Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 771

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

  1. #41
    Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Republica de Venezuela
    Posts
    6,393

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    I hope they include naval battles on the third one and for the love of Sigmar some strategy and logistic for the strategic map.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

  2. #42
    Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the north way
    Posts
    13,886

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Sup with you guys claiming you're "hardcore" fans. I thought hardcore fans were dedicated. All you people do is moan and complain and threatening to not buy the games. Hardly hardcore at all actually, you're history fans not TW fans.

    I've owned and played every TW since Med 1. And with my lifelong expertise, Warhammer is one of the best titles they ever released from a purely TW standpoint. Lots of innovation, lots of new mechanics while the basics are still there. Would I like a historical title? Sure. But Warhammer is a proven success at this point so I'm all for continuing the experience with yet another batch of unique TW mechanics the new races will bring. Or you know, complain about siege battles and go back to planting hoplites in shield wall formation at that barbarian village chokepoint. As a hardcore fan I've seen that scenario play out a few hundred times in four or so different games.
    Last edited by Påsan; March 31, 2017 at 07:07 PM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    I always thought total war was a game for historical fans and not just casual gamers that would play every video game they can get their hands on ive seen all of those years a dedicated fan base of the total war series that were around here because of their passion for historical recreation, i really really dont get it why on earth ca would make a 180 degrees turn towards something completely different from what it always was...
    thanks ca for making me not bother about the only video game that i was ever geniunly interested in, also thanks for alienating the fan base core
    Well for me that reason is pretty obvious. Warhammer was their best selling title ever was it not?? Of course they are going to give it priority over a historical title.

    Also, people seem to be either unaware or ignoring this, but there is a historical title in develpment...

  4. #44

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    I always thought total war was a game for historical fans and not just casual gamers that would play every video game they can get their hands on ive seen all of those years a dedicated fan base of the total war series that were around here because of their passion for historical recreation, i really really dont get it why on earth ca would make a 180 degrees turn towards something completely different from what it always was...
    thanks ca for making me not bother about the only video game that i was ever geniunly interested in, also thanks for alienating the fan base core
    Your post pretty much sums up a huge percent of the TW community. You are perfectly right in everything you say... but CA is not CA anymore, it's owned by SEGA, a defunct relic of the past whose greatest assets are Total War, Football Manager and Sonic. So long as SEGA owns CA we will always get this kind of garbage shoved down our throats. It's a shame really because while TW was a staple of RTS gaming Warhammer will NEVER ING EVER scratch the surface of fantasy RTS. Not even in a billion years will TW games have the same depth as Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2 or any other fantasy base series no matter how hard they try. The one distinctive feature of TW, expect the graphics, was always the historical setting. I'm quite curious where SEGA will take this series once they'll kill off the historical parts of it. But there's one thing I know for sure: it will never ever ing compete with hardcore RTSes such as SC2, WC3 or Ashes of the Singularity.

  5. #45
    Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Living End
    Posts
    3,079

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    So is everybody just gonna gloss over the fact that CA, for the very first time in the TW franchise, are expanding the campaign map for base game with an expansion? I've been wanting them to do this since Med I. Kinda excited to them try something bold like that for an expak finally.(Even though it's an expand-alone.)
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

  6. #46
    God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect
    Moderator Emeritus

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    21,640

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx Hatmen View Post
    So is everybody just gonna gloss over the fact that CA, for the very first time in the TW franchise, are expanding the campaign map for base game with an expansion? I've been wanting them to do this since Med I. Kinda excited to them try something bold like that for an expak finally.(Even though it's an expand-alone.)
    Not that people are glossing over it, just that it's not a surprise since they said they would do it from the start. Personally I'm pleased that they are keeping their word since I could have easily have seen them go "after testing we couldn't get it to work" so nice that they knew they could do it from the start.
    A bit of a shame that it wasn't at release but if they want to get the whole Vortex thing in the grand campaign and want the community to get involved with testing then I'm fine with waiting a few weeks.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by grasu View Post
    Your post pretty much sums up a huge percent of the TW community. You are perfectly right in everything you say... but CA is not CA anymore, it's owned by SEGA, a defunct relic of the past whose greatest assets are Total War, Football Manager and Sonic. So long as SEGA owns CA we will always get this kind of garbage shoved down our throats. It's a shame really because while TW was a staple of RTS gaming Warhammer will NEVER ING EVER scratch the surface of fantasy RTS. Not even in a billion years will TW games have the same depth as Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2 or any other fantasy base series no matter how hard they try. The one distinctive feature of TW, expect the graphics, was always the historical setting. I'm quite curious where SEGA will take this series once they'll kill off the historical parts of it. But there's one thing I know for sure: it will never ever ing compete with hardcore RTSes such as SC2, WC3 or Ashes of the Singularity.
    You are not in the majority, you are a minority in the total war community. Total War Warhammer has sold more then any total war game ever, so of course they are going to make more of it, they are a business they are here to make money. total war has never been historical it has actually been laughably ahistorical and arcadey. total war isn't "hardcore" anymore, because it never was.
    Last edited by Frunk; April 08, 2017 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Personal references & unnecessary comments removed.

  8. #48
    Daruwind's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Well for me that reason is pretty obvious. Warhammer was their best selling title ever was it not?? Of course they are going to give it priority over a historical title.

