Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Epeiros as alternate Hellenistic factions (Massalia and Syrakousai)

Default Re: [Submod] Epeiros as alternate Hellenistic factions (Massalia and Syrakousai)

Updated and aligned to 2.2n - and I've fixed the elites problem too.

As above, I'm not updating the Massalia one any more, but if anyone wants to pick it up, they're welcome to.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 08, 2017 at 08:54 AM.

Civis

Default Re: [Submod] Epeiros as alternate Hellenistic factions (Massalia and Syrakousai)

Is there some kind of rebellious event in Sicily? Because sometimes a rebel army (8/9 units) spawns in the middle of the island, coupled with a sudden and massive rise of the unrest (80%).

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    Is there some kind of rebellious event in Sicily? Because sometimes a rebel army (8/9 units) spawns in the middle of the island, coupled with a sudden and massive rise of the unrest (80%).
    Yes, there is. It's part of the "Troublesome Regions" script. And it can often make your capital hard to hold for a while.

Think of them as demobilised mercenaries who've turned to banditry.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 08, 2017 at 12:08 PM.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, there is. It's part of the "Troublesome Regions" script. And it can often make your capital hard to hold for a while.
    How is determined the delay between two rebellions?

I'm sorry if you've already answered this before, but which are the other regions?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    How is determined the delay between two rebellions?

I'm sorry if you've already answered this before, but which are the other regions?
    It's random, 5% chance of occurring every winter. There's about 15 of them in total, places which were historically restive. You'd have to browse that section of the script for the full list.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's random, 5% chance of occurring every winter. There's about 15 of them in total, places which were historically restive. You'd have to browse that section of the script for the full list.
    I'll check it. Thank you for the answers.

Updated to align with 2.2o, meaning a working faction re-emergence script...

Updated to v6, with all the changes in 2.2p.

I'm approaching turn 90 in my game (again, I lost my save and 30-odd turns of progress), and I've got all of Sicily, southern Italy (Rhegion and Taras), Emporion (courtesy of a brief war with Numidia who attacked me - so I took it off them). Just taken Knossos and looks like I'm going to be embroiled in a long war with KH who want it like nothing else. I was going to use it as a springboard to push the Seleukids out of Anatolia (they've just taken all the Ptolemaic holdings there and Kypros too), but I may have some work to do first.

Civis

I decided to stop mine after 200+ turns when I had all of Sicily, southern Italy, Kyrene, Massilia and Emporion. Except from the first turns and a few wars with Carthage, it was a very quite campaign. I stayed allied with Rome until the end, maybe that's why. By the way, are you sure that Syracuse should be allied with Rome from the start?

I've had a lot of activity with Carthage and Numidia (still allied to each other and no signs of betrayal) so far, but nothing from Rome. KH already want to kick me off Krete.

Not sure, I know they were allies later, I may have left that from the file I made Massalia with. I'll make them neutral next version.

Civis

It seems that the threshold between Diplomatic and Militaristic stances is still a bit shaky. In my current KH campaign, Makedonia is reduced to one settlement and I beat the out them every few turns, but they simply won't accept peace.

The threshold to switch may still be too high for some of the triggers.

Updated again, should have a working AI switch now, and hopefully the lowering of priority for Trieres and Liburnes fleets should stop Roman naval spam. Also made Rome neutral to start.

I note in my early playtest, on turn 2 Carthage has moved to attack Syrakousai with it's starting doomstack. They didn't do that before!

I don't know if it's changing the starting alliances (ie not being allied to Rome), but this game is already very different to the last. Carthage switched into a warlike stance almost at the start, but then switched back, currently fighting Rome after Taras revolted to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultist
    Greetings,
    I've begun playing with your mod Syracousai as Epirus.
    I'm a seasoned player, can make the nigh impossible factions work for me but i have to say your mod adds a new level of masochism.
    What were your first moves, your plan?
    I conquered all of Sicily but money is coming up very hard even with trade deals and map selling couldn't make enough to buy an army and conquer the Taras and Reghion and now they are taken by romans and carthage
    Im just at the begining, 30 turns or so in but man it's hard to get the economy going.
    And no economy no armies to conquer with new territories.
    Not to mention the very annoying AI that uses naval invasions as it should, what a nuisance
    Every turn attacked by sea by numidians (i went at peace with carthage or they would continue invading me every turn as well).
    Maybe i did it wrong by taking sicily?
    Maybe i should of gone for taras or something else?
    Cheers
    I always go for southern Italy first - not only is it rich, but it's also historically appropriate. Syrakousai had colonies throughout southern Italy and Illyria, conquering them could be viewed as bringing them back into the protective fold of the mother city. My early moves take Rhegion, Taras and Messana. Between the three of them and the capital, that's a solid economic base.

You have to defeat the Romans a few times if they invade Messapia, but they usually give up. If they don't, I find taking Capua (which I rename Neapolis) takes the wind out of their sails some.

I leave Lilubim for a while - it makes a convenient spot to keep the profitable trading opportunities with the Qarthdastim going.

I'm hoping our recent changes to Numidia's starting moves in 2.3 will change their rush for the Mediterranean. I'll be updating this mod once that releases. Might have a few new surprises, too.

Thank you for replying Quintus and sorry if it was a tedious question.

Very good advice right there, i think this would make my campaign viable.
    Did you ever think of modifying the required provinces to hold?
    I wonder how hard it is to give the faction new enemies, remove old ones and give other territory objectives.
    I also understand what you wanted to do here, just a fast mod but i'm curious
    Yes, Syrakousai would have the goal of colonizing southern Italy.
    And probably the Iberian coast? Which i believe has the greek hidden resources in some of its provinces.
    Eliminating the Getai for example would make little sense.
    As i see it, it would clash with Romans and Carthaginians primarily, and maybe with the greeks as well since they were also competing for sea trade.
    My 2 cents, but i would be amazed if i was right. I know little to nothing on Syrakousai

I don't pay any attention to Victory Conditions, I never have, so I forgot they were still the same as Epeiros'.

Their targets should be southern Italy, Illyria and possibly Greece later on. The western Greek settlements (Massalia, Emporion, Kyrene) are more like potential allies than conquest targets.

There will be scripted targets/missions/events like the proper factions in 2.3 have. There may also be one other surprise I won't spoil.

This is awesome man!
    The release can't come any sooner!

So yeah, what you said made more sense then my coastal iberia rant. Illyria might have been a more real target

Hi,

So I just (re)discovered this EB2 and used to play as Massalia in the original EB but I seem to remember using the console to do it so I appreciate the work put into this submod. My question's are:

1) Does this submod currently work with the latest update?

2) Do I just drag and overwrite the data and logs folders into the ebii folder or is there more to it?

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast