Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1073

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Thanks Daruwind, these are intriguing hints!

Yes, Beastmen v Dark Elves seems like a strong possibiility. I wonder how they'll re-work the Beastmen and which Legendary Lord the Dark Elves will get, is that prediction is right? (I don't know the lore of Warhammer and haven't played the tabletop game, so I don't know if there's an obvious Dark Elf LL).
    DE are not my cup of tea but from what I read all around internet, there are somehow 4 possible candidates:
    Rakarth - that was LL in 5 Edition but he is beastmaster and many people agree that Malus stole all his uniqueness.
    Kouran - my pick, as he is loyal right hand of Malekith, he acted in his absence.
    Tullaris - well the similar but for Helebron.
    Shadowblade - Which sounds as LH more than LL but i can very easily imagine him leading some faction on Ulthuan.

But unit wise the DE are almost done so I can imagine majority of resources going for BM Ideally BM vs DE + FLC BM and if we can judge after WE LP, we might see 2-3 LHs as well So something like Kouran LL + Shadowblade LH vs Taurox, Gorthor LLs + Slugtongue, Moonclaw LHs... Well will be interesting
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Thanks, Kouran Darkhand looks like a good candidate. His combination of martial prowess, ruthlessness and an honest soul would make for an interesting LL Just as a good character is more interesting if they have realistic flaws, an evil character can offer more when they have virtues as well as vices.

My only question is how he'd become leader of an independent faction, when he's described in the Warhammer Fantasy wiki as "utterly loyal" to Malekith. Maybe his faction could start as a colony and/or client state of Malekith? Perhaps Kouran's relationship with Malekith could be similar to the relationship between Belisarius and the Emperor Justinian in The Last Roman campaign for Total War: Attila (a general with a history of loyalty, assigned a difficult task which gives him the choice of remaining loyal or breaking away and forming an independent state)?

I imagine you're right, most of the resources would need to go into developing the Beastmen, they seem to be in a similar position to the Wood Elves before the recenty FLC update.

Well...if we have characters like Teclis, Tyrion and Alarielle possibly fighting each other? Or Karl France, Gelt and Volkmar? Or Dwarfs? Then it would be no surprise if evil characters could do the same. I would just give him large diplomatic bonus with Malekith and that is. :-)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't it make more sense anyways for evil characters to be at odds? Being more naturally deceptive, traitorous and well... evil.

Also, this is Warhammer, anything is possible The Beastmen do seem badly in need of an update though. Unless you go for the one cheese strategy where you lower all enemy leadership in a region to the point of ludicrousness one will have a hard time playing them
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Daruwind, I demand you use your arcane powers to bring us solid news of Total Warhammer 3.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Daruwind, I demand you use your arcane powers to bring us solid news of Total Warhammer 3.
    I would love to but there is not much. The latest hint is from https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15978317 the chaos picture from Festag wallpapers. That is at best 2021 hint.

Right now we know there will be Troy DLC, 3K DLC and got confirmation Wh2 will get one more, but as there is not even SteamDB entry so far and we got no details if it will be LP or pre-order DLC...Still the most probable action is next DLC is again LP (BM) around May/June and that (corona, brexit...) would put Wh3 in Q3-Q4 of 2021.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

At least we have some news for Warhammer 2... My mod with the latest DLC + Greenskins update should be released this week.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Thanks Durawind, I was joking after all and you still brought in some info!

Steph, keep the good work!
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Thanks Durawind, I was joking after all and you still brought in some info!

Steph, keep the good work!
    Lo and behold! CA back at work, we got today new SteamDB entry...sadly just one so far. https://steamdb.info/app/1517260/history/

Patrician Artifex

Anything to do with today's patch (Asrai resurgent update)

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-as...urgent-update/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Changes to the Forge of Daith

We’ve heard your feedback on the Forge, and have implemented a preliminary set of changes to deal with the most prominent gameplay issues:

• Items will now revert back to their previous upgrade level after Reforging expires, rather than their base level
    • The ‘Naestra leaves’ option that appears when Daith offers to reforge a completed item with now reduce the timer until the next new item is offered by 2 turns

In addition, we’ve done a balance pass on all the items offered by the Forge. All items have had their stats tweaked, and Reforged items will now be significantly stronger, so they are viable choices in comparison to permanent upgrades.
    These are not the final changes for the Forge. We’re currently working on various UI improvements that we’re hoping to get to you early next year.
    Changes to offices

