Page 1 of 104 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

Default DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
    Most Popular Sub-Mod Winner!

Latest Download - V3

DaC on Discord

Introduction
    Welcome to the Bug and FAQ thread. If you come across a bug that is not listed below then let us know and we will add it. The FAQ is also housed here and should answer some of the most common questions. Finally if your game is crashing then this is where you are to post about it. However please read through the information below FIRST!

Known Bugs:
    With the latest re-upload of V3 (9th March 2019) there are currently no known bugs.

F.A.Q. (Extra Information)
    :

• You cannot reforge Arnor in Divide and Conquer. The Northern Dnedain faction have most of the Arnorian units plus a unique global recruitment system involving all human factions.
    • To play normal settlements in custom battle, follow these instructions
    • You must use Notepadd++ to edit ANY DaC files
    • You cannot use custom settlements in custom battle.
    • Good nations can declare war on other good nations and bad nations can declare war on bad nations.

Regards
    DaC Council
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 09, 2019 at 07:08 AM.

Default Re: DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

The mod installers do not function. I tried to start them with administrator, I installed with chrome, I made sure I had permissions right, and I have Windows 10. All that occurs is this: My cursor shows the loading circle. But only when I start with administrator. Nothing runs however and nothing shows up.

I may need a pre-installed version if I am going to be able to get the mod and play it.

You have to just wait. Windows scans the files before it opens them. This can take anywhere up to 3 minutes depending on your PC's age.

In the past it didn't open. I tried just now, but no result.

Tiro

@ Slend
    As Arachir mentioned it can take a while before the installation runs depending on the size of the file it can take about 5 minutes.
    Does windows give you any kind of message at all? Did you disable the UAC?

I'd like to report a bug. I somehow managed to bribe an orchish general playing as Khazad-Dm. This might not work as intended. Btw he was sitting in a fort whilst i bribed him.

ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Slend View Post
    The mod installers do not function. I tried to start them with administrator, I installed with chrome, I made sure I had permissions right, and I have Windows 10. All that occurs is this: My cursor shows the loading circle. But only when I start with administrator. Nothing runs however and nothing shows up.

I may need a pre-installed version if I am going to be able to get the mod and play it.
    Hmm.. Windows 10. ing Microsoft. Right mouse click on the Installer file, go to Properties - General, and at the bottom Unblock Security warning. Apply and OK.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coenvanderlinde View Post
    I'd like to report a bug. I somehow managed to bribe an orchish general playing as Khazad-Dm. This might not work as intended. Btw he was sitting in a fort whilst i bribed him.
    Not a bug. Part of the base game. AG has been working on making bribery more difficult and possibly eliminating it entirely for 2.0.

Hi. I found DaC a few months ago and am absolutely loving it! Thanks for all the great work (and Galu's YouTube videos are great too!)
    I came across a problem the other day. Playing as ND and I'm trying to destroy the ring. Went through all the steps and have my man at Mt. Doom, but after the Gollum falling into the lava video, the game crashes and I get the following message:
    Runtime error
    R6025
    -Pure virtual function call
    I found a message you posted in the original thread about deleting the first instance of the volcano event script, I've tried delaying a few turns, I even saw somewhere a suggestion to delete the map.rwm file but nothing seems to work.
    Any help would be appreciated cos I'm loving this campaign and would hate to have to stop it prematurely. I'm using Win10 and Steam if that makes a difference

ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    Hi. I found DaC a few months ago and am absolutely loving it! Thanks for all the great work (and Galu's YouTube videos are great too!)
    I came across a problem the other day. Playing as ND and I'm trying to destroy the ring. Went through all the steps and have my man at Mt. Doom, but after the Gollum falling into the lava video, the game crashes and I get the following message:
    Runtime error
    R6025
    -Pure virtual function call
    I found a message you posted in the original thread about deleting the first instance of the volcano event script, I've tried delaying a few turns, I even saw somewhere a suggestion to delete the map.rwm file but nothing seems to work.
    Any help would be appreciated cos I'm loving this campaign and would hate to have to stop it prematurely. I'm using Win10 and Steam if that makes a difference
    Upload your save game file, maybe someone can pass your problem, and reupload a new save game file so you can continue playing.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Upload your save game file, maybe someone can pass your problem, and reupload a new save game file so you can continue playing.
    Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing and want to be sure I understand. Do you mean attach the .sav file here so the modders can have a look, but then save the game under a new file name to continue playing myself? Or once the problem has been sorted to download the 'fixed' file from here and play off that?

Also, I see you're from Zadar. Passed through there a few years ago. Thought the sea organ was pretty cool! The Karlovacko gave me a bit of a headache though...

♔atthias♔'s Avatar Modding Staff
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Biffo View Post
    Sorry, I'm new to this whole thing and want to be sure I understand. Do you mean attach the .sav file here so the modders can have a look, but then save the game under a new file name to continue playing myself? Or once the problem has been sorted to download the 'fixed' file from here and play off that?

Also, I see you're from Zadar. Passed through there a few years ago. Thought the sea organ was pretty cool! The Karlovacko gave me a bit of a headache though...
    the first option he means
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Whilst this won't save your current campaign AND it is not a fix for the ring script, it will allow you to destroy Mordor so you can at least beat them:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15261158

Ok, I will try Racer's fix. Do you still want the save game file? Is it of any benefit to fixing the bug?

It is not as we knew what caused it and have already fixed it for V2.

Great! Looking forward to V.2. Keep up the good work!

Spelling mistake with the "Cease Hostilities" Pope mission. Apologies for the menial issue.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm running into this installation issue where I can't seem to install the 1.2 patch. It keeps saying "Error 5 Access Denied" and that I don't have permission whenever it tries to do something with a custom settlement despite being the admin and running the installer as the admin. I also keep having problems getting the mod to run period after I install the 1.0 version. I'll launch it with the universal launcher and it won't even open a window to show that the game at least started. I did manage to get it to work one time, but the entire mod crashed at Amon Sul and I have a feeling it probably won't play so nice with other custom settlements. I've disable my UAC, ran everything as the admin, and deleted my virtual store so I don't think it's me not following instructions and my computer has run Third Age vanilla before so I don't think it's it having a fit with mods.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainbowPlague View Post
    Apologies for the menial issue.
    Did someone say menial issue?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Guardians of Carn-Dum, Witch-Realm units, Telari Riders and one other I believe say moral instead of morale.

Hey there,I have a question. I'm playing as the dwarves of Khazad Dm right now. Currently, I'm at turn 54. Here is my problem: my game crashes as soon as my new turn begins. I suspect that this is due to the balrog/barracks events, which are due somewhere around this turn. Are there any known fixes for this problem? On Youtube Galudirithon referred me to this section of the forums. I assume he meant for me to pose my question here. Thanks in advance!

Some info:
    - Using Windows 10
    - Followed Galudirithon's installation guide to the letter
    - Disabled UAC and the summer time thing
    - Have not deleted any files so far