring, though, I need all the holidays I can get
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

So far so good. I finally have a job in a hellish academic job market. Unfortunately it's only a 1-year position, meaning that I'm already applying for new post-docs and tenure-track positions.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Pretty good except for having had my car totaled three months ago (Not my fault). And then after waiting two months for my insurance to decide to give me less than I payed for my car my new car broke down last week and it's going to cost half of what I paid for it to fix it.

On the up side the new Total War is really good so at least I have that going for me. And my alcoholism.

That's why it's best just not to own a car. I have told myself never to own a car again. Let's see if I can keep this promise to myself.

Senator

If you own a car, you have on foot already in Jail... sadly I have to use a car to get to work, puplic transportations in rural Germany suck.
    At least I don`t have to pay for most trains and buses in my country.

If I'm in the US, I just take Uber. Fortunately in Seoul you don't need a car. The public transportation system is awesome, cheap, and clean.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

if it was even slightly feasible for me to not own a car I would. Unfortunately I live in suburban Knoxville, Tennessee and it's not very easy to just walk places and public transportation is so unreliable and rare it's even less practical than walking here. Not to mention that here in the U.S most employers wont hire you unless you have a car or "reliable transportation" (A ing car) since they don't want to deal with someone being late or missing shifts. Especially in my job where I've got to go to different venues around the city.

So lucky, that alcohol and video games have any effect on you.

Edit: I am saying it doesn't do much for me anymore.
    Last edited by Bo1Bo1Sha3; May 27, 2019 at 05:27 AM.
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm glad you made that edit, I was confused by your comment at first . Yes alcohol and video games have an effect on me but they may have a bit too strong of an effect. I really need to cut back on the drinking It's starting to become a habit and I'd like to stop that before it gets worse. As for video games though I think if anything that addiction is going to be getting even stronger .

Senator

@Akar: For me its really helpful to choose one or two weeks, in which I don´t touch any alcohol... it helps to manage the craving for a drink, or at least i can tell myself that I´m not addicted.
    My Gaming Addiction is under control since I live together with my fiance... she makes sure that she gets the attention, not the PC.
    But when she´s away on a education trip....

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm going to take a week or two off, I don't have any more alcohol in the house right now so I'm just going to keep away from the liquor store. In my experience, the only antidote for a gaming addiction is a relationship. I'm not complaining though, soon enough the law will progress far enough to allow me to marry my PC. I think the European Union already allows it in fact.

edit: You can also go the route of getting your fiancee addicted to games as well, although if she doesn't have her own PC that could make things even worse for you.
    Last edited by Akar; May 28, 2019 at 09:38 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I now have 3 patrons at Patreon. I estimate that to make some decent income out of this i need roughly 297 more. At least i will be fighting in the shade.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Yeah I'm going to take a week or two off, I don't have any more alcohol in the house right now so I'm just going to keep away from the liquor store. In my experience, the only antidote for a gaming addiction is a relationship. I'm not complaining though, soon enough the law will progress far enough to allow me to marry my PC. I think the European Union already allows it in fact.

edit: You can also go the route of getting your fiancee addicted to games as well, although if she doesn't have her own PC that could make things even worse for you.
    I wish I could avoid alcohol. But it's almost impossible living in Korea. Alcohol is available around every corner. And it's so cheap here. Imagine spending only two bucks to get totally wasted. All this makes alcohol so tempting.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    I wish I could avoid alcohol. But it's almost impossible living in Korea. Alcohol is available around every corner. And it's so cheap here. Imagine spending only two bucks to get totally wasted. All this makes alcohol so tempting.
    I think I got alcohol poisoning just from reading that comment. What volume/ABV are we talking about for two bucks? I'm usually getting 750ml of 50% ABV Whiskey for ~$15.00 so I'm just wondering how that compares to U.S prices. I'm trying to see how dead I would be if I stepped foot into (presumably south) Korea.

Soju is 20% and comes in 360ml bottles. 1 bottle costs around 1 USD. It looks like you're used to harder stuff, so you're gonna have to spend more than 2 bucks to get wasted. But it's still gonna be cheap.