Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031

Thread: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Default Re: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    someone has really went the extra mile, TWC is the only place so big that I know off that is fully based on free contributors.. heck we managed to keep it running despite the owner and the whole tech people being MIA for months and years, what else to say?
    This is possibly one of the strangest backhanded compliment of someone giving themselves that I ever read.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Lol I was referring to the whole membership, not just to the Hex/Staff I should have probably been more specific

and in any case someone in the Hex/Staff really went the extra mile, Gig has been recently awarded with the Divus and I doubt that TWC would have fared so well the last few years, if not for him
    Last edited by Flinn; June 11, 2019 at 04:29 AM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I recently "returned" to this forum after being inactive for years (although I never was really active to begin with ). One thing I've noticed is the lack of activity in most of the sub-forums for the older titles. Again, no surprise here.

One thing I have noticed is the slowness of the site. Everything takes way longer to load now compared to 6 years ago. I don't really know why that is, but it sure doesn't help to attract more people.

Death is imminent. The only question is how much stupidity you want to attribute to the moronic policies of multiculturalism. I'm very to laugh at the death of TWC over multiculturalist idiocy to gain any sort of victory. Leftist morons are a dime a dozen these days.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; June 14, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jansenfinn View Post
    I recently "returned" to this forum after being inactive for years (although I never was really active to begin with ). One thing I've noticed is the lack of activity in most of the sub-forums for the older titles. Again, no surprise here.

One thing I have noticed is the slowness of the site. Everything takes way longer to load now compared to 6 years ago. I don't really know why that is, but it sure doesn't help to attract more people.
    Welcome back!
    It's a known issue. GED (site's owner) and the Tech staff recentry tried to improve that.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Death is imminent. The only question is how much stupidity you want to attribute to the moronic policies of multiculturalism. I'm very to laugh at the death of TWC over multiculturalist idiocy to gain any sort of victory. Leftist morons are a dime a dozen these days.
    Their numbers are countered by a large number of far-right morons, or better far-rights that post far-right moronic posts. I am not talking about far-rights that put up unpopular to downright controversial opinions that have some ties to reality. I am talking about far-rights that while not idiots, they are posting idiocy, unscientific crap, pure paper-thin propaganda and weird theories and I don't mean you. There are people in the site that post productively in some forums and then go nuts in other forums.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Blog Entries

Or they go nuts in all fora like I do

please do not turn this thread in a "us vs them" flame, it's already quite bad as it is now.. thanks
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    It's this kind of outright, factionalist delusion that has me thinking that TWC deserves to die and is taking too long already. Seriously, you make Poet look good.

Senator

Wasn`t the mudpit made, to make sure that this political "muddy" stuff stays there?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Wasn`t the mudpit made, to make sure that this political "muddy" stuff stays there?
    it is supposed so, yes; I posted a gentle request above, hopefully that will be enough

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    It's this kind of outright, factionalist delusion that has me thinking that TWC deserves to die and is taking too long already. Seriously, you make Poet look good.
    Comparing me to an actual Islamic terrorist who joined ISIS does nothing but accelerate the leftist apocalypse of this website. Laughably pathetic argument. But if that's the kind of person you're defending and propping up, alright I guess. On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love ISIS?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Their numbers are countered by a large number of far-right morons, or better far-rights that post far-right moronic posts. I am not talking about far-rights that put up unpopular to downright controversial opinions that have some ties to reality. I am talking about far-rights that while not idiots, they are posting idiocy, unscientific crap, pure paper-thin propaganda and weird theories and I don't mean you. There are people in the site that post productively in some forums and then go nuts in other forums.
    It is very, very easy to differentiate between non race supremacist actors (read normal conservatives) and moronic, far right identitarian white supremacists espousing theories of white supremacy.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 23, 2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Flame.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I've got 1 pro life hack to fixing TWC? We all just say that TWC was never alive to begin with, and thus if it wasn't alive it can't die.

Thats the kinda out of the box thinking that is required around here.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Death is what gives life meaning, if TWC does not die then TWC never lived.

Seems like the thread has run its course.