Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTW and M2TW soundtrack submod for EB II v. 2.2b, c, d, e, f, g, h, etc.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Icon6 RTW and M2TW soundtrack submod for EB II v. 2.2b, c, d, e, f, g, h, etc.

UPDATE: see my new thread here for the soundtrack designed for EBII v. 2.3!!!!
    UPDATE 2: see my even newer thread here for EBII v.2.35 using Audiomachine and Two Steps from Hell!
    UPDATE 3: I have released a new RTW & M2TW soundtrack submod for EBII v. 2.35a R3.5, which can be found here.

The following submod for Europa Barbarorum II contains music from Rome Total War, Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms, and some of the original tracks of EB II, intended as a tweak of an existing soundtrack submod that provides only RTW music. Some players, such as myself, tend to get bored with hearing the same tracks over and over, whether that be the campaign map or the battle map, so a mixture of music from these three games should keep you entertained. ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Just to be clear, this submod is save-game compatible with whatever current campaign you are playing for EB II v.2.2!

Here are the soundtracks for RTW and M2TW:

Track listing used in this submod:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

For the CAMPAIGN MAP:
    20_Autumn.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    16_Roman_Julii_Intro.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    35_Melancholy.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    14_Divinitus.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    34_Lonely_Strategos.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    25_Rome_Total_War.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    eb_main_theme_wip.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    eb_victory.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    celtica.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    celtic_pride.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    eb_roman_theme.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    eb_semitic_theme.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    eb_western_greek_theme2.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    juno_protect_you.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    mediterranean_waves.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_amatores.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_glory_of_the_parthenon.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_ode_to_ancient_rome.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_ode_to_athena.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_procession_of_the_olympians.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_rite_of_baal.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_sacred_flame_of_vesta.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_the_tablets_of_moses.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_tranquillitas.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    michael_levy_tristitia.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)
    nomad_tpc_nomad2_watchingtheherd.mp3 (from Europa Barbarorum II)

For the BATTLE MAP:

13_Death_Approaches.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    08_Caesar_s_Nightmare.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    01_Journey_to_Rome_Part_I.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    15_Drums_of_Doom.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    bonus_epic.mp3 (a cool bonus track that was never actually used in the official release of Rome Total War!!!)
    03_Warrior_March.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    17_Army_of_Drums.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    21_Mobilize.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    28_Soldiers_Chant.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    36_Roman_Brutii_Intro.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    37_Roman_Scipii_Intro.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    09_Enemy_is_Near.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    (mediterranean_mobilize_2)_death_lullaby.mp3 (from Medieval II Total War)
    (mediterranean_mobilize_1)_mare_nostrum.mp3 (from Medieval II Total War)
    10_Imperial_Conflict.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    04_Mayhem.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    18_Melee_Cafe.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    22_Romantic_Battle.mp3 (from Rome Total War)
    (arabic_battle_2)_wind_cuts.mp3 (from Medieval II Total War)
    Crusaders.mp3 (from Medieval II Total War)
    Darker_Skies_Ahead.mp3 (from Medieval II Total War)
    War_of_Kings.mp3 (from Medieval II Total War)

Small caveat: this submod contains music for those who already technically own Rome Total War and Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. It is assumed that you own these games or these soundtracks prior to downloading this submod! If you don't, you can support the author here.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

After downloading the RAR file, simply extract it to your EB II ("ebii") folder within the "mods" folder of your Medieval II game. DO NOT extract it to any other folder than the EB II one. When asked to overwrite any and all files, simply click yes. If it did not ask you to overwrite any files, then you have done something wrong. I would advise backing up your game if you have not already done so; at the very least make a backup for your "sounds" folder in the "data" folder of your EB II mod. That way you can replace the files with the originals if you want to have the original soundtrack back in the game!

If for some reason you do not have a file archiving tool for extracting RAR and ZIP files, there are a number of available ones you could download for free online. I would suggest using WINRAR if you don't have it.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=data.rar

Or, alternatively (if the first one doesn't work for you), try my Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...mh0S01TNFBMTzA

Either one should be fine, but you should only choose one. You don't need both!
    Last edited by Roma_Victrix; March 19, 2022 at 09:43 AM. Reason: new thread for v. 2.35a R3.5

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: RTW and M2TW soundtrack submod for EB II v. 2.2b, c, d, e, f, g, h, etc.

For some reason the music never plays during battles
    Its more realistic of course to just listen to the sounds of your own men and the enemy bashing each others brains and guts out , but the music scores makes it all the more epic

Default Re: RTW and M2TW soundtrack submod for EB II v. 2.2b, c, d, e, f, g, h, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    For some reason the music never plays during battles
    Its more realistic of course to just listen to the sounds of your own men and the enemy bashing each others brains and guts out , but the music scores makes it all the more epic
    What? Really? It works just fine on my computer. I wonder what happened. Can you confirm that again by playing another battle, and checking the menu sound options to make sure the music bar is turned all the way up? Looking through the contents of my RAR file, it does not appear that I made any mistakes whatsoever. Which makes your case all the more curious. Can someone else download it and confirm?

It probably is a random as corrupted download. If I'm not wrong, a downloaded file/archive/installer can get corrupted if you used your computer (internet, other games, movies) while downloading it and/or installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by nichita1998 View Post
    It probably is a random as corrupted download. If I'm not wrong, a downloaded file/archive/installer can get corrupted if you used your computer (internet, other games, movies) while downloading it and/or installing it.
    But did you try it out to confirm what Thg170 is saying?

If you can confirm it, I will gladly reupload the submod with new links so that it works this time.