With the Wood Elf offices, we generally sought to avoid too many factionwide effects as these tend to promote recruiting Lords purely to fill a slot, then disbanding them. While this is appropriate for some factions – such as the Empire, where filling the Elector Count seats is the goal of the campaign – for Wood Elves we wanted to focus on offices as a tool for customising Lords and enabling alternative strategies and playstyles.
    In this context, Durthu’s offices were meant to complement a more defensive playstyle where your Treemen lords would passively buff their local region while defending it, whereas Orion’s were designed to promote a more ‘spiky’ playstyle focused on expansion and contraction, with multiple armies running alongside each other to maximise bonuses.
    In retrospect, the effects were probably not strong enough to have the desired effect. As such we have added adding the following:
    Orion

• Master of Scouts and Herald of the Hunt: +30% income from raiding to local forces
    • Master of Drums and Master of Supplies: +25% income from post-battle loot to local forces
    • Talon of Kurnous, Spirit of the Hunt, and Master of the Hunt: +15% razing income to local forces

Like other effects, these are doubled in strength during Wild Hunts. If several Lords with the same effect are in the same region, the effects will stack
    Durthu

• All non-faction-leader Office slots provide -20% upkeep for all units while in owned territory

Bug fixes and improvements

• Fixed an issue where Ariel would not spawn in the Eye of the Vortex campaign after manually fighting a Forest Encounter
    • Fixed a bug responsible for various issues (e.g. some cases of unresponsive Forest Encounters, the Forge of Daith not firing)
    • Drycha’s quest chain will no longer abort if Middenheim is captured instead of raided
    • Coeddil now has the Immortal trait
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when escape was pressed after starting a ritual
    • Custom battles no longer crash when loading with more than 20 Clan Moulder units are selected
    • Removed some legacy advice that triggered on constructing the Oak of Ages which could cause soft-locks if the player completed a Ritual of Rebirth at the same time
    • We have fixed a problem which caused unresolvable Forest Encounters issues. However, this will not fix existing broken Forest Encounters. As such, we’re removing the Forest Health penalty from ‘unresolved encounters’ so that these broken encounters will not permanently hinder campaigns
    • The Wood Elf version of the Gaean Vale main settlement chain now has correct effects and unlocks the correct number of settlement slots
    • The level 4 and 5 Tree Spirits building (and the level 3 version for Drycha) now grant +1 recruitment capacity for Dryads
    • Orion’s Lord Effects now also apply to Great Stag Knights
    • Ariel’s Chosen will now correctly apply its melee attack increase effects during Forest Battles
    • The Stolen Power trait awarded from Drycha’s quest chain now correctly grants physical resistance to Tree Spirit units
    • Archaon’s faction effect now correctly increases weapon strength per rank
    • Wood Elf factions are now much less likely to refer to each other as traitors when they have positive diplomatic relations
    • We en-baubled the Oak of Ages but the dryads ate them all
    • The Lost Plateau region now correctly has a Heathland UI indicator
    • Throt will no longer be forced into a Military Alliance with the Wood Elves after completing his Vortex Final Battle
    • Doomfire Warlocks once again use a weaker version of Doombolt for their bound abilities
    • Settra is once again Undead when on his Chariot of the Gods mount
    • Coeddil, Ariel and Ghoritch now have zero upkeep, bringing them in line with other legendary heroes
    • The hidden army ability used to grant siege attacker is now actually hidden. The Power of Placeholder was too great to be handed out so freely
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the multiplayer leaderboards from being reset correctly. The multiplayer leaderboard has not been reset with this update
    • Various localization fixes

Patrician Artifex

Blog Entries

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also: Grungi's Baldric!" From the wiki - 'Grungi's Baldric (sometimes spelled Grungni's) is one of the Star Signs of the Old World. It is the Sign of Martial Pursuits, appearing as a Dwarf with a baldric, and is in Ascendance during Late Spring/Early Summer. People born under it are known to be disciplined, honourable, and skilled at arms

Is this the release date for the release date
    Last edited by King Athelstan; January 29, 2021 at 10:36 AM.
    and Peaman

Definitely for Warhammer III, a content creatorTM confirmed it in his video comments, which he later removed, presumably because they might have violated the non-disclosure agreement:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After all, the teaser doesn't follow the pattern for the lord packs. It was probably released today, so that fans can speculate about it and generate hype during the weekend, until the trailer release next week. Probably on Monday or Tuesday. No clue about zodiac signs and constellations in the Warhammer lore, but I doubt the hints concern any date. The role of the teaser is to prepare the customers for the hype explosion that is supposed to come soon. There's an elaborate theory, according to which the trailer is going to be released on March 21, but that sounds awfully late.

