Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Well I finally bit the bullet and bought this Warhammer II malarkey and I have to say that it seems a very polished game by the few hours I have played it.
    However I have noticed in bigger battle the A.I. seems to lose cohesion and battles become just mass blob with no "rank and file" is this normal?
    It has to be said that I am no great lover of fantasy and magic, much preferring History based strategy....Warhammer II might grown on me....it just might!
    Looking forward to Britannia
    I think I only actively uses magic in maybe 5% of the battles.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I think I only actively uses magic in maybe 5% of the battles.
    Nice to see you sir....thats a good idea! minimum use of magic!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

New blog post about what team is working on - https://www.totalwar.com/blog/wttwo-03-18

Minor info for WH2, Norsca will be released with new Lord pack as was Warlords/Kings for WH1. So that will bring a lot toys finally to play

FANTASY NEW CONTENT TEAM – NORSCA & MORE:
    Since Rise of the Tomb Kings releasing earlier this year it’s fair to say we’ve had no down time as our focus has been very much on Norsca and ensuring we meet our May date to implement it within WARHAMMER II.

As you may have read about already, Norsca has been a bit of beast in terms of wrestling it into shape for WARHAMMER II, with a good chunk of the project being rebuilt from scratch to work with WARHAMMER II’s code base. In doing this it has given us the opportunity to revisit a few aspects of the race and gear them up for their first tastes of sacking and razing the lands of the New World, in the forms of new technologies and Monster Hunts.
    Beyond the campaign side of things we have been bringing Norsca up to par with the WH II races for battles and also re-introducing the 30th Birthday Regiments of Renown for you to play with. We plan to tie all of this in with the next DLC for WARHAMMER II which we can confirm will be a ‘Lords Pack’, in a similar vein to the King & the Warlord for the first game.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Not a real announcement... but

FANTASY TEAM – PRE-PRODUCTION:

Currently in early pre-production, it is dark and quiet in this team’s corner of the studio. Visitors do not dally long.

So, it seems they started on WH3

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Currently in early pre-production, it is dark and quiet in this team’s corner of the studio. Visitors do not dally long.So, it seems they started on WH3
    Dally long means waste time +/- right? So it sounds like Chaos Wastes or Darklands?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Dally long = they don't wait/hang around. So yep, probably something evil like that.

Anyway, next FLC for WH2 should be Lizardman, so Lord pack would be HE/DE (would be boring to have 3x HE/DE, we have already skaven...so Lizardman LL is left). With Norsca and 30th RoR that would be quite content for WH2 in May. :-)

Patrician Artifex

Beside, the FLC array shows a Pyramid, so very likely Lizardmen.

DLC with HE/DE seems logical then.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Please let it be Araby. Please let it be Araby!

Patrician Artifex

I doubt Araby can be done with a simple FLC, so the kind of golden sky we can guess under the fog in the image above is probably something else

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I doubt Araby can be done with a simple FLC, so the kind of golden sky we can guess under the fog in the image above is probably something else
    Araby has the city names, so all it needs are Lords, city models, and army units. The Golden Sky is only stuff you see in desert stuff.

RII got a Desert Kingdoms DLC. W2 had a TK release and they hint revealed Araby by pronouncing its cities.

If Araby comes, then the hope for CIN for Game 3 is well and alive. If not, then we can hope, but it's an impossible hope.

I still think Araby can come. I really wish it would.

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Araby has the city names, so all it needs are Lords, city models, and army units. The Golden Sky is only stuff you see in desert stuff.

RII got a Desert Kingdoms DLC. W2 had a TK release and they hint revealed Araby by pronouncing its cities.

If Araby comes, then the hope for CIN for Game 3 is well and alive. If not, then we can hope, but it's an impossible hope.

I still think Araby can come. I really wish it would.
    Ye, Araby might come but not as FLC. These FLC are small. Just single LL maybe a few units at best. Araby is in same boat as Norsca was. We will see 2x Lord pack DLC featuring HE/DE, Lizardmen/Skavens. After that we might see another faction pack ala Beastmen/Wood Elves/Tomb Kings...we have some hints about Tilea/Estalia (some techs, Miragliano being only 10 slot faction capitol without playable faction...). After if everything goes well we might see another free faction as Brettonia (ME is not for everybody..) and at the very end we might see preorder faction for WH3 ala Norsca....but question is, if Araby could be on map for WH3..definitely it is not so far from Darklands.

With Estalia/Tilea featuring mercenaries, RoR, maybe adding aspects of Rogue Armies...adding special units/RoR as Amazons, Ogres,...basically Dogs of War THEN Araby is probably next most possible thing. Especially as Araby can be easily represented on both Vortex/ME campaign map (that´s important!).
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 15, 2018 at 07:06 PM.

As for the next 'Lords Pack' DLC, I am starting to think that it will feature Alith Anar VS. Lokhir Fellheart, instead of Alarielle VS. Hellebron.

Aside from the Shadow Warriors and the Kharibdyss leak, both the Shadow King and the Krakenlord have potentially more interesting and challenging starting positions (Nagarythe and Karond Kar; although Fellheart being an adventurous corsair lord he could very well start on another continent, much like Teclis and Kroq-Gar) than the Everqueen and the Blood Queen (Avelorn and Har Ganeth both seem too safe to me, plus we would end up with 3 DE LLs on the same continent, which makes the different starting positions kind of redundant).

If we get 3 totally new units per faction like in the King and Warlord DLC, then I predict it to be Shadow Warriors, Lion Chariots and Lothern Skycutter for HE (Sisters of Avelorn and Handmaidens of the Everqueen are IMO more likely to join later alongside Alarielle); and Sisters of Slaughter, Scourgerunner Chariots (or Bloodwrack Medusae) and Kharibdyss for DE.

For the regular lords, we may get Archmage, or even Dragon Mage or Lothern Sea Helm (with Skycutter as mount option) for HE; and probably High Beastmaster or Black Ark Fleetmaster for DE (although Supreme Sorceress is also possible).
    Last edited by Dingkuhn; March 16, 2018 at 05:05 AM.

Patrician Artifex

I agree Araby could be interesting, but as a DLC (too big for a FLC). And probably for WH2 /ME. I think the WH3 map will not include Araby, it will be east. And Araby is already on WH2 map.

I'm working on an HE overhaul. Including Sisters that I should do this week end from the resources we have... so no perfect.

Any new units in DLC will be welcome.
    If we get Sisters, I'll be happy to get better textures/variants to upgrade mine.
    If we don't, I will be happy that may work to fill the gap is still useful.

What I'd really love to get is the Lion Chariot / Skycutter, because these cannot be easily modded, while Shadow warriors/sisters, can be modded (not perfect, but good enough).
    Last edited by Steph; March 16, 2018 at 05:40 AM.

Who uses chariots anyway? And especially flying ones......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I use the archer chariots quite a lot early game Tomb Kings, great for skirmishing and getting that rear charge on infantry, especially since they're just like the normal chariot but with bows, so they still have quite the combat ability against infantry
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Steam's 20 biggest earners of 2017 have been revealed by Steam Spy:

1. PUBG - $600M
    2. CS:GO - $120M
    3. Grand Theft Auto V - $83M
    4. Call of Duty:World War II - $41M
    5. Civilization VI - $39M
    6. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - $38M
    7. Divinity: Original Sin 2 - $37M
    8. Ghost Recon Wildands - $33M
    9. Total War: Warhammer II - $32M
    10. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - $31M
    11. Rainbow 6: Siege - $30M
    12. NieR: Automata - $29M
    13. ARK: Survival Evolved - $28M
    14. For Honor - $26M
    15. Assassin's Creed: Origins - $25M
    16. Resident Evil 7 - $24M
    17. Dark Souls III - $24M
    18. Rocket League $23M
    19. Football Manager 2018 - $23M
    20. Cuphead - $22M

original reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._9th_place_by/
    and article itself http://www.game-debate.com/news/2476...-total-revenue

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Witcher 3 at #6

So May is slowly coming and with it the content for WH2. ItalianSparacus did nice new video about what else might be there in the future. The best info is probably that Steam DB is showing usually all planned DLCs but not FLCs and because WH2 is having 7 uknown DB entries....minus twice Lord Packs, minus probably one new Race Pack that´s still 4 more to go. Norsca was not on the original DLC list but Bretonnia update was so if we will get like Augustus/Emperor edition update or Bretonnia update, that could be also one entry. Would be nice to get some updates for Wh1 factions...

There are probably two reasons. First is, CA decided to slow down pace of DLC releasing due to WH1 feedback or maybe even due to reason number 2, which is: 3K release is scheduled for Q3 2018 and that might delay Wh3 release from Winter 2018/2019 to like middle 2019 or even September 2019?? (old expectation for Wh3 was like : Wh1 - May 2016... Wh2 - Semptember 2017 ...Wh3 - December 2018/ January 2019?).

But back to sure stuff. In May we should get:
    New Dual Lord Pack (with some units like 7 if it will be like WH1 Lord Packs + RoR for these factions) + FLC LL + Norsca finally! + 30th RoR + skills and final changes from Wh1.
    ((One FLC is already out. Trentch for Skavens. So my analytical mind would say that the Lord Pack won´t be Skavens/Lizardmen but HE/DE just to spread things up nicely so the FLC would be then for Lizardmen. Plus according to FLC plan the next FLC is like orange...strangely fitting to Lizardmen Jungle...maybe.... Accepting bets how much I will miss))

Patrician Artifex

"Orange" could also be desert with an Araby DLC? It could fit both on Vortex and ME maps.