Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EB 1 vs EB 2 (battle AI, etc)? Should I switch to EB2?

Default Re: EB 1 vs EB 2 (battle AI, etc)? Should I switch to EB2?

Quote Originally Posted by NosPortatArma View Post
    I find that a real challenge can only be had with factions that only have good looking peasants. As seleucids on VH/VH, you can lay siege to ephesus, halicarnassus and acre on turn 1, taking them by assault next turn. By gathering up your starting units you can get 5 big stacks, just send them towards your enemies and steamroll them.. Sacking cities gives you enough money to keep the armies going by new recruitment and mercenaries.

battle-wise, just use hammer and anvl tactics. solid infantry line, smash from behind with cavalry. easy peasy, breaks anything eventually. I find that the BAI just charges their cavalry into my pikes, and then their whole army forms a blob. Very easy to surround and run down. I don't limit myself by playing "historically" or anything, but I'm not exactly using unusual or wierd tactics. It's really just the classical macedonian style, but the AI can't handle it.

This tactic works for any faction as long as they have decent infantry that can hold a line, and good charge cavalry. AI fails everytime. Only time AI will win is if they have better quality soldiers, their tactics doesn't matter.
    Sure. They failed with the BAI and battles overall that is why any cavalry are superior in the battles. IT is not cavalry stats that needs to be changed that gave nothing that they changed their values. That is why people are angry that soldiers that are infantry pretty much don't have any roles they just become fodder for cav to en mass rout via coallision. Bam you won the battle, 94 troops lost out of a large stack vs stack battle. nice. Harsh.. but true.
    Last edited by bordinis; April 23, 2017 at 03:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12