So here are my predictions:
    -Trailer release next week on early February.
    -Warhammer III announced (not necessarily in the trailer) for early autumn, probably in September (remember, remember the 3rd of September).
    -The four initial factions will be revealed with the trailer. Contrary to popular belief, said factions will be the four Chaos deities: The green (the one that smells badly), the red, purple and blue demons. On this issue I am very adamant, as I follow the doctrine of our Lord and Saviour, the Datamine leak. If I'm wrong, I promise to rep any member that is going to contribute to this thread between my post and the trailer revelation. Reputation comments will include an appropriately humble and humiliating observation.
    -Last lord pack, featuring Beastmen and Dark Elves, announced and released in late April/early May.
    -Release date and pre-order (Kislev being the strongest candidate) incentive revealed in June.

The big question still remains though: Will Warhammer III be an Epic Games Exclusive?

Patrician Artifex

I don't think there can be the 4 Chaos deities at start. Only Chaos? No other race? This would seriously reduce sales for any player not interesting by Chaos.

Jeeees, I´m gonna for two weeks due to work and the day I´m returning this is happening? ROFL LOL, not funny!

Grace revenge...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...newsday_jokes/

btw the video

EDIT:
    Plus we missed probably Wh2 update, nothing major though..
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-tw...ilight-update/
    Last edited by Daruwind; January 29, 2021 at 03:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    -The four initial factions will be revealed with the trailer. Contrary to popular belief, said factions will be the four Chaos deities: The green (the one that smells badly), the red, purple and blue demons. On this issue I am very adamant, as I follow the doctrine of our Lord and Saviour, the Datamine leak. If I'm wrong, I promise to rep any member that is going to contribute to this thread between my post and the trailer revelation. Reputation comments will include an appropriately humble and humiliating observation.

Obvious bait to get more people to contribute to the discussion. I see what you're doing here. Can't come past me. Not at all. Will hold you accountable for rep though, and I do assume you mean one point per post. At the very least.

The big question still remains though: Will Warhammer III be an Epic Games Exclusive?
    I don't think it can considering how the first two games aren't on Epic at all, and the main reason people will buy this is as a DLC to Warhammer II which one bought as a DLC to Warhammer I. In that order. I think?
    and Peaman

Patrician Artifex

I wonder how many people actually BOUGHT Troy on Epic Game. It's possible many got it for free like me. And guess what? Yesterday I updated it to see what's new for free with latest DLC. Well... A big black screen game is unplayable.

And if Steam reacts to Epic game and other competition (look what happened with Assassin's Creed) and they review there price policy, there would be less reason to avoid Steam.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

The odds of Cathay being a base game faction are higher than 4 Monogods in my opinion, Abdül. There is just no appeal for anyone who isn't a hardcore Chaos fanboy.

That's the most reasonable counter-argument I have heard, but I think it underestimates marketing hype and the impact of the pre-order incentive. Even if the fandom reacts badly in the beginning, the temptation of Kislev, fancy trailers and sheer excitement is usually irresistible to the customers of the video-game industry. After all, we are talking about the community that complained to Creative Assembly for releasing lord packs way too sparsely.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Obvious bait to get more people to contribute to the discussion. I see what you're doing here. Can't come past me. Not at all. Will hold you accountable for rep though, and I do assume you mean one point per post. At the very least.
    Of course every post will be repped, but therein lies the trap. Take the opportunity for more reputation, but also accept the risk of your post/rep ratio being completely unbalanced? Life is full of dilemmas!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    I don't think it can considering how the first two games aren't on Epic at all, and the main reason people will buy this is as a DLC to Warhammer II which one bought as a DLC to Warhammer I. In that order. I think?
    Probably not, but there is a tiny bit of hope, in case they manage to establish some sort of cross-platform support. It will be great to break Steam's monopoly even further, to get the chance to play Warhammer III for free and of course watch reddit implode in the most spectacular manner!