Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Unless they release a campaign pack with multiple races Southern Realms/Dogs of War seems like the only option, which I'd be more than ok with because Cataph's Southern Realms mod is one of my favourites.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Look like the mosnter secret for DE can be activated. According to CA all kind of DE battles counts...Question is,for what. Cannot find any answer yet. Maybe it is some global limit to be met and then something will unlock?

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Look like the mosnter secret for DE can be activated. According to CA all kind of DE battles counts...Question is,for what. Cannot find any answer yet. Maybe it is some global limit to be met and then something will unlock?
    Best suggestion I've seen is "however many it takes to get to Monday..."

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

It is probably the same as the little button for pedestrian on traffic light. If you don't push it, you have to wait 120 secondes. IF you push it, you only have to wait 2 minutes

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Something tells me Cathay is going to come in Warhammer 3 if Three Kingdoms is successful which it'll be.

What about getting WH4 if WH3 is success?

Patrician Artifex

Cathay in WH3 because of 3K Was my prediction months ago... Way to make a new factions "cheap" by reusing assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Cathay in WH3 because of 3K Was my prediction months ago... Way to make a new factions "cheap" by reusing assets.
    Can you link me to the post where you made this prediction?

Exactly, it would be foolish not to presume that Cathay is also in development since CA is promoting a heavily themed China centric game.

Do you think Cathay will come? There's a lot of determined fans trying to prevent Araby(Which is coming sooner or later after Dogs of War) Nippon and Cathay to come.

I think CA will bite the bullet. I mean no one, no one was expecting CA to first deliver a major dlc pack for Rome II which was very surprising. Then the announcement of the Tomb Kings, then huge updates. If you ask me, CA isn't going for comfortability. It seems like they're taking a risk with everything. First TOB, and now Three Kingdoms which is still in development phase.

They will announce Cathay and Ind. My prediction. But more so Cathay to get more Chinese players into their market. If it's one thing Chinese players(not an accurate statement) like, it's playing their fantasy heroes far more. So Cathay will come. It has to come if CA is side by side promoting a heavily historical Chinese game.

And no I do not accept the table top argument that Cathay can't come. Norsca may have had models, but according to my opinion, I don't think it was a full faction. The Wood Elves got some expansion as well.

So Cathay will come.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; June 11, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

Patrician Artifex

This thread... where the last reply is yours

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-Warhammer-3

This thread... where the last reply is yours

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...in-Warhammer-3
    Thanks, but there's one problem I saw. The datamine leak map for Game 3 doesn't extend to the far parts of the world that we would both like. How do you think CA might work this time around?

Patrician Artifex

Simple... make a new map. Did you have the Vortex map in the initial data leak? No. Maybe they had not yet finish the detailed design of WH3, when the first leak was revealed.

That´s the question. Of course multiple things could get changed. According to dataleakd info Skaven were supposed to be DLC campaign pack for instance...but on other hand the map is very accurate for ME campaign. And comparing Vortex and ME map, i can imagine that this could be final ME2.0 ..we will simply get new WH3 main campaign as we have Vortex in WH2. Doesn´t mean I like it. I would prefer even little bolder map even for WH2 parts. Honestly if Cathay is in, then Ind and Nippon too. This is all or nothing probably...

Simple... make a new map. Did you have the Vortex map in the initial data leak? No. Maybe they had not yet finish the detailed design of WH3, when the first leak was revealed.
    #

I don't think Cathay even across their minds tbh when they announced it. There's this argument that if you add Ind or Nippon it'll crash the game which is total bollocks. They could be squeezed in np as you state. Or they could go the Empire Route which separated the three maps which prevented a lot of problems from arising. Now that they announced Three Kingdoms (I bet this was kept in secret in the office to the fantasy teams.) The devs could be 'tempted'. Plus I read an article and an interview that CA is having an open mind to put minor factions in, it's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    That´s the question. Of course multiple things could get changed. According to dataleakd info Skaven were supposed to be DLC campaign pack for instance...but on other hand the map is very accurate for ME campaign. And comparing Vortex and ME map, i can imagine that this could be final ME2.0 ..we will simply get new WH3 main campaign as we have Vortex in WH2. Doesn´t mean I like it. I would prefer even little bolder map even for WH2 parts. Honestly if Cathay is in, then Ind and Nippon too. This is all or nothing probably...
    You are correct in the assumption that if next Warhammer 3 campaign map will be like the Vortex. But then they'll strip elements of it to make a greatly reduced map and then added it into the final ME2.0.#

CA's first major game was going to be an RPG set in the Journey to the West. (I am hinting that if Three Kingdoms, more of it is shown and by the time of release, there's going to be a lot of discussions whether CA will implement Cathay into Warhammer 3.)

