Thread: What does dismounted_melee_attack and .._charge_bonus do?

Default What does dismounted_melee_attack and .._charge_bonus do?

See title, what are these values are used for? Or are they just a database relict of former warhammer titles which have no meaning in TW:Warhammer cause units cant dismount?

Another Question, where can i edit the charge resistance of units and the damage they deal when they get charged like spearmen who defend vs charging cavalery?

Default Re: What does dismounted_melee_attack and .._charge_bonus do?

My guess is that the dismounted_... are not used. Like you said, units in WH cannot dismount. Also, most of these are all the same across various units.

As for the Charge Resistance, I believe this to be a unit skill of sorts. I was looking this up over the weekend for a technology unlock and took note that I'd need to make a new skill and hit a bunch of tables, but I forgot to write down the example skill that I was going to copy (because I'm a big dummy lol).

EDI: Found it, it is a unit_attribute. The easiest way to add it to a unit will be through land_units.attribute_group, and selecting one of the groups with charge_reflector. If you want some combination not in that list, then you can add it via unit_attributes_groups and unit_attributes_to_groups_junctions.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; April 05, 2017 at 05:50 PM.