Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

I just want a fleshed out Sartosa, yar-harr-fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is alright to be!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Thanks Daruwind. Interesting stuff.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Maybe they could so a fleshed out minor faction campaign pack that includes multiple, or a couple, different "race" types at once. Like Pirates + Araby, or something. That would together make it about as large as a regular one.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I was thinking the same like DLC featuring Grom the Ponch (Greenskins), Luthor Harkon (Vampires), Kurt Helborg (Empire)...would allow CA to improve older faction to catch up with new ones. But now with CA doing that for free with unique LL starting locations for ME, that is taking away part of value of such DLC.
    Last edited by Daruwind; August 28, 2018 at 10:36 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Still nothing new except small reddit comment from Grace....looks like campaign pack before December, so November so expect some info in next 30 days probably :-) And judging from release dates of so far DLCs... https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia....adable_Content it will be probably like 20-30th of November :-)

Original reddit thread
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...nd_the_future/
    Grace´s comment
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...future/e68tai4

So we are exactly 2 months away from new DLC...give or take :-)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

It means that soon after releasing my mod update with the full Wood Elves (and some update of High Elves and Dark Elves), I'll have to update it again to match the new contents... But I'd rather have this to do regularly than not having DLC

New reddit post about something new...to me it looks like a pirate map? Exploration? Pirates, Treasures in Lustria? Naval Combat? ...well simply Dogs of War/Southern Realms probably :-)
    The style is not matching 3K nor R2 nor ToB and CA would not probably announce next big title as Empire 2/Victoria with 3K still far away...And as a Campaign pack for Wh2 is only project we are expecting in short time, everything is pointing there...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...nt_draws_near/

EDIT: thread on reddit got WH2 flair...marking it as WH2 relevant...
    Last edited by Daruwind; September 25, 2018 at 10:50 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I'm very much hoping for something piratey, there is little cooler than that. And now I've got the "you are a pirate" song stuck in my head...
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

I hear there are Vampire Zombie Pirates in the lore, so might be them. Though the Spanish Conquistador influence of the Southern Realms might also fit.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    I hear there are Vampire Zombie Pirates in the lore, so might be them. Though the Spanish Conquistador influence of the Southern Realms might also fit.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Yep :-) In fact we have at least two pirate factions in lore! Pirate Coast is Vampire faction under Luthor Harkon
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Coast
    Vampires + Zombies + Pirates, it is with Araby another very well fleshed out faction in WH2, only downsite is, we have so many vampires in ME already...

Second is Sartosa, which is recent addition into ME campaign map so it is on both ME and Vortex map.
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sartosa
    This is directly part of Tilea, which is with Estalia part of Southern Realms in Old World

Spanish Conquistadors / Pizzaro´s Lost Legion is prime connectiont with New World Colonies in Lustria and Dogs of War. :-)
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wi...7s_Lost_Legion

Actually guys, looking at those lines.....they are very very very similar to geomantic web? Cross section might be a city location and the X marks....starting position? Famous battle/treasure?

EDIT: anybody here who finished Lizardmen Vortex/ME campaign? I would like to see some screenshots of Geomantic web around Lustria, Hexoatl I sadly did not start Lizardmen campaign..waiting for Lord pack...

See lower what I mean, can we find better place to fit my theory? :-) Happened anything interesting close to Tepok in eastern direction? Depending on perspective "something" could take place from Tepok up to middle of ocean That´s why I´m looking for better fitting place on campaign map...

The announcement, what I see
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Geomantic Web from sources...There is not so many horizontal lines. Some around Hexoatl, some Tlaxlan, some around Quetza...from which only area around Hexoatl is depicting in-game some horizontal lines.. (Which is sad..Tlaxlan could point to Amazon location..Anakonda Amazons..Dogs of War while Quetza to Vampiric Coast and Luthor Harkon.. )

Hexoatl - Skeggi - Mirror Pool of Tepok
    ..looking for something like that? Probably Lustria?

Last edited by Daruwind; September 26, 2018 at 12:46 AM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

I'd be surprised if it's anything other than Southern Realms/Dogs of War. Albion and the Amazons barely have a unit roster or named lords, the Vampire Coast and Araby are a bit better off in this regard but still not an awful lot to go on in the legendary lord department and they both have another thing which makes them less likely. The Vampire Coast would add more vampires, which already have the most LL's, and Araby is right next to the Tomb Kings, who were the previous campaign pack.

Southern Realms/Dogs of War has the biggest roster and most named lords to pick from and the Southern Realms themselves are currently occupied by bland Empire clones, the Dogs of War can basically be put anywhere on the map and there's a popular mod which adds them to the game.

Albion/Amazon can be represented by one RoR unit in similar way as Norsca has hunt mechanics. There is nice reddit post with info graphics about different Dogs of Wars units. That is easy way how to add one unit here, one unit there, some halfling over the top... :-)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...abletop_units/

Patrician Artifex

Some claim that DoW will add Ogre, Amazons, Halfings, etc. I'm not sur eit would be wise for CA to do as it would be quite costly, and may reduce the interest for future DLC.

I see more Ogre in Game 3, with then an Ogre RoR unit added to DoW, than one Ogre unit in DoW DLC, and then have more Ogre in game 3.

We have several hints, but they do not all point to the same direction
    - Something fantastical coming: doesn't point puch to DoW. Not so much for Zombi pirates (except maybe Leviathan). I think it could fit more with Albion, or with Araby and djin, flying carpet, etc. Like 1001 nights
    - "worth their salt"; reference to see; Zombi Pirates, or DoW explorer of the new world, or Related to naval battle
    - " the art department is cooking up": could be halfling, ogre
    - "something quite unlike anything you’ve seen in a Total War: WARHAMMER game before... We have plenty of Undead. We have humans from Empire, Dow won't be so different... So it's something else. Maybe Albion? Araby with eklephant, djinn etc? Or naval battle?

I guess we'll have to wait one week to learn that it had nothing to do with any of our guesses....

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Would love naval battles, even knowing it's a long shot.

Also reloading animation and better underground representation. Instead of just an stance for armies it should be another layer for the map.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Rumor time! I´m totally off probably buuuut:

We are closing Columbus Day (12th. October), which is like one week after 4.10. and you know who landed in Lustria in 1492? Marco Colombo...but reveal is 04.10.18 right? But that´s way too many numbers...like 04 instead of 4 right? Well if you re-shuffle ALL the numbers... 1 then 4 then creatively (1 0 0 - 8 = 92)...you will get 1492 okay, but what about map? Well Marco landed near Tlax ( https://www.scribd.com/doc/219215401...Lizardmen-1997 pages 50 onwards...) So lets look at geomantic map (http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Geomantic_Web ), which is suprisingly having 40 degree angles in that place, exactly as has our map... Dogs of War comfirmed

EDIT4: Plus the way the map is folded into half, it reminds me strongly of https://imgur.com/gallery/IrhGZ
    Which means the fold is actually line of Altitude/Parallel ?

EDIT: sorry for my childish drawing skill but one part of myself thinks it is pretty fitting the mystery map itself..like great Marco, trying to hit/land on unknown continent in far....

EDIT2: yeah, it will be totally totally off but it was fun putting everything together

EDIT3: but why 8 days before October 12th.? Because you cannot get any nearer. Try it yourself. 3rd October would point into 13th century while 5th. October would point into 15th century.... :-) 8 days because 2018 has the 8 at the very end.Ok,it is lame i know
    Last edited by Daruwind; October 01, 2018 at 10:00 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Could be DLC for LM/Skaven with DoW or that Vampire Pirate as FLC.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Could be DLC for LM/Skaven with DoW or that Vampire Pirate as FLC.
    FLCs are locked to be Druchii and then Lizardmen LL. This time everything points to the Druchii one and some hints/leaks were about Malus Darkblade.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

New teaser by Grace_Ca on reddit.

Boy do I hope it's not a pirate DLC. I'd be cool with a pirate lord in Sartosa as part of a Southern Realms/DoW DLC but a full pirate-themed DLC is not something I look forward to and would probably skip.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; October 03, 2018 at 10:50 AM.

Patrician Artifex

These hints are quite confusing... They seem to point to naval battle / ships; may be Vampire Coast.... But I wouldn't have expected this.... We'll know more tomorrow