Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

I think that its fair to say that he is indeed Literally Hitler

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Alright guys, should I drive two and a half hours to North Carolina on the 30th to see Hannibal Burress? The son of a is in my hometown (Knoxville) today and I didn't even know and now he's sold out of non handicapped tickets to his show. So my options are to either fake a serious injury (or seriously injure myself) before 7pm tonight (14 hours) and see the show here in Knoxville OR to drive two and a half hours to "North" Carolina. WHAT SHOULD I DO

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

If you can meet me on the 29th I can run your leg over with my car, that way you can be ready the night before.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Who will join me in the Area 51 raid? Pointi's legion will march on Sept. 18th to support the Naruto runners. Enlist now, your nation demands action.

Patrician

The Aliens have really strong defenses. Sounds way too risky.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Nonono, we're freeing the aliens! We're the good guys! I'm with ya Ponti.

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    Alright guys, should I drive two and a half hours to North Carolina on the 30th to see Hannibal Burress? The son of a is in my hometown (Knoxville) today and I didn't even know and now he's sold out of non handicapped tickets to his show. So my options are to either fake a serious injury (or seriously injure myself) before 7pm tonight (14 hours) and see the show here in Knoxville OR to drive two and a half hours to "North" Carolina. WHAT SHOULD I DO
    I've seen barely any of either of their material, but who do ya think is the better comedian? Eric Andre or Hannibal Burress?

Patrician

Storming Area 51 is basically Bastille Day?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    I've seen barely any of either of their material, but who do ya think is the better comedian? Eric Andre or Hannibal Burress?
    I think Hannibal has better stand up but Eric Andre is the better comedian in the pure sense of the word. He takes things to another level in a way that I don't think anyone really has since Andy Kaufman. I don't think Eric Andre really does standup, he's more of an absurdist and surrealist comic and I think he does that better than anyone else right now. Fortunately (And I'm sure you already know this, hence the question) you don't have to pick between them, they're both on the Eric Andre show!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Storming Area 51 is basically Bastille Day?
    Bastille Day with naruto runners, people chugging Monster energy drinks, and the prospect of cool alien toys at the end rather than dumb stuff like "liberty", "egality" and "fraternity" at the end.

I think Hannibal has better stand up but Eric Andre is the better comedian in the pure sense of the word. He takes things to another level in a way that I don't think anyone really has since Andy Kaufman. I don't think Eric Andre really does standup, he's more of an absurdist and surrealist comic and I think he does that better than anyone else right now. Fortunately (And I'm sure you already know this, hence the question) you don't have to pick between them, they're both on the Eric Andre show!
    Yea I haven't seen much of either of their individual stuff, mostly just the Eric Andre show, so I was wondering.

Is western Europe super expensive? I keep reading about guys ordering a glass of water but it's 30$? Tourist trap? I do know Norway is expensive even for Scandinavia.
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I saw Once Upon a Time in Hollywood last night and I've never felt more molested by someone else's fetish than I was with all the close up shots of dirty ing feet Quentin Tarantino managed to shove into the movie

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bo1Bo1Sha3 View Post
    Is western Europe super expensive? I keep reading about guys ordering a glass of water but it's 30$? Tourist trap? I do know Norway is expensive even for Scandinavia.
    If you come in Italy, I can sell you an empty glass for 50 euro, then you can fill it for free in the many rivers and lakes we have, or on puddles..

Come on mate, who would really pay 30 dollars for a glass of water? It's not tourist trap, it's tourist silliness (just like it happens with being robbed in the middle of the road); there have been indeed crazy cases, but they were few and for the most they were all reported to Police and properly dealt with, the rest is just urban legend
    you can spend your time in Italy for about 50€ day full service if you know where to go and to look, but of course if one pretends to walk around Piazza San Marco in Venice and enter all the bars drinking champagne, then 500€ per day won't be enough
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

lol nice of Tarantino to keep it predictable. It doesn't come out in Australia till August 15th, so still ages before I get to see it.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

It was a super enjoyable movie with some funny moments and a nice twist but man this was the first I'm hearing of Tarantino's little problem. The girl I was with kept pointing out all the damned toes and dirty feet in the movie to me and it honestly took us both out of it. Somehow he managed to do a 4hour version of hateful 8 with no feet and so I imagine he just had to get his damn fix in somehow. There's multiple scenes where a main character's face is framed by dirty feet and you're just like.... why?

This is my hometown's legacy, a rampant foot fetishist

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Because he is Tarantino, everything he does has to be different, one why or another
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

It was a super enjoyable movie with some funny moments and a nice twist but man this was the first I'm hearing of Tarantino's little problem. The girl I was with kept pointing out all the damned toes and dirty feet in the movie to me and it honestly took us both out of it. Somehow he managed to do a 4hour version of hateful 8 with no feet and so I imagine he just had to get his damn fix in somehow. There's multiple scenes where a main character's face is framed by dirty feet and you're just like.... why?

This is my hometown's legacy, a rampant foot fetishist
    I see something on many websites, some chat is going on and a bunch of people with weird fetishes/fandoms derail the discussion.
    In Tarantino's case, he isn't derailing since it's his movie, the feet are his idea of art, which is very relative.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

That's a beautiful sentiment slightly ruined by the fact that we're talking about Quentin's Dirty Toe Obsession (tm pending).

Are you accusing ME of derailing discussion with weird fetishes and fandoms? Because I'll have you know sir that that's very true

I like to read articles on wikipedia where a south Asian country is mentioned, the writing shifts tone.
    There is something so colorful about the writing, using lots of words like "splendid" and novel vocabulary.

The ones about China can seem like those awkward translations of Confucious or Laozi into English.

Then I get to articles about eastern Europe or Caucasions (the region) and the wording is like:
    "Building here was built XXXX, and in summer gets visitors"

Gee, where are the respective editors from?

Edit:Edit make shorter
    Last edited by Bo1Bo1Sha3; August 02, 2019 at 05:03 AM.

We CANNOT be deterred. Undercover meme evidence has established without any contrary evidence that the US government is illegaly detaining bone fide space aliens. It is up to us to rectify this evil. I personally hope to be in the first wave bayonet charge against the US AIR FORCE mine fields. I can dodge them and leas the second wave to victory given my Sonic the Hedgehog skills.