Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

wise words from the dude no doubt, I for one add that I am a vegetarian for a couple of years and I am no "less energetic" than before (and I am stronger thanks to some physical exercise, but this might be unrelated).

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Whatever you'll decide, I suggest you to talk with a professional nutritionist in any case; "being on diet", no matter the kind, is something people tends to underestimate and that can be very harmful. A varied diet is always good, a restricted one is always risky, if you do not plan it carefully and do not tailor it according to your own specific needs.

I'll be careful and stop as soon as I see negative side effects. Can't really afford a nutritionist or doctor at the moment, given that my health insurance won't kick in until March (the side effects of being an international itinerant). Actually, the only reason I'm willing to try this diet is because in the past I always felt good when having lots of beef in my diet (it eliminated some minor body reactions that resulted from being extremely stressed while going through divorce). Plus, I always crave beef, for whatever reason.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I see, well be careful then
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

What I read about it doesn't make it seems promising, but like you said it's possible there'll be a different outcome for a bird.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

I had read that article too before I started the diet. But I think that guy just has a genetic issue with meat. My little brother has that issue too. Whenever he eats too much meat, he develops serious gastrointestinal problems.

Blog Entries

And what do you think about the nutritionist's comments? (the same comments that any other nutritionist would make, I think).

Well, she is following the science. I'm the crazy person.

Blog Entries

If you want to do crazy things, I think there are less harmful alternatives (reiki, aromatherapy, mountaineering...)

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Well, pork isn't really that great a meat. I can only really eat pork raw or grilled. Boiled pork is disgusting to me.
    RAW pork?! how can you eat that?? raw beef is disgusting enough

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    If you want to do crazy things, I think there are less harmful alternatives (reiki, aromatherapy, mountaineering...)
    May I suggest flying?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Icon7 Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Hey do we have any meet up events for modders, ex-modders or war historians in europe? I might be able to move soon

Sleep schedule is for the weak. I'm currently juggling work and uni (a "mixed" programme when I attend only once a week but classes last entire day, 9 AM to 7 PM), and due to some downtime at work, I ended up with 5-day week. I have no idea why such things come naturally to me, or what kind of long term effect will it have on my health. But damn, it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Went hiking the other day. Almost got killed by a rabid squirrel. I just made that up.

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    RAW pork?! how can you eat that?? raw beef is disgusting enough
    I'm German. It's part of our cuisine. Try it in Germany one day. Don't do it in places like the US or you'll get salmonella.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Rabid squirrels are not laughing matter.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Kill you? this cutie?!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Kill you? this cutie?!

He looks like a nice animal! I wonder if he has a name?

Also, talking about flying, I always wanted to jump off this dam here (safely, of course ):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Have you ever seen a German squirrel?

In the medieval ages, it was common belief that squirrels were sent by the devil. I'm not making this up. In Germany we still have an old saying: "The Devil is a Squirrel."

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

They’re demons people

Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Have you ever seen a German squirrel?

In the medieval ages, it was common belief that squirrels were sent by the devil. I'm not making this up. In Germany we still have an old saying: "The Devil is a Squirrel."
    Only a real devil would think those cute little angels as devils

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Diamat I seriously suggest not following the posts on r/zerocarb for your dietary needs. Oh I finally got a decent gaming PC when I went off to college a couple months back, and finally moved over to PC Overwatch. Any of you here have Blizz accounts?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

How much did you pay for your rig? I used to have one I built myself for $1000, but I donated it two years ago, along with most of my other possessions, since I'm constantly traveling, moving, and living abroad. All my stuff fits into two suitcases now. A liberating experience. But I wanna get myself a good gaming laptop soon, though I hate laptops. It's especially annoying when you go to the airport with a laptop. The TSA always make you take the laptop out of your bag. As a result, sometimes it gets scratches. Also, if you travel a lot, I'm not sure if the constant exposure to radiation does any harm to your laptop - maybe it's just my imagination. The worst part is if you have to put your laptop in the overhead bins next to huge and bulky luggage. The screen gets pressured and then you get those stupid spots on your screen. So I'm thinking I should have two laptops - one for work/travel and one for gaming. But I'm trying to minimize my possessions, which is why I only want one laptop.