Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD - Previews and Announcements

Default Re: DaC - Previews and Announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Leri_weill View Post
    I don't think it's necessary. If Harad takes it, Umbar will go north.A nd if Umbar take Ramlond, they'll still go North
    Or they could go further east and take An Karagmir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Care to elaborate on what looks so weird/unfinished about them? Because they are pretty much 100% done.

This is mostly because Hummingbird wanted to go with a silver colour scheme for Lindon. And Imladris is basically the vanilla High Elves faction.
    Tho some of the top-tier units of Imladris have a slightly different/more detailed or fancy looking silver armour based on the ones from The Hobbit.
    Figured it out, no texture AA and no regular AA turned on in the screen shot

Quick Update:

Because Arkay created brand new battlemaps for Annuminas and Fornost Erain, I was then able to create the campaign map models for each settlement. You will be able to see the new models in Arachir's new DaC V2.0 Bree campaign (note: the positioning of Annuminas in Arachir's build has been fixed and it will look like what you see in the screenshots). Since these models were created on a short notice I'll probably revisit them in the future and make improvements/changes but for now they will suffice for Arachir's Bree campaign.

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/cwuKR

GRAND ARCHITECT OF THE DWARVEN EMPIRE

Not goona lie, I never quite liked the Conquistador helmets on some of the units. Never felt it with the Middle-earth aesthetic, be it film or books.

Great mod regardless

But this mod dont have any of those.....

Quote Originally Posted by Impaller View Post
    But this mod dont have any of those.....
    The Laketown pikemen do. Unless they changed it recently. I think I recall some of the Free People's units (Bree, I think) have them too

Laketown pikes have those big hats from the Hobbit movies and bree have kettle helms not morion's.

Laketown pikes have those big hats from the Hobbit movies and bree have kettle helms not morion's.
    That's cool. It's been a while since I played the mod, and those two factions are among my least played, so I guess I didn't notice. Oh well. I have a few other visual suggestions, but I believe there's a suggestions post here so Imma do it there.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hey Everyone,

Here's the 5th mini-batch of campaign strat map previews:

Album Link:
    LINK

Quick Highlights:

Helm's Deep V3:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rammas Echor V2:

Barrows Resource:

P.S. - There will be more to come soon

Amazing work! Keep it up.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

i cant wait for this release

Awesome work!

Really good work. Helms deep looks amazing, would it be possible to extend the side a bit and add the entrance to the glittering caves?

What have you planned to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Imrahil View Post
    Really good work. Helms deep looks amazing, would it be possible to extend the side a bit and add the entrance to the glittering caves?

What have you planned to do next?
    There is already a gate located in the same place as the movie version of Helm's Deep showed it. That said, I think the way it is now if fine since you can easily see it without having the move the camera slightly to the right of the settlement in order to view it from an angle as you would have to do if I were to place the entrance to the glittering caves behind the deeping wall.

As far as what is next, that's a secret because it's going to be major and I haven't told even my fellow team members

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks for this eye candy! Will be longing for more!

Awesome, loving it. Great to have the Barrow-Downs visually present, never understood why the films didn't bother with them.

Because that would require for them to have Tom Bombadil, which is for some reason considered distasteful.

I don't think I have ever seen a single adaption with Tom Bombadil, even the radio dramas by the BBC.

@TheEliteDwarf
    I can't wait for your next project!
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Because that would require for them to have Tom Bombadil, which is for some reason considered distasteful.
    Not really distasteful. They excluded Tom Bombadil because in the grand scheme of things, he doesn't really add much to the overall plot

i thought 1.2 was epic, v2 is going to be over the top epic. can't wiat until it's out!