Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible expansion soon?

Default Possible expansion soon?

According to the latest blog by Michael Whelan, the CA team will revisit previous historical titles before releasing the next one. The important bit:

"Specifically, we have recently been looking at ways in which we might get back to historical content before we release the next major historical Total War, in particular thinking about additional content or standalones for some of our more recent historical titles. Jack Lusted and veteran team members from the ROME II and ATTILA teams have formed a new Total War team to investigate further, and we’re excited to share news of their intentions as soon as we’re able."

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/quick-...orical-titles/

Exciting news!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Possible expansion soon?

"Soon"?
    I donīt think so... if you take the wording into account: "thinking about", "investigate"...

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Okay...warhammer is supposed to be trilogy, last part being released in 2018 so next historical title wonīt be off until 2019+/- ....so if anything, it would need +/- half a year to produce.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

johan_d's Avatar Civis

"The game retains a strong focus on character design that we have pursued in previous major releases"

I just spilled my beer..
    Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

Something within me wishes they release content with an optional patch for the existing game. The game is still in serious need of QoL and script fixes.

Optimistically: A brand new Alexander campaign with new features and mechanics.
    Pessimistically: Unlock 3 factions for Ģ15 with copy paste units.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    "Soon"?
    I donīt think so... if you take the wording into account: "thinking about", "investigate"...
    I also admire how Whelan's wording doesn't amount to anything, while implying everything, and conveniently leaves the backdoor of escape wide open. More industry talk amounting to a grand total of nothing. At least its a tacit acknowledgement of his core market.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hopefully they aren't being spread too thin between multiple projects.

A New Campaigns? Hm, my wish is a Britannia Campaign or Germanicus. My hope is a Update for Politics

I'm interested...

CA optimise attila pls

Quote Originally Posted by Licmi{SRB} View Post
    CA optimise attila pls
    No programming work for Attila or Rome II in the future, unfortunately, as that isn't Lusted's team's purpose.

I think they'll probably release a few Culture packs, or perhaps a new campaign. But then again the wording does seem to suggest that they don't have anything concrete planned.

Because itīs about mid/long term planning. Next historical title will be out in 2019/2020 probably. So it is good estimation IF anything will be release for history fans in meantime, it will be probably in 2018/2019. Like one campaign for Rome2 and one for Attila. One being released in 2018, second in 2019.

This of course only my estimation..

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Because itīs about mid/long term planning. Next historical title will be out in 2019/2020 probably. So it is good estimation IF anything will be release for history fans in meantime, it will be probably in 2018/2019. Like one campaign for Rome2 and one for Attila. One being released in 2018, second in 2019.

This of course only my estimation..
    No they have a separate team working on historical titles, so it will be much sooner than you think, possibly even sometime this year.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    A New Campaigns? Hm, my wish is a Britannia Campaign or Germanicus. My hope is a Update for Politics
    I would enjoy a Britannia or Germanic pack, too. When we select other culture groups, generally we can choose from a range of factions - but not so much with the Britannic or Germanic tribes. It could be challenging to play as the Cimbri (in Denmark) or the Ebdani (in Ireland), for example.

Alternatively, I think that an Arabian Kingdoms or African Kingdoms pack would be enjoyable to play. Experienced players sometimes say that the game isn't challenging enough. As I see it, enabling players to play more factions which start in a weak position (with a few units which add variety and are useful without being too powerful) would be a good thing. Arabian Kingdoms such as Mascat have a very limited roster - and so do African Kingdoms - so there is room to add units.

You mentioned wanting an update for Politics - I wonder what specific changes to Politics would improve the game (a family tree would be nice, obviously, if it could be added.) DarrenTotalWar (in a YouTube video) suggested that civil wars could be more challenging, for example if additional armies spawned for the rebel faction in a civil war. I wonder if that would be a popular change, if it could be done?
    Last edited by Alwyn; May 06, 2017 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EireEmerald View Post
    No they have a separate team working on historical titles, so it will be much sooner than you think, possibly even sometime this year.
    Firstly, I wonīt mind. I can buy it anytime so sooner the better. BUT. Think about marketing. Warhammer 2 is comming in second half of 2017, probably third quarter. And while Warhammer fans and history boys are two groups, they are not completely separated. So the titles would compete with each other and nobody from marketing would advice it. The last DLC for Warhammer is still not out ...and you need some time for Warhammer 2 marketing so the time window is not big :/ This is just my reasoning...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Firstly, I wonīt mind. I can buy it anytime so sooner the better. BUT. Think about marketing. Warhammer 2 is comming in second half of 2017, probably third quarter. And while Warhammer fans and history boys are two groups, they are not completely separated. So the titles would compete with each other and nobody from marketing would advice it. The last DLC for Warhammer is still not out ...and you need some time for Warhammer 2 marketing so the time window is not big :/ This is just my reasoning...
    100% True.
    I would add that any Rome II expansion in the future would act like a confess by CA/SEGA that they left the game actually unfinished and rushed to Attila before completing it.
    That would be extremly embarrasing for a company to admit. From their point of view Rome II is history and what is done is done!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Oooh, give us a family tree and "promised" features that didn't make it into the release - would be lovely to see some of them backported from Attila!

Culture packs on the other hand are extremely uninteresting since modders have made excellent contributions in that field already and I doubt CA will make stuff as polished judging by the depth of their previous culture packs.
    I'd rather see more mini campaigns if they aren't planning to add any features, or stuff in general that us modders can't do due to hard-coding.

I'm crossing my fingers in any case. If you'll deliver CA I'll even buy the Warhammer trilogy just to support you!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Only feature from Attila i'd like would be governers. As for family trees i've been playing Rome 1 again and haven't used the family tree once...

As for campaigns there's plenty in that time period they could do. But whether this overlaps with what has been already released. The Icenii rebellion and adjacent extermiation of the druids is too simular to Ceaser in Gaul? I'm down for a crisis in the 3rd century as it's a nice segway into the Attila period. Not particulaly looking forward to an Alexander remake as I would prefer a wars of the Diodachi. Though if it did happen I'm sure a suitable mod would follow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast