Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

I'm up $1000+ on a $100 meme investment in doge months ago should I sell?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Such money, much wow... Very meme...

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Indefinitely Banned

I sold all the doge I could up to the cash out limits last week. Doge is not real.

I am not a financial advisor
    Last edited by enoch; April 19, 2021 at 05:51 PM.

Despite its meme status (and maybe because of it) Doge is actually very interesting to me because while it has an absurd number of total coins being mined yearly, creating inflationary supply, it also does so at a flat rate meaning the rate of inflation will be continuously decreasing forever and predictably. This actually means that while BTC will incentivize hoarding when the ability to mine it is gone, ballooning price, it will have no practical value as a currency or means of making transactions. Doge's meme status actually incentivizes morons to buy into it in small amounts for and giggles thinking it will be the next bitcoin, despite incredibly different circumstances affecting its valuation that mean it will never have a meteoric rise like BTC did. However, this massive amount of retail investors buying in for no reason in huge quantities can partially offset the inflationary supply and allow it to build value just because so many people are willing to buy the currently useless asset, and recent events have show DD/fundamentals means less for building value than simple investor trust. Additionally, it can actually be used as a more predictable currency because while supply will always be growing it will do so at a steadier and more predictable asset than most government backed fiat currencies that are often subject to weird economy-influenced peaks and valleys due to monetary policy.

Basically, its a super stable currency that like all fiat currencies derives its wealth from people's willingness to buy in (something it has in greater numbers than most cryptos with inflationary supply simply due to its meme status and public perception) but sees supply grow on a flat linear rate (creating a logarithmic inflationary curve that allows the currency to better maintain its value with time) rather than being subject to volatility that would be found when a government that backs a currency experiences economic hardship and uses monetary policies that devalue the currency in the long-term to temporarily reduce hardship.

Indefinitely Banned

The smartest trader I know who won’t even touch crypto gave me essentially the same analysis. Well thought or learned.

At a certain point in its lifespan, Doge will retain value during economic hardships, where governments are pumping cash into the economy for stimulus, better than actual government backed currency because its inflation rate isn't tied to the economy's performance or whatever inflationary policies the central banks are pursuing. In the next 15 years Doge's inflation rate will be half its current value (5%->2%) whereas there's really no idea what any fiat currency's inflation rate will be due to economic factors, but having just done a search the US dollar is projected to be in the mid 2s the next several years and has been roughly 2.5% the last 30. So once Doge hits that point it will essentially be a guaranteed better holder of value than the US dollar, while during time of hardship has even hit 3+% inflation like during the early Obama years that were full of stimulus bills. The key is that Doge's inflation rate will just continually drop while the constant supply of new coins make its viable for transaction purposes and keep it liquid, whereas BTC can literally collapse on itself if it becomes so valuable and immovable from people hoarding them expecting continuous rise in value that they lose practical value and buyers. It's a total ing meme but Dogecoin may very well be the most practical currently well-known crypto long-term, especially if buyer interest continues to surpass its currently high inflation rate in the short term as people buy in on it as a legitimate crypto.

Patrician

That is basically what happens when you have a currency that isn't tied to anything. Hypothetically an actual currency could do the same thing, and remain stable. I mean that is part of the reason why we don't have a gold standard yet we still use currency.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Return to Monke return to Gold Standard McKinley FTW

Patrician

No standards whatsoever. We should just print endless money and deport anyone who makes an alternate currency to Siberia. Then have really strict price controls.

Shang chi trailer is out, can't wait to see the reactions from asian countries complaining the actor and actresses are all ugly!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    "牛鬼蛇神的文字" by Fu Sinian on Chinese characters.
    ("A Cow Demon and Snake God's Writing System")

"汉字不灭,中国必亡" Lu Xun also on Chinese characters.
    ("If Chinese Characters don't die, China will perish")

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I'm up $1000+ on a $100 meme investment in doge months ago should I sell?

I invested in AMC when it was at 5 USD. Then I sold at 10. Nice. I'm doubtful AMC will go much beyond 10-20.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Hi I'm an expert financial advisor. My clients have invested in successstories such as Boeing, Wework, Intel and Nikola. Now Tesla is where it's at. If you want to go into the restaurant business then I also have this exciting opportunity for you.

Also I advise you to always hold. Only noobs sell. If you sell too early you'll have to live with the guilt of not having reached the highest peak, so it's best to just keep holding it until it all comes crashing down.

While you're at it, go get that diamond tattoo to show people you were one of the cool kids during the gamestonk rally which totally won't be forgotten a few months down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    At a certain point in its lifespan, Doge will retain value during economic hardships, where governments are pumping cash into the economy for stimulus, better than actual government backed currency because its inflation rate isn't tied to the economy's performance or whatever inflationary policies the central banks are pursuing. In the next 15 years Doge's inflation rate will be half its current value (5%->2%) whereas there's really no idea what any fiat currency's inflation rate will be due to economic factors, but having just done a search the US dollar is projected to be in the mid 2s the next several years and has been roughly 2.5% the last 30. So once Doge hits that point it will essentially be a guaranteed better holder of value than the US dollar, while during time of hardship has even hit 3+% inflation like during the early Obama years that were full of stimulus bills. The key is that Doge's inflation rate will just continually drop while the constant supply of new coins make its viable for transaction purposes and keep it liquid, whereas BTC can literally collapse on itself if it becomes so valuable and immovable from people hoarding them expecting continuous rise in value that they lose practical value and buyers. It's a total ing meme but Dogecoin may very well be the most practical currently well-known crypto long-term, especially if buyer interest continues to surpass its currently high inflation rate in the short term as people buy in on it as a legitimate crypto.
    Rip Geg
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

is Doge real thing now? who's investing in Doge?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Doge is the rival of my protégé. It will be inquisitrated and found wanting shortly.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

I want some does that count?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Follow your dreams - Doge
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

As we had talked lately about german food and bread...^^

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Interesting stuff, Morty! Nice to see some similarities in between cultures such as the coffee and cake and calling beer liquid bread. We call the sweet pastries offered with coffee with a generic term "coffee bread" (kahvileipä in Finnish, kaffebröd in Swedish), but it is not usually a proper cake here. Also, that tradition is in something of a decline.

For my grandparents' generation, it was quite crazy how much of that stuff was eaten and offered to guests. People actually kept more than they could consume around in their homes because it would be embarrassing not to have any if someone paid a visit. I still see very old people in supermarkets packing a lot of that stuff in their shopping carts. Not too long ago sales representatives were still heard complaining that meeting clients was tough because of all the coffee one had to drink and all the pastry they had to eat or politely decline every day. Now in business it is no longer standard to offer anything more than coffee and mineral water at least here in the southern cities, and the younger generations eat much less "coffee bread". Is there anything like that going on in Germany?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Cake and coffee is in decline among the younger people in Germany too. Visiting families or friends on Sunday for "Kaffee und Kuchen" is clearly an older generation thing. Personally i have Coffee and Cake only for birthday, if there is no bigger party. Although at weekend i buy sometimes some pieces of cake. ^^ Or a whole frozen one.

Edit:

My fav:

Cheesecake

Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; April 21, 2021 at 02:53 PM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day