    Also, people seem to be either unaware or ignoring this, but there is a historical title in develpment...
    This is not about priority. Games workshop is very very very serious about their license and they want a lot of control so that´s proably reason why trilogy part after part.... which really push next history title to 2018/2019...

    And don´t forget that rome2 /atilla will probably get some new campaigns in near future. And i really look forward to all these things. Warhammer trilogy, new historical title in future and would love even these new things for rome2 /attila

  9. #49
    ♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.
    Posts
    5,652

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    I always thought total war was a game for historical fans and not just casual gamers that would play every video game they can get their hands on ive seen all of those years a dedicated fan base of the total war series that were around here because of their passion for historical recreation, i really really dont get it why on earth ca would make a 180 degrees turn towards something completely different from what it always was...
    thanks ca for making me not bother about the only video game that i was ever geniunly interested in, also thanks for alienating the fan base core
    Lol, you thought Total War wasn't for casual gamers? Total Was has always been casual. Honestly, the Civilization games have more complexity than Total War.

    I love Total War, it's my favorite series, but the idea that it's some kind of complex strategy wargame is extremely laughable. Mods are the only thing that have ever brought even an inkling of the sort of depth you're imagining Total War to have.


    On topic, however, I am very disappointed that there are no naval battles. I distinctly recall one of the CA crew saying they were a possibility at some point after the game was worked on more. I hope they change their mind later, because this is the biggest Warhammer Fantasy strategy game made so far and it would be a shame to miss out on the really awesome naval warfare that's mentioned in the lore. Between Dwarfen ironclads, monstrous Black Arks, Imperial Great Ships, and horrifying sea monsters like the Black Leviathan and Megalodons, it would be almost an entire new game in of itself.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

  10. #50

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    I for myself am happy that they decided to sit down a while at one project. We have seen enough half-made games since Empire total war. Shogun 2 and Warhammer are the only ones that can stand in daylight as vanilla compared to other titles that came after medieval 2. Do we really want them to churn out a historic total war every year, even when we know every third game is only complete?
    Totally agree with this.

    Glad I missed this rage of some people wanting another historical TW. I would really love Renaissance historical TW but only IF it is done right. Warhammer TW is making some great steps in the right direction especially with Terry and mod support. Warhammer will be the greatest TW trilogy for a decade or more due to that alone not even counting the expanding campaign map.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Why do people still think that TW games are historical? They cover a historical era yes. But its mainly a joke. Also a new title doesnt mean a step forward. CA seriously needs to change the way the game handles and the mechanics its based upon. Personally im satisfied with the announcement. Its what i expected and honestly quite soon. I dont really care about naval battles though.


  12. #52

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    SKAVEN!

  13. #53

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    People are urinating themselves over a glorified dlc that should have been part of the game in the first time. "Colossal new combined campaign" for both warhammer owners, en pathetic.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

  14. #54
    ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    European Union , Romania , Constanta
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    So the Vortex campaign will be comparable in size with the Old World map yet when they will launch the new enlarged map, for those who own both games, they will add like 3 more continents.
    How much bigger will this map be ? Watching at maps of the Warhammer universe, it seems it will be like 5 times bigger than the original Warhammer TW game.

  15. #55
    ♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.
    Posts
    5,652

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by youngfool View Post
    People are urinating themselves over a glorified dlc that should have been part of the game in the first time. "Colossal new combined campaign" for both warhammer owners, en pathetic.
    What in the world are you talking about? This is a gigantic new campaign map, four new factions, and everything that goes with those two things.

    Imagine CA releases a game about Renaissance Europe, and then releases another game about the same time period but covering both American continents and allowing the two campaign maps to be combined into a single grand campaign for owners of both games.

    That's the equivalent of what they are doing here.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

  16. #56

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Childish behaviour i call it. People get angry and envious when they dont get what they want hoping that complaining about it on the internet will make it better. It happens.
    Just suck it up is my advice to them.


  17. #57

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by youngfool View Post
    People are urinating themselves over a glorified dlc that should have been part of the game in the first time. "Colossal new combined campaign" for both warhammer owners, en pathetic.
    S1 - S1 - Barbarian Invasion
    M1 - M1 Addon
    M2 - M2 Kingdoms
    Empire - Napoleon
    R2 - Attila?

    Its not really new development that they sell something that could have been already been included in the first game.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    I always thought total war was a game for historical fans and not just casual gamers that would play every video game they can get their hands on ive seen all of those years a dedicated fan base of the total war series that were around here because of their passion for historical recreation, i really really dont get it why on earth ca would make a 180 degrees turn towards something completely different from what it always was...
    thanks ca for making me not bother about the only video game that i was ever geniunly interested in, also thanks for alienating the fan base core
    So you are not happy that this time they actually sit down at a project fully instead of churning out half-made games with historical stamp on them? Have you not played the total war series? I am excited that finally they changed their business model to something that allows them possibly to reach their full potential as game makers.
    Last edited by Dumanthis; April 01, 2017 at 02:32 AM.

  19. #59
    antred's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,090

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Good job, CA. If you were looking for the most efficient way to anger your loyal customer base even more, you've found it. It wasn't this juvenile fantasy arcade nonsense that made the TW series a success.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

    Quote Originally Posted by antred View Post
    Good job, CA. If you were looking for the most efficient way to anger your loyal customer base even more, you've found it. It wasn't this juvenile fantasy arcade nonsense that made the TW series a success.
    I think its the other way round, if they would have delayed WH2 they would have angered much more customers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •