Thread: Divide Et Impera mutiplayer & 41-army sizes~

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon5 Divide Et Impera mutiplayer & 41-army sizes~

Hi everyone.

As some of you know it's possible to increase army sizes beyond 20 (I believe the current maximum stable size is 41) by editing your save-file with EditSF. This works just fine in single player and I've played myself for a few months with this.
    41 sizes work perfectly in vanilla multiplayer but with DEI there is some issue that always ends up in desyncing the game between two players. I've tested a lot of different solutions in my quest to try to have these army sizes working for DEI but to no avail. Naturally I've disabled/removed scripts, edited/excluded campaign_handicap tables etcetera, it keeps desyncing between 5 to 10 turns. Dresden doesn't seem to know what the cause is either.

My question is: Has anyone here managed to get 41-army sizes working in DeI multiplayer? Would you be willing to share what you did to accomplish this?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ygraine; April 07, 2017 at 10:11 AM.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Default Re: Divide Et Impera mutiplayer & 41-army sizes~

This won't answer your question but you can answer mine. Which mod do you use to have 41 units that works well with DEI? I have never used one before but figured I would try it out. I can incorporate more levy and AOR units.

Do you find that it increases immersion, battles, or do you just like huge battles? Thanks

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Garrison - how do you increase it for 41.

I guess you could just go into the mod's building_levels_armed_citizenry_junctions tables and add more units, though of course that would mean that for the first turn of the campaign, you'd still have just the starting units while the rest replenished.

Also... I think the game does have a hard limit of 20 units for a garrison army, so you can't really increase them that much.

You don't need a mod to use 41-sized armies.

You download this program called EditSF (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Array-Editing), make a new campaign game, save it on turn 1 and go to main menu. Now you can alt-tab the game and navigate to \AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games - open the save you want to edit in EditSF. Now go to "Campaign_save_game" -> "compressed_data" -> "campaign_env" -> "campaign_model".
    In "campaign_model" you'll see two rows with the number "20" in them. The upper one is for how many units an army has, the lower how many ships in a fleet. You can set the upper one to anything between 20-41, the fleet value always has to be 20 though (otherwise it crashes the game). After you've changed the army value, save. You can now alt-tab back and load the save - voilá 41 units per army.

Word of warning, the default supply script values in DEI aren't designed for 41-army sizes (or increased army caps). You and the AI will run out of supplies very fast and need to increase supply values either per region, global flat - or both.

Augustusng already replied about garrisons, you'll have to fiddle in the super large tables in building_level_armed_citizenry_junction_tables.

As for max garrison, I don't know what the hard limit is but it's not 20. I've seen the AI have a 31-unit large garrison in a high-tier walled city when they stacked several barracks and yellow buildings.
    Last edited by Ygraine; April 08, 2017 at 08:55 PM.

Senator

Even though it makes the battles more epic and to a degree the campaign harder, the strain on the system with DEIs awesome textures brings our i7s & GTX 970s to their knees.
    Not only that, but it screws with coastal battles, there are just not enough landing spaces on a beach, so you have many transports sitting out in the sea admiring the view, and if you cannot sink them, then you wait till the battle timer expires, if you have one.

I'm using an overlocked 670 gtx, works great It's the CPU that gets the majority of the workload it seems.

As for the transports, in theory yes. But I've never had this so far (lucky?), the few times they've tried to blob my coastal town with 41-82 units I've had a fleet that sank lots of them before they could reach it.

The game isn't even designed for having ultra size units to begin with, and now you want double the units as well!?

Might give this a go at some point with regular size units since it would sure be fun to have more pieces to play with for certain factions and battle tactics.

Now? I've played with this starting early autumn last year, used it in both 1.1 and 1.2 It works great in Data Venia 1.2 (unreleased beta version). It's just too bad that I haven't been able to figure out how to get this to work for DEI in coop/head-to-head campaign without the constant desync five turns into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Also... I think the game does have a hard limit of 20 units for a garrison army, so you can't really increase them that much.
    I was playing as Syracuse in HatG couple of weeks back and City of Carthage had +30 land garrison units.

Fair enough, I haven't tried setting my game to larger army sizes, so I guess it affects garrisons too. If I had a more powerful PC, maybe I'd give it a go.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

I m setting up to 25 by save Parser. What bugs should expect ?
    40 vs 40 is max on battlefield. Population system ?
    Last edited by Sonny WiFiHr; April 10, 2017 at 12:37 PM.

There are no bugs that I'm aware of. You'll need a small banner mod though to show armies above 20 properly on the campaign map. Other than that it works just as normal army sizes.
    You can have 41 vs 41 present. Population system is completely unaffected.