My point is that he needs to redownload it. The file doesn't have any problem. It's just the small probability that the files might have got corrupted while he was downloading and/or installing them because he used his computer in the process.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I will check it out sometime this week when i next have spare time to play EB II
    I am currently playing a Roman campaign and i am siegeing one of the Illyrian coastal settlements and i will play that battle next when i play EB and let you know if the Roman battlefield Gramophone has been repaired (;

Everything is working fine in my game. Thanks for putting this together Victrix! I thought it would be a bit immersion breaking before I downloaded but it actually flows together really well. Great work and many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Leethal View Post
    Everything is working fine in my game. Thanks for putting this together Victrix! I thought it would be a bit immersion breaking before I downloaded but it actually flows together really well. Great work and many thanks.
    No problem! Thank you VERY much for confirming that it works.

Quote Originally Posted by nichita1998 View Post
    My point is that he needs to redownload it. The file doesn't have any problem. It's just the small probability that the files might have got corrupted while he was downloading and/or installing them because he used his computer in the process.
    Cool! That's good to know. And yes, his download was probably corrupted.

I will check it out sometime this week when i next have spare time to play EB II
    I am currently playing a Roman campaign and i am siegeing one of the Illyrian coastal settlements and i will play that battle next when i play EB and let you know if the Roman battlefield Gramophone has been repaired (;
    Take your time! But this time make sure you've got nothing running in the background while downloading the submod. Others have chimed in here saying that they don't have any problems with it, so the issue seems to lie on your end. That's actually quite a relief for me! I'd hate to have to upload these RAR files to Dropbox and Google Drive again. That takes forever! I hope you are able to download and enjoy it, though, without any bugs or errors like you seem to have had.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Is there a way to uninstall the music sub mod, in case id like to just put my own music for each cultures?

Is there a way to uninstall the music sub mod, in case id like to just put my own music for each cultures?
    Yes there is. Did you read the entire installation section of my OP? I'll reiterate that here:

Quote Originally Posted by Opening Post
    I would advise backing up your game if you have not already done so; at the very least make a backup for your "sounds" folder in the "data" folder of your EB II mod. That way you can replace the files with the originals if you want to have the original soundtrack back in the game!
    If you backed up the original files like I suggested and want the original music back in the game, the only files that you really need to replace in the "sounds" folder are the "events.dat", "events.idx", "music.dat", and "music.idx" files. If you want to add your own custom music from .mp3 tracks you have stored on your computer, that will take a bit of editing with the "descr_sounds_music" file in the main "data" folder of your EB II mod. Firstly, add the tracks you want to use to the "music" folder in "ebii --> data --> sounds --> music." Then, in the "descr_sounds_music" file write the names of the new .mp3 tracks in the fields where you want to hear them. These include the following:

* "MUSIC_BATTLE_TENSION" (i.e. when your battle map army is idle),
    * "MUSIC_BATTLE_MOBILIZE" (i.e., when your battle map army is marching or being shot at)
    * "MUSIC_BATTLE_BATTLE" (i.e. when your army is directly engaged in fighting and melee)
    * "MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER" under "CAMPMAP" (i.e. music you will hear on the campaign map during the warm seasons)

I suggest making a backup of the "descr_music_file" before editing and saving your changes. Once you've done so, go back to the "sounds" folder and DELETE the "events.dat", "events.idx", "music.dat", and "music.idx" files, all four of them! Don't worry, though! The game will regenerate these files once you've booted the game back up, only this time they will incorporate the new mp3 tracks you added to the "music" folder and wrote into the descr_sounds_music file! Don't flip out when the game crashes when you go to the campaign map. That's actually supposed to happen the first time. Reboot the game and go back to the campaign map. Voila! The music will work fine now and there will be no more CTDs. I hope this helps!

Thank you for this! I love the EB soundtrack but after so many hundreds of hours is nice to have a change and the RTW music are really nostalgic!

But do you know what I really, really miss from RTW1?............... Battle Speeches!!!!! And the battle commentaries about the enemy being spineless goats ... Damn, would love to see that in an EB2 submod! Dunno if its possible though.

Hah! I'd love to add the old RTW speeches, but I have no idea how to do so! That's a shame really, since it would make a neat little submod.

That being said, this must be stated here: "the Gauls are mad and hairy beyond reason," and "at best we would all die beneath their cruel whips...it turns my stomach just to gaze upon them."

If not "the carrion birds are here, but they will feast upon our enemies, NOT ON GOOD ROMAN FLESH!!!"

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Hah! I'd love to add the old RTW speeches, but I have no idea how to do so!
    Ah, memories... Speaking of speeches, the "greek" voice announcing battle events was the best, it reminded me of a 14 year old who is desperately trying to sound... fabulous.

"First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    Ah, memories... Speaking of speeches, the "greek" voice announcing battle events was the best, it reminded me of a 14 year old who is desperately trying to sound... fabulous.

There's so much win in that one video, it's hard to quantify it. I'd rep you for this, but unfortunately I've done so too recently.

Thank you sooo much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jdofo View Post
    Thank you sooo much!!!
    You're very welcome.

Yes, thank you! Battles now are even more epic!

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Yes, thank you! Battles now are even more epic!
    I'm very glad to hear it! I thought it was essential to balance RTW and M2TW music for the battle map (about half-and-half from either game), but to retain much of the original EB II music for the campaign map; it seems more fitting for the environment and overall feel of the game. Having M2TW campaign map music would, for instance, make it feel like a medieval times mod so I added nothing from that game for the campaign map. There are some RTW tracks for the campaign map, though, which sound appropriate for Antiquity.

Ah, I've been missing Warrior March. That song playing while maneuvering into position always got my blood going in both ends for the coming battle.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast