Thread: Heroes effects

Default Heroes effects

Hello,
    I'm kinda new to TWW, and suddenly I've had a huge doubt about how heroes work.
    In their skill description tab they say, for example, "-3 vampiric/chaos corruption in the current province".

My noobish doubt is, and I couldn't find a proper answer elsewhere, do they actually need to be INSIDE the province capital city/settlement for the buff/effect to kick in, or is just enough for them to be within the borders of said province?

I gotta say, if the latter's the answer, I can't really see any difference even after spending many points in some traits (as, for instance, vampiric/chaos cleansing)...

Am I derping?
    Thanks

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Heroes effects

Quote Originally Posted by kjades View Post
    Hello,
    I'm kinda new to TWW, and suddenly I've had a huge doubt about how heroes work.
    In their skill description tab they say, for example, "-3 vampiric/chaos corruption in the current province".

My noobish doubt is, and I couldn't find a proper answer elsewhere, do they actually need to be INSIDE the province capital city/settlement for the buff/effect to kick in, or is just enough for them to be within the borders of said province?

I gotta say, if the latter's the answer, I can't really see any difference even after spending many points in some traits (as, for instance, vampiric/chaos cleansing)...

Am I derping?
    Thanks
    in the province is enough and strange it does not work for you
    I got my empire ally to colonise sylvania when I destroyed the VC whit just putting a runesmith in the province to bring down vampiric corruption so the AI would finally colonise them
    and note some heroes need to be deployed for the effect to work
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Heroes need to be deployed I believe except if they're part of an army.

Then I don't really know what to say...
    In the present playthrough I smashed VCs and conquered their lands...I sent heroes and even built a Cathedral of Sigmar, still I only get a mere -1% Vampiric Corruption per turn... :|
    I do know you need to deply heroes to have some active effects, but what I'm talking about are more the passive effects (linked to the hero personal traits).

This really gets me confused...

I think deploed heroes only do what their signature skill is ie encrease growth decrease building cost and so on. Enything else just hapens as long as you re in the province. For example how does volkmar decrease vampiric corruption otherwise? He cant be deployed.

well the Tool Tip is your friend

you can check the value of Corupiton in an Province before the charater/hero is in,
    than move in the Hero/Character and check again and you will see if the numbers have changed... or not.

Are there any agents/buildings/lords(armies) in the province increasing corruption?

The total decrease in corruption is sum of both positive and negative effects as well the types of corruption present. If a province like Sylvania has 70% dark corruption and 10% Chaos corruption while there is a single Vampire character giving +1% corruption while there is 2 characters giving -4% corruption until the Chaos corruption is gone the tooltip will probably show only -1% since the -4% is divided between Chaos and Dark corruption while there is a constant +1% or more Chaos corruption if invasion has started.

Ok, one thing I didn't know is the corruption reduction factor of a character is actually split between the two types. And no, most of the time I had no vampire/chaos agents in the province I was observing.
    Besides that...I'll try and take a more careful look in my new playthrough

It isn't splitt when you look at the tool tip you will see a value between 0-99 for the 3 options Chaos/Vampire/Non Corruption, which is created by e.g buildings in local province, tech, characters, events, buildings in neigbouring provinces.

e.g. if the value is 3/3/3 each coruption and non corruption will go to 33% in this provice.
    If you move in a character e.g. a vampire with + 6 corruption the value will change to 3/9/3 which means that the corruption will change to 20%/60%/20% over time
    the changerate depends on the diffrence between these numbers.. so the higher one number compared to the others the corruption will change faster.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

east and west sylvania have always corruption to to represent 1000 years of vampires living here
    to prevent this build the highest possible level of sigmart churches in tempel and drakenhof ASAP and issue the commandent sigmarite dogma and research all anti corruption effects then it will go away
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz