Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

So sadly nothing new. False alarm, too much thinking!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

It was probably just set due to the publishing date alone
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Just some good news, I already posted i general section:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15717037

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Warhammer II is Gold Tier of 2018 Steam sales:
    https://store.steampowered.com/sale/winter2018bestof/
    In company of other great games like Kingdome Come, Assassin Creed Origin, Stellaris, Witcher 3, Patch of Exile... Only Strategy getting Platinum Tier is Civilization, all others like CK2, Heart of Iron 4, Age of Empires 2 HD are Bronze as well.

Warhammer I, Rome 2 and Thrones of Britannia got the Bronze Tier as well.

So from selling point of view it looks like quite good year for CA.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Apparently there won't be any new DLC before 3k releases

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Apparently there won't be any new DLC before 3k releases
    Well, that was expected (and one has to admit, the logical thing to do from CA's perspective). It's a shame, though, because the Festag update/patch still left many bugs to be cleared.

Well there is still long road to Wh3 and while Skave/Lizardmen DLC is the one according to plan we have no idea what else is in sleeve for us..like another Norsca? FLC? Because even the old FLC map was long enough for Lizardmen FLC LL and +/- 2 other pieces.. Araby makes great idea for Wh2 both for Vortex and ME campaign map, lot hints for possible Southern Realms as well..

Two quick news:

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

What? No make War, not Love? This is upsetting, I did love that event.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I feel sorry for those that play manly as Lizardmen and Skaven

Warhammer 1: May 24, 2016; Grim and Grave September 1, 2016 ; King and Warlord Oct 20, 2016

Warhammer 2: September 28, 2017; Queen and The Crone May 31, 2018; Lizardmen flc lord and dlc : Post March 7th 2019 (possibly 2 months later) , that is year and half in comparison to 5 months in Wh1

They really seem to have problems also with no gameplay videos ,unit showcases, historical campaign, and little news beside portraits for 3K.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!

But Wh1 had different time distribution of content..

Wh1+preorder race, then Campaign pack, Lord pack, Lord pack and again Campaign pack. All this from May 2016 till December 2016, then free Bretonnia in February and finally after really long wait Norsca in August 2017. If you put it in perspective:
    Wh1/+2months/+3,5ish/+5/+6,5ish/+9/+14,5ish/and finally Wh2 after 16 months...that´s piece of content every 3 months +/- on average

Wh2+"preorder delayed Norsca ",then Mortal Empires (this is ala Bretonnia content for me) then Campaign pack, Lord pack, Campaign pack and now we are waiting for the last Lord pack.
    Wh2/+1month/+4/+8/+13,5ish/+??? another 3,5 months are till End of March for about +17 months after release.....if we consider ME, we are about 3,5 months per piece of major content, if not, it is still just slightly above 4 months per piece of content...

It feels really long, in reality the long break between WE and Norsca was way way longer. :-) And Wh3 won´t be hitting shelves before end 2019/ beginning 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    But Wh1 had different time distribution of content..

Wh1+preorder race, then Campaign pack, Lord pack, Lord pack and again Campaign pack. All this from May 2016 till December 2016, then free Bretonnia in February and finally after really long wait Norsca in August 2017. If you put it in perspective:
    Wh1/+2months/+3,5ish/+5/+6,5ish/+9/+14,5ish/and finally Wh2 after 16 months...that´s piece of content every 3 months +/- on average

Wh2+"preorder delayed Norsca ",then Mortal Empires (this is ala Bretonnia content for me) then Campaign pack, Lord pack, Campaign pack and now we are waiting for the last Lord pack.
    Wh2/+1month/+4/+8/+13,5ish/+??? another 3,5 months are till End of March for about +17 months after release.....if we consider ME, we are about 3,5 months per piece of major content, if not, it is still just slightly above 4 months per piece of content...

It feels really long, in reality the long break between WE and Norsca was way way longer. :-) And Wh3 won´t be hitting shelves before end 2019/ beginning 2020
    Maybe if you look at it like that,but considering that Lizardmen and Skaven are part of the main release , and that Lizardmen fans haven't got their flc lord still.

They have definitely dropped date of their content release , Wh1 needed to build much of assets, less so in WH2 and ME, lot of elven animations were reused from Wood elf pack.

Bretonnia was 50% completed at the release of WH1, there is also matter of priority I dare say making complete rosters for starting factions is more important (some resemblance of balance in multiplayer with new units and options) than Vampire coast subfaction no matter the quality.

Decrease in frequency of content is evident with this list, quality of race packs seems better though.

Last edited by kelembribor21; January 09, 2019 at 09:05 AM.

On contrary, Wh2 is using all Wh1 content. Or more precisely you need much more time to bug test...just for balancing purpose there is way more factions, units...pair it with that between Wh2/3 is way more longer time period than between Wh1/2. I would love to see more content as well but I would prefer bugfree content and not another Norsca level problems... :-) Hopefully we will see some content soon, I still have ToB to play.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Two interesting pieces of info there.

First next DLC will NOT be the last one. Second, Grace_CA cannot say yet what types of DLC it will be (ie not confirm it is a lord pack). So it could still be a campauign pack with Araby?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Poor Lizardmen, poor Skaven.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

New update for Festag beta update
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-fe...6ZAwd33rcsXu6Y

We got new blogpost about what are teams working on - January 2019:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/what-t...6ZsSI7Dh2T46zc

Fantasy new content team - Wh2
    It’s going to be a quiet few months from us in the Fantasy New Content Team while we scheme and plot beneath the surface. We vow to resurface soon, and when we do expect some cold-blooded and explosive content… but of course that’s after the release of the highly anticipated THREE KINGDOMS from our comrades in the Historical Team!
    So probably nothing new in near future, next is really Lizardmen/Skaven Lord pack in a few months.

Fantasy team - pre-production
    The Fantasy Team have been extremely busy this month. Back-to-back meetings and intense workshops have taken place, but as yet there are still no acceptable suggestions for cryptic references to include in the what the teams are working on blog post. We’ll try harder next month, but there won’t be any actual news for a while as pre-production keeps on keeping on.
    Still nothing new about WH3. Looks like a few more months with silence.
    Last edited by Daruwind; January 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM.

It sucks to be Lizardmen/Skaven fan , few months is really too much added to the wait so far , but what can we do.
    I expected release prior to 3Kingdoms but if not, than in start of April but now it seems even farther.

Patrician Artifex

Let's try to be positive... I may be able to finish the Empire update for my mod before the next DLC is released. And yes, I barely started it.

Well that, along with better new launcher , and maybe they add few units more for the pack could be worth hoping for, though I usually take all information with grain of salt. Few is usually considered as from 2 - 5 or 6 or is it something different?

Patrician Artifex

With the release of 3K in March, I think we can expect announcement in April for something in May?

But I'd really have preferred this lord pack in February and a camapign pack in June.... Seems unlikely to get a campaign pack soon now.

I don't understand why they need so long for a Lord Pack. A campaign packk with a full roster and gameplay mechanism, i can understand, but a lord pack with just 2 LL and a few units units?