As Steph says, CA has the assets from ETW especially for Indians, CA has the assets from Shogun 2 (simply recycle the assets) to make a faction, and CA def has the assets from Three Kingdoms to appear in Warhammer 3.

I found this campaign preview map shot of E3 for Three Kingdoms, someone posted it onto the forums. Cathay CAN BE ADDED IN.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...l-world#latest

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; June 14, 2018 at 02:02 PM.

Update details are out, secret is Kharibdyss :-))
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...ribdyss-update

The Kharibdyss is a free addition to the Dark Elves roster for all owners of The Queen & The Crone DLC, and will be available from 15:00 BST on the 21st of June.

• Rebalanced Crone Hellebron’s Cursed Blade ability by removing the phase recharge and changing the phase to deal up to 144 to a single target when the phase is applied. The phase can be reapplied every ten seconds.
    • Rogue armies will now spawn correctly in campaigns.
    • Arkhan’s Legion of Death skill will now add factionwide buffs to Fell Bats, Crypt Ghouls, Dire Wolves and Hex Wraiths.
    • Bone Giant has had the undead trait removed and the construct trait added as well as +10 Leadership.
    • Bretonnian starting armies have been changed back to what they were prior to The Queen and the Crone update.
    • Diplomacy Greetings for Dark Elf factions will now use the correct VO actors.
    • Black Ark Admirals will no longer be able to obtain The Sword of Khaine.
    • Sword of Khaine will no longer be lost when the Lord’s army does not participate in a battle as a reinforcing army due to Lightning Strike and the allied army suffers a loss.
    • AI will now upgrade Gaean Vale.
    • AI will now build Handmaiden’s Gallery.
    • Norsca and Wintertooth can no longer build minor defense buildings in province captials.
    • Gianthome Mountains will now have a garrison force.
    • Dreadlord of Hag Graef will now unlock after building The Dark Crag.

Patrician Artifex

Good news... but I will have to update my mod... again...

What even is that? Just a reskinned Hydra?

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

That was my first impression of it
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

For those not visiting reddit a lot we got some hints,leaks and conclusion in the last few days, following with post from Grace_CA:

Grace´s post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...nempire_leaks/

Might be easier to put it in one thread so everyone can see it.
    I have to say that some of these VO lines and units were a surprise to me as well… To be honest, our next Lords Pack isn’t due out until 2019 for a start, so while I appreciate the excitement you might want to hang onto it (although our next Campaign Pack will be out this year although not until later in the year).
    In terms of the units, it seems as though we’ve had VO lines recorded for every unit we’ve briefly mentioned thinking about doing. With audio, once you’ve got someone in, it makes sense to do as much as possible in one go, so a lot of units that we’ve thought about doing have been recorded in case. All of those have been bundled together and that’s why there may be lines for units which we currently have no plans to do (but that doesn’t mean it’ll never happen).
    Hope that makes sense – hate to be a buzzkill, but figured honesty is the best policy here!

What was it all about? People found some unused VO lines especially for Skaven units, probably hinting next Lord Pack (Skaven/Lizardmen) and even some about Empire´s Panther/White Wolf knights.

Main conclusion is,confirmed by Grace, we will get Campaign pack later this year, Lord pack 2019 and knights were prerecorded just to have all possible things and currently have no plans for them. Right now, no idea about future If you are interested in details, lower are probably all of relevant links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...st_from_steam/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._hope_for_the/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._seem_to_tell/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...he_white_wolf/
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 06, 2018 at 08:32 AM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

The TW subreddit seems to be having a mini-meltdown. It is pretty disappointing that the next lord pack is so far away, hopefully there will be some FLC content this year as well because just the campaign pack is very meagre.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    The TW subreddit seems to be having a mini-meltdown. It is pretty disappointing that the next lord pack is so far away, hopefully there will be some FLC content this year as well because just the campaign pack is very meagre.
    I hate to admit it, but there is no point buying Total War games nowadays until a couple years after release. I'll elaborate, the DLC for this particular title has been extremely slow compared to the last. They don't release full campaigns at launch either. They release bits and pieces with filler.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; July 09, 2018 at 10:25 AM.