Thread: How to create a new faction

Default How to create a new faction

I don't know where to post these questions:

1. I want to play NTW with the Darth Mod and I want to have Scotland as independent with a few extra provinces and scottish units (mostly copied from other nations), how can I do that?

2. It's been a while since I've played this game. I usually play as Ottomans. Is Darth Mod still the best pack available or are there any new ones?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: How to create a new faction

Title is misleading. You don't want to add a new faction. You wnt to make an existing one playable.

1. What extra provinces?
    2. Have a look at Masters of Europe.

Scottish units

Ottomans

Last edited by Steph; April 04, 2017 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Title is misleading. You don't want to add a new faction. You wnt to make an existing one playable.

1. What extra provinces?
    2. Have a look at Masters of Europe.

Scottish units

Ottomans

Yeah, sorry for that.Yes I want existing ones playable. I was thinking about giving control of Ireland to the scots just to give them a better starting point.I had a look at your mod, seems very nice, thank you,but for now I'll stick to Darth's. So where do I start? I'm still downloading the game.

I've installed both the game and DarthMod. Now I want to play as Ottomans but with an independent Scotland in the campaign. I have also downloaded the PFM from sourceforge. What do I do now?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

PFM is not sufficient, you need the startpos editor.
    And read this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rgent-factions

You know that is has an explicit title, is on the first page of the tools, tutorial and resourcers subforum, and so easy to find?

Thanks.

Is there a way to give the Ottoman 3-pounder horse artillery cannon, shells like that of a howitzer? I tried cloning a projectile of a 7-pounder howitzer and then with the gun_to_projectile table I tried adding that shot for the cannon but the PFM gives an error that it is not a valid entry. Also in the drop down options available for the shot type there was no option for the new shell that I made in projectiles table.

Do I need to clone a howitzer and then make it Ottoman? Also can the Howitzer explosive shell have a range of 1000 or is that fixed because of the game engine?