Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Hopefully the removal of the mini campaigns means they can spend more resources on more unique unit animations and more interesting mechanics overall; remains to be seen if it's worth the cost, though personally I never had a problem with the price and I'm really looking forward to Tomb Kings.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Hopefully the removal of the mini campaigns means they can spend more resources on more unique unit animations and more interesting mechanics overall; remains to be seen if it's worth the cost, though personally I never had a problem with the price and I'm really looking forward to Tomb Kings.
    From the gameplay I have seen they definitely look extremely unique in every way compared to most else we have gotten - which is pretty nice. Full price though, for the 4 lords (factions) it's almost like $20. Now I am not complaining too much about it. I'd pay that near full price for things like Realm of The Wood Elves and I have never touched the campaign that came with wood elves for example, but this DLC definitely does seem bigger and deeper for the same price. Should be fine if you prefer the grand campaign. Things like the beastmen - one I still haven't bought, even on sale. That one wasn't worth it at all!

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    From the gameplay I have seen they definitely look extremely unique in every way compared to most else we have gotten - which is pretty nice. Full price though, for the 4 lords (factions) it's almost like $20. Now I am not complaining too much about it. I'd pay that near full price for things like Realm of The Wood Elves and I have never touched the campaign that came with wood elves for example, but this DLC definitely does seem bigger and deeper for the same price. Should be fine if you prefer the grand campaign. Things like the beastmen - one I still haven't bought, even on sale. That one wasn't worth it at all!
    CA getting better and better with each DLC. At least it seems to me. From Beastmen to WE to Norsca and now TK :-)

Anyway, Starting positions now officially from Grace. Skaven lord will be revealed later, really clan Rictus:

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

New blog post with updated unit list for TKs : https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-roster-reveal

BASE ROSTER –
    Melee Legendary Lord Settra
    Mounts: Skeletal Steed, Chariot of the Gods, Warsphinx
    Caster Legendary Lord High Queen Khalida
    Mounts: Skeleton Chariot, Necroserpent
    Caster Legendary Lord Arkhan the Black
    Mounts: Skeletal Steed, Skeleton Chariot
    Caster Legendary Lord Grand Hierophant Khatep
    Mounts: Skeletal Steed, Skeleton Chariot, Casket of Souls
    Melee Hero Tomb Prince
    Mounts: Skeletal Steed, Skeleton Chariot
    Melee Hero Necrotect
    Mounts: Skeletal Chariot
    Caster Hero Liche Priest
    Mounts: Skeletal Steed

Melee Infantry Skeleton Warriors
    Melee Infantry Skeleton Spearmen
    Melee Infantry Nehekhara Warriors
    Melee Infantry Tomb Guard
    Melee Infantry Tomb Guard (Halberd)
    Missile Infantry Skeleton Archers
    Spear Cavalry Skeleton Horsemen
    Melee Cavalry Nehekhara Horsemen
    Chariot Skeleton Chariots
    Missile Cavalry Skeleton Horse Archers
    Missile Chariot Skeleton Archer Chariots
    Flying War Beasts Carrion
    Monstrous Infantry Ushabti
    Monstrous Missile Infantry Ushabti (Great Bows)
    Monstrous Infantry Sepulchral Stalkers
    Monstrous Cavalry Necropolis Knights
    Monstrous Cavalry Necropolis Knights (Halberds)
    Monster Tomb Scorpion
    Monster Khemrian Warsphinx
    Monster Necrosphinx
    Magical Monster Hierotitan
    Catapult Screaming Skull Catapult
    Magical Artillery Casket of Souls

LEGIONS OF LEGEND (Campaign only and obtained via the Mortuary Cult)
    Usirian’s Legion of the Netherworld Ethereal Nehekhara Warriors with improved damage
    Storm Riders of Khsar Faster Nehekhara Horsemen with improved charge bonus, health and armour
    The Flock of Djaf Faster & Larger Carrion with Death From Above ability
    Venom Knights of Asaph Larger Necropolis Knights with more health, charge bonus and armour

REGIMENTS OF RENOWN (Campaign and Multiplayer and obtained through the Regiments of Renown recruitment panel)
    King Nekhesh’s Scorpion Legion Skeleton Spearmen with poison attacks and medium armour
    The Khepra Guard Dual wielding tomb guards with regeneration
    Blessed Legion of Phakth Skeleton Archers with longer range, medium armour and armour sundering projectiles
    Chosen of the Gods Ushabti (Great Bows) with ‘Shieldbreaker’ contact effect and shrapnel projectiles
    Eyes of the Desert Sepulchral Stalkers with Stalk ability
    The Sphinx of Usekph Necrosphinx with Magical and Fire attacks and more health

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Got a question for Warhammer 2. Did they introduce new features in terms of game mechanics from warhammer 1? I'm more interested of the changes in battle gameplay.

So did they changed something or is it just a full clone of warhammer 1 that only changed maps and factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Got a question for Warhammer 2. Did they introduce new features in terms of game mechanics from warhammer 1? I'm more interested of the changes in battle gameplay.

So did they changed something or is it just a full clone of warhammer 1 that only changed maps and factions?
    Vortex campaign has its own Vortex mechanism (at least for 4 core factions - HE/DE/Lizardmen/Skaven)
    Factions have 4 rites to perform
    Factions are quite different even in comparisson to WH1. Each has quite different mechanism like slaves for DE, diplomacy for HE, skavens are living in ruins + food mechanism, Lizardmen and their geomantic web...
    Ruins exploration + sea treasures
    Rogue armies
    Heroes level cap higher + more better skills...
    New Mortal Empire combined map

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Vortex campaign has its own Vortex mechanism (at least for 4 core factions - HE/DE/Lizardmen/Skaven)
    Factions have 4 rites to perform
    Factions are quite different even in comparisson to WH1. Each has quite different mechanism like slaves for DE, diplomacy for HE, skavens are living in ruins + food mechanism, Lizardmen and their geomantic web...
    Ruins exploration + sea treasures
    Rogue armies
    Heroes level cap higher + more better skills...
    New Mortal Empire combined map
    All the changes still sounds like an expansion for me. I guess selling this for full price is too much. But I appreciate the reply though it really helped, thanks.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post

Battles are not exactly different than Warhammer 1 except maybe some new magic and stats are bit different than Warhammer 1 (Warhammer 1 factions got updated stats based on Warhammer 2 factions for ME & MP campaigns/battles though not retrofitted back into Warhammer 1 game.

Most of the new features are campaign related where there's more stories in the Vortex campaign, rites, better skill progression, better traits (visually).

Only changes battle wise (that I can think off) is firebreath attack (for dragons etc) and the ability for Skaven to spawn additional units from the ground (those it's technically similar to Vampire raise dead features.

Battles do feel a bit longer than Warhammer 1 though.

New blog post - looks like Bretonnia is getting small rework + some bugs + tweaks... https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

Tech overhaul - beefed up, with 20 additional technologies (+32 original)

-add 4 new skills for each of the Bretonnian Legendary Lords on top of what they already have. Each are specific