Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

♔atthias♔'s Avatar Modding Staff
    Citizen

Default Re: DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Thandrall View Post
    Pretty sure this is a bug, or at least a oversight.

Rhuader Axemen have javelins, yet in their blurb, it doesn't say how many, nor how far they can throw them, and they seem to have quite a lot of them, was in a fight against two of them, and each group must of done about 4 to 5 full volleys each (suffice to say, my rangers were had quite a lot of holes by the end of that fight).
    I do hope this is a oversight, otherwise those guys are way too OP, 72 troops at small units, with a lot of javelins, which are AP weapons are they not? I know what I'm going to be buy heaps of at least and sticking behind my wardens and pikemen haha.
    unless
    stated that way under the abilities at a glance section on a uint card they are not AP AFAIK
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

In 1.2 the Evil Men's leather worker UI image when you right click it is that of the amourer instead of the correct image for the leather worker. Hence, it appears to downgrade when you upgrade it.
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. ╔owyn I am, ╔omund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Either way, Javelins are quite powerful, and since I couldn't get to them at the time, they ripped me forces apart with such a large amount of ammo. Most javelin throwers have 2 ammo each, these guys had to have at least 4, if not 5, and thats only up to when I retreated, I have no idea if they could have continues throwing them at my forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Antron View Post
    Hiya, i have a problem. The entire ring event stops after i get the ring and bring it to rivendell. I get the "Elrond's Council" clip, but afterwards nothing happens. I have tried to move the general into Mordor anyway, but the ring does not get destroyed. What should i do?
    Anyone?:/

Hello, i have got the campaign working but some of the main cities that are supposed to look different just have an image of either something completely different or a large castle. please help.

Elronds bodyguards unit turns into small blobs on the ground when you zoom away from them. Same thing happens with Elronds sons bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksond33 View Post
    Hello, i have got the campaign working but some of the main cities that are supposed to look different just have an image of either something completely different or a large castle. please help.
    Do you only see the wrong thing if they are in the fog of war or always?

Can any of you lads/ladies help a computer illiterate person?

I followed arachirs very straightforwards and helpful youtube guides on how to install this mod and found that playing as imladris would crash on the Ai turn randomly, I looked up here and thought I had an issue with the install so I did another fresh install and made sure to follow any and all instructions to the letter yet I'm still in a annoying spot, it crashes at random on an Ai turn every few turns. I have read the forums and tried everything I can think of to solve this issue. Turned off daylight savings, uac is off during the install etc etc.

I simply get the error message that medieval has encountered an error and must close. Sometimes when I rarely come out of a battle I can get an error that my graphics settings are too high and whilst I turned them down repeatedly to try appease the game it is worth noting that I can crash coming out of a battle, go straight back in and fight that battle again and complete it with no errors, I can crash during an Ai turn and simply reboot the game and the turn will be fine.
    I read at the top of this post that my system could be out of date for such a heavy mod and I understand that but I have to ask is my computer really that old?

I'm running windows 10
    I have 8gb of ram and a 4gb vram. 3.5 m/hz cpu.

I understand that a 32 bit can only use 2gb of ram, yet when I keep open task manager on a secondary monitor it never goes above about 1.2gb of ram usage. Unless it's lying to me?

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Sorry If I'm a bother or I've missed some key info somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalunamuerta View Post

I followed arachirs very straightforwards and helpful youtube guides on how to install this mod and found that playing as imladris would crash on the Ai turn randomly, I looked up here and thought I had an issue with the install so I did another fresh install and made sure to follow any and all instructions to the letter yet I'm still in a annoying spot, it crashes at random on an Ai turn every few turns. I have read the forums and tried everything I can think of to solve this issue. Turned off daylight savings, uac is off during the install etc etc.

I simply get the error message that medieval has encountered an error and must close. Sometimes when I rarely come out of a battle I can get an error that my graphics settings are too high and whilst I turned them down repeatedly to try appease the game it is worth noting that I can crash coming out of a battle, go straight back in and fight that battle again and complete it with no errors, I can crash during an Ai turn and simply reboot the game and the turn will be fine.
    I read at the top of this post that my system could be out of date for such a heavy mod and I understand that but I have to ask is my computer really that old?

I'm running windows 10

I understand that a 32 bit can only use 2gb of ram, yet when I keep open task manager on a secondary monitor it never goes above about 1.2gb of ram usage. Unless it's lying to me?

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Sorry If I'm a bother or I've missed some key info somewhere.
    Those crashes happen from time to time unfortunately. Just quicksafe before you endturn (ctrl + S) and before you start a battle. When it breaks at the endturn just reload, If you have beaten an army and it crashes, either try to fight again or use the cheat to win with autoresolve for sure.

Playing as Gondor, getting a crash when I end turn on turn 49

My only theory as to what it is is that i'm in the middle of an invasion, There are stacks of Mordor, Harad, Khand and Dol Guldur units sieging Minas Tirith that are due to attack it within the next couple of turns. The crash always occurs on the Dwarves of Erebor's turn however...

Quote Originally Posted by Valitov View Post
    Playing as Gondor, getting a crash when I end turn on turn 49

My only theory as to what it is is that i'm in the middle of an invasion, There are stacks of Mordor, Harad, Khand and Dol Guldur units sieging Minas Tirith that are due to attack it within the next couple of turns. The crash always occurs on the Dwarves of Erebor's turn however...
    So either Erebor are besieging somewhere or (more likely) the nation that immediately follows Erebor is besieging somewhere. Toggle FOW, find out if it is Erebor or the nation after them (you can see who is next by ending turn and lookign at the cycle and seeing who follow Erebor). Once done this, move the offending army or move your own army there and auto_win.

I'm running windows 10

Are you playing on a laptop? If so then it is very likely that your computer is using the integrated Intel HD graphics card for the game instead of the dedicated NVidia/AMD graphics card, causing the random crashes during end turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Antron View Post
    Anyone?:/
    First time I hear of such a bug. When your general reaches Rivendell and you end turn the White Council event/video begins. Your ring bearer then needs to stay in Rivendell for 1-2 turns and you'll get the choice whether you want to accept the quest to destroy the ring or not. One thing that could have caused this is exiting/reloading the game between the video and receiving the mission the turn after.
    The only advice I can give you is to return to a previous save game, if simply staying in Rivendell for 1-2 turns doesn't help.

Also check if the ring bearer still has the ring, if he has Gollum as an ancillary there is a chance that he will steal the ring. While there is a message that will alert you if that happens you could have accidentally missed it.
    Last edited by racer999; May 02, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

i toggle fow and i can see that it is the wrong thing

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksond33 View Post
    i toggle fow and i can see that it is the wrong thing
    In that case you have an installation error.

Quote Originally Posted by racer999 View Post
    Are you playing on a laptop? If so then it is very likely that your computer is using the integrated Intel HD graphics card for the game instead of the dedicated NVidia/AMD graphics card, causing the random crashes during end turns.
    I'm not on a laptop, but how would I go about ensuring that the game is using my AMD card?

ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!

I'm not on a laptop, but how would I go about ensuring that the game is using my AMD card?
    If you have a desktop PC with a dedicated AMD card, then you are surely using it, and the game is using it as well. To be sure which card is being used, run dxdiag. More info here: https://www.techjunkie.com/check-gra...rd-windows-10/
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hey, got a problem with the game. I have steam version, Iinstalled it with arachir guide and when i launch it it shows there is no disc inserted. What to do?

Hey guy's I have followed all instalation guides. third age worked but with DaC not, I installed how the guids for DaC told me so but I have no EXe or any other thing from DaC but the mod won't work for me.

So either Erebor are besieging somewhere or (more likely) the nation that immediately follows Erebor is besieging somewhere. Toggle FOW, find out if it is Erebor or the nation after them (you can see who is next by ending turn and lookign at the cycle and seeing who follow Erebor). Once done this, move the offending army or move your own army there and auto_win.
    Fixed it, Old Dain Ironfoot was trying to take his halls back from the Goblins all by himself, and crashing the game in the process...

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler123 View Post
    Hey guy's I have followed all instalation guides. third age worked but with DaC not, I installed how the guids for DaC told me so but I have no EXe or any other thing from DaC but the mod won't work for me.
    The launcher is called third age.bat and should be in the folder third age. As DaC is a submod it overwrites parts of the third age files, so the launcher you used for third age is the one you will still use now. If that is not the problem, most likely you had a small error in installation.