Thread: What are important resources to trade?

Default What are important resources to trade?

What are important resources for trade? I'm thinking of demolishing some resource buildings (eg. timber in northern italy and dyes in North Africa) because they don't seem particularly impressive.

What are the best resources and the ones I should keep for trade income? Are there bad resources I can ignore?

On a similar note what are some good cities and buildings for trade? I am in my WRE hard campaign and I had to abandon 3/4 of Spain in the beginning...now I'm regretting it since I read Spain is supposed to be rich with trade and resources. Should I raze my military ports and replace them with trade ports for money?
    Last edited by Intranetusa; April 13, 2017 at 11:26 PM.

Default Re: What are important resources to trade?

I guess, it will be way to late, but here we go. Trade isn't that rewarding in Attlia. Anyway, I still like it. For diplomatic reasons and a bit of money is in it as well.
    "Powerplay": Nothing is worth a townslot, except for gems.
    "Normal play": Everything except for timber. The ai need some resources for certain buildings, maybe a reason to keep even timber. Nice are those with other extras, like food, public order or commerce money.
    You can check the actual worth for you of the resource in the finances. It shows you how much % you export and how much you make with the ressource. Btw trade =/= commerce.
    In general it is very rewarding to stack commerce money with governor/agents traits and buildings in a province. You dont really need more than 1 or 2 military ports, if you have the food, go for trade ports.
    There a lot of guides around here and elsewhere, but you will get all info you need, when you read the descriptions of the buildings.
    If you're dealing with the devil, it's not the devil who changes, but rather the devil change you - for sanity is like a spider, sitting in a net woven from the finest of strings, unaware of the hand coming closer, being grabbed and stuffed into a mouth.
    Check this: Turumba's Twitch and Youtube channel!

I hope in future tittles the resources are more valuable and an actual requirement to unlock certain technologies/units and build certain buildings, there is some of that in Attila, but completly absent in AoC and Warhammer i believe. It would add a lot of depth and give an extra incentive to start wars, rather than just to simply controll the whole map...

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Quote Originally Posted by dako93 View Post
    I hope in future tittles the resources are more valuable and an actual requirement to unlock certain technologies/units and build certain buildings, there is some of that in Attila, but completly absent in AoC and Warhammer i believe. It would add a lot of depth and give an extra incentive to start wars, rather than just to simply controll the whole map...
    To be fair, the Slavic factions do sort of play that way - their victory conditions being linked to gathering certain resources and the construction of certain buildings. It is my hope that CA will start planning their future campaigns in this direction because you're right - simply controlling the whole map became boring a decade ago and is part of the reason why I have never finished a campaign in Rome 2's GC.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Timber is must for the barbarians. It allows higher sanitation building In small towns, while salt is needed for "huge town" sanitation. Romans needed lead for something. There are others, but can't remember. Something about alamans & gems.
    In Last Roman, if you control all regions with certain resource, you can build top tier resource building. Did not really bother with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Turumba View Post
    I guess, it will be way to late, but here we go. Trade isn't that rewarding in Attlia. Anyway, I still like it. For diplomatic reasons and a bit of money is in it as well."Powerplay": Nothing is worth a townslot, except for gems."Normal play": Everything except for timber. The ai need some resources for certain buildings, maybe a reason to keep even timber. Nice are those with other extras, like food, public order or commerce money.You can check the actual worth for you of the resource in the finances. It shows you how much % you export and how much you make with the ressource. Btw trade =/= commerce.
    In general it is very rewarding to stack commerce money with governor/agents traits and buildings in a province. You dont really need more than 1 or 2 military ports, if you have the food, go for trade ports.There a lot of guides around here and elsewhere, but you will get all info you need, when you read the descriptions of the buildings.
    I check my resources/trade/commerce tab quite often and I still have no idea how it works. All my resources combined add up to maybe 3000-4000 in exports. The other figure (I guess it's trade?) shows 6000-7000. I guess that is the trade figure from my trade ports?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee