Thread: Turning Crossbows back into Archers

Icon5 Turning Crossbows back into Archers

Hey, I've read a ton of threads about people complaining on how Crossbows in SS (6.4 and previous versions) don't behave properly on sieges.

The general complaint is that the crossbows refuse to fire, wether they are defending a fort or attacking it.

As I said I've read it all, and know how to work around this issue and that some of it is hard coded, etc.

Thing is that, in the Vanilla game, the crossbows are able to fire properly, being it against a wall or from the walls against invaders. They are able to do so because they fire parabolically (on very high angled and unrealistic arch).

I know that SS makes it more realistic and more balanced but I just want to use my crossbows on sieges normally as I did in Vanilla. I want my crossbows to fire unrealistically

I was messing around with the descs_projectiles file and even got to this thread where Dekhatres says how he modified his txt. file and made the crossbows fire like they did in Vanilla.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nding-or-is-it

I've tried coping and pasting his texts on my file but the game just crashes. Any ideas?

Default Re: Turning Crossbows back into Archers

crossbows/archers firing up is a huge waste of ammo, they never kill anything that way

but if that makes you feel better sure why not

only change min_angle max_angle and velocity numbers, dont touch anything else