Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

RIP Schopenhauer.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Indefinitely Banned

I am leaving the forum. PM me your discord and/or your e-mail and I will keep in touch with you. Reasons for leaving are my own reasons, no need or sense for posting them here.

Good luck to you all on this forum and in this thing called real life. My very casual time was fun here while it lasted.

Goodbye and have fun!!

It's probably why he is leaving.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This place needs a good Kirkegaarden Party
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Heh perhaps.

Edit. Been having a rough day, but yes Ishan, that is it.

Have a good one all.
    Last edited by Stone Cold Shogun Panther; April 16, 2019 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Rough day

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Perhaps a little break from the TWC craic is in order?
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; April 16, 2019 at 11:10 AM.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Some of us need a translation...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    something to do with a fictional Danish village??

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Perhaps a little break from the TWC craic is in order?

Perhaps Sir Graham, Perhaps!

By the way, I am now booked on the Queen Mary 2 May 31st to June 7th and going to a comic con on June 14 in Texas.

The ship is on the return leg of my trip. I already booked my flight to Dublin, Ireland, on my to Europe leg of it (via Aer Lingus, I'm going to try to bid up to business class).

You all may see me back in a few weeks, we will see how this Real Life affects me.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Some of us need a translation...
    Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    something to do with a fictional Danish village??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%B8ren_Kierkegaard

https://www.google.com/search?client...ergarten+party
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    Perhaps Sir Graham, Perhaps!

By the way, I am now booked on the Queen Mary 2 May 31st to June 7th and going to a comic con on June 14 in Texas.

The ship is on the return leg of my trip. I already booked my flight to Dublin, Ireland, on my to Europe leg of it (via Aer Lingus, I'm going to try to bid up to business class).

You all may see me back in a few weeks, we will see how this Real Life affects me.
    Welcome! Where will you be staying aside from the potato country?

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold Shogun Panther View Post
    Strangely enough, I will also be in Texas (Dallas area) on June 14 to visit family.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

After the Notre Dame cathedral burned down, in an unexpected turn of events ubisoft has made Assassin’s Creed Unity free for a limited time. Notre Dame is one of the first missions, and Notre Dame is indeed spectacular so I reccomend it.

http://assassinscreed.com/unity-notredame/
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I usually don't talk much about my private life here, but damn, I feel like venting a bit.

Today I gave a talk at a South Korean government entity about my research. Afterward we went to some fancy restaurant, had expensive food, but there was hardly any conversation going on! And this was not the first time this has happened to me in Korea. Koreans can be so awkward. They just eat, look at their phones, and don't try to make conversation. I especially wanna ask people like Inkie and Pike, who have lived in East Asia, if they have similar problems during important meetings. I'm really starting to despise high-level meetings. It's especially difficult because I'm usually one of the youngest, and thus I'm not expected to initiate conversations too much. I try, but I can tell when no one is really interested in talking. So I'm pretty happy whenever there happens to be another Westerner in the group, because then I can talk about interesting topics, etc, without any formalities.

Ok, I stop here.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Today I gave a talk at a South Korean government entity about my research. Afterward we went to some fancy restaurant, had expensive food, but there was hardly any conversation going on! And this was not the first time this has happened to me in Korea. Koreans can be so awkward. They just eat, look at their phones, and don't try to make conversation.
    You're being weird! But yes that'd be uncommon in Chinese territory.

I heard people in Finland generally don't do small talk, but now that I'm here people do it a lot and I feel very awkward to be the only one silently enjoying the awesome meal at lunch.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Been thinking about all you guys lately, hope you've all been doing well. Seems not too many people I remember are around these days anymore. No posts here in 4 days, I remember when we'd go through multiple chat threads a month. Miss you guys.

Edit: Here is my Steam in case anyone wants to catch up or play some games some time like the old days.

Welcome back. Inkie and Lyra pop up every now and then. Ferdiad/Bunny is also AWOL. You guys all grew up and RL got the best of you. Then again TWC is also not the same as it used to be. New WH fanbase and steady decline.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Welcome back. Inkie and Lyra pop up every now and then. Ferdiad/Bunny is also AWOL. You guys all grew up and RL got the best of you. Then again TWC is also not the same as it used to be. New WH fanbase and steady decline.
    Hey Ishan, glad to see you're still around! I'm turning 22 here in a couple months and It's kind of crazy to think that I was only 12 when I first signed up here all the way back in 2009. Maybe I'm hitting a quarter life crisis, maybe I've just been drinking tonight but I've just been thinking about all the people I met on these and other forums lately and how much we take them for granted in the moment. I'm glad that at least some of the people I remember from the old days are still kicking around here.

Personally I don't think I've ever commented in an actual Total War thread on these forums the entire time I've been here haha, It's always been about the people and community to for me. I'll never forgot all the friends I made here.