Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Default Re: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Jumped over to reddit. That place has a bad rap, its really superior in most ways.

Death of TWC is beacuse there is no new users. I'm just gonna assume Mad orc is an alt for no reason,
    mad orc came here for two main reasons
    1)He isnt allowed to use extreme public forums like reddit and steam for secret reasons
    2)Your other fancy forums dont have facilites to like and read good aar literature on Total war like our good old TWC forum.I love TWC.

To Pike-The sense of community is still there atleast for me.I love TWC.It lightend up dark days.
    It even helped me in depression,look in the personal problems subforum.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Pike, your contributions and good attitude were recognized by the curia. As a result you had access to positions of greater or lesser importance (magistrate, censor ...). You had the opportunity to reward other people with citizenship (and other prizes). Exactly, what else did you want? Exactly, what else do you think should be offered to citizens?
    It isn't about what I want; it is about what other's expect to receive. As said this before, I do not want TWC to reflect my vision but that of its members. The voices are clear. TWC no longer have the sense of community it once had, TWC doesn't value the opinions of the those who contribute to the site on a regular basis, TWC has not evolve to adapt to the changing environment. If anything, it (The Curia) has gone out of its way to make citizenship less of an honor and status. It must be something the membership values are it has little or no attraction.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    It isn't about what I want; it is about what other's expect to receive. As said this before, I do not want TWC to reflect my vision but that of its members. The voices are clear.
    Ecxuse me if I ignore those voices in your head.

TWC no longer have the sense of community it once had,
    What sense of community? When? You mean simply that before there were more active users?

TWC doesn't value the opinions of the those who contribute to the site on a regular basis
    You say "TWC" but you must be referring to the administration (Ged/Hexes). If I recall clearly one of them mentioned recently (in this discussion?) that every good idea is well received, and I dont know why the administration should take into account when evaluating an idea if the user who presents it is a veteran staff member or a total noob.

TWC has not evolve to adapt to the changing environment.
    No idea, no idea what they should have done, honestly

If anything, it (The Curia) has gone out of its way to make citizenship less of an honor and status. It must be something the membership values are it has little or no attraction.
    Receiving that prize is still an honor (please do not say that recent citizens are of less value than older citizens).
    What status do you speak of?
    Why you say citizenship isnt something valuable (for non citizens) anymore? The voices told you so?

For me atleast i crave for citizenship and i am not afraid to say it out loud.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by mad orc View Post
    you're not missing out on much

I need it.I have noticed that the amount of traffic you get on WS,is much affected by your status.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

^^ I don't think so.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thats because when you were just starting out,there was much more traffic on TWC than now.I dont say,all is influenced by status,but certainly there is much effect.People seem to think that stories started by citizens are much more reliable.I have proof of that.

Ecxuse me if I ignore those voices in your head.
    What sense of community? When? You mean simply that before there were more active users?
    You say "TWC" but you must be referring to the administration (Ged/Hexes). If I recall clearly one of them mentioned recently (in this discussion?) that every good idea is well received, and I dont know why the administration should take into account when evaluating an idea if the user who presents it is a veteran staff member or a total noob.
    No idea, no idea what they should have done, honestly
    Receiving that prize is still an honor (please do not say that recent citizens are of less value than older citizens).
    What status do you speak of?
    Why you say citizenship isnt something valuable (for non citizens) anymore? The voices told you so?
    is there a point to this? You obviously do not value my perspective.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Thats because when you were just starting out,there was much more traffic on TWC than now.I dont say,all is influenced by status,but certainly there is much effect.People seem to think that stories started by citizens are much more reliable.I have proof of that.
    That has nothing to do with the traffic back in 2010 and I think that you misunderstanding the facts. Citizens in the WS may have more "traffic", not due to their status but rather due to the time they have spent there and the quality of their writtings. Actually, how many of them did get the citizenry partly for their contribution there?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Why does mad orc feel the need to refer to themselves in the third person?

Blog Entries

is there a point to this? You obviously do not value my perspective.
    The point is that you have been presenting citizenship as something with a minimum value and even with more disadvantages than advantages and it would bother me if because of that some users will get the wrong idea of what citizenship and the curia are or should be.

The point is that you have been presenting citizenship as something with a minimum value and even with more disadvantages than advantages and it would bother me if because of that some users will get the wrong idea of what citizenship and the curia are or should be.
    If one person tell me something, then I am most likely to dismiss it. If a second were to repeat it, I might conclude that it were an isolated case, but when I hear more and more the same thing, I tend to believe that is the feeling of other. Ironically, I am currently waiting on yet another member who voiced similar feelings. Yes, I am still offering patronage. Despite the Curia's best efforts to reduce citizenship role on the site, I still advocate it is what we make it.

The fact is if citizens valued citizenship, then they will offer it to others. If citizenship was valued then citizens will see their position to promote change. As it is now, virtually no one value it.

This exchange sums it up;
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    you're not missing out on much

Blog Entries

As it is now, virtually no one value it (citizenship).
    There is no difference between what citizenship offers and is now and what it was and offered three years ago and during the CdeC period.

Any new citizen has the right to be petulant or feel that he has a special status. Your other concern, the "sense of community in the curia," is something I still do not understand. I am sure that "curialists" who have participated in this discussion (Frunk, Lifthrasir) feel part of a community in the curia, like me when I participated in that group.

There is no difference between what citizenship offers and is now and what it was and offered three years ago and during the CdeC period.
    I disagree.

Any new citizen has the right to be petulant or feel that he has a special status. Your other concern, the "sense of community in the curia," is something I still do not understand. I am sure that "curialists" who have participated in this discussion (Frunk, Lifthrasir) feel part of a community in the curia, like me when I participated in that group.
    I am referring to the site community; what many on here who have been on this site for some time says the site lacks today. Based on my study, I agree with them 100%. As I stated in another thread, if one person says something, it is easy to dismiss. If two people say something, I start to winder if it is true or just two bad experiences. However, if three or more say something, I tend to believe there is some truth to it.

Blog Entries

I disagree.
    It would be excellent to hear you say why.

I am referring to the site community; what many on here who have been on this site for some time says the site lacks today. Based on my study, I agree with them 100%. As I stated in another thread, if one person says something, it is easy to dismiss. If two people say something, I start to winder if it is true or just two bad experiences. However, if three or more say something, I tend to believe there is some truth to it.
    This again? Do you realize how ridiculous it is that you endorse your words with studies and surveys that only you have seen?

People leave for multiple reasons, among others that their friends have left before. New users stay for multiple reasons, including having found some "friends" or felt at ease among a group of people. The only thing that has been lost is the amount of population. This site (and the curia) was never a hippie commune* where you felt embraced by the community every time you logged in. If you want to belong to a select group where you breathe camaraderie and good humor, you can create a social group to your liking.

*Maybe in its first days, when the number of users was only a few tens or hundreds.

It would be excellent to hear you say why. / This again? Do you realize how ridiculous it is that you endorse your words with studies and surveys that only you have seen? / This site (and t
    the curia) was never a hippie commune* where you felt embraced by the community every time you logged in. If you want to belong to a select group where you breathe camaraderie and good humor, you can create a social group to your liking. /
    What is a your point here? (This is rhetorical) You are just being argumentative.

The last 2-3 pages of this thread are absolutely cringe worthy.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The last 2-3 pages of this thread are absolutely cringe worthy.
    we must debate about the curia in the casual section of the forum!

!!!

It's amazing how much the Curia has the ability to draw one into endless cycles of debate. About a pretty minor section of an internet forum. To think of the hours wasted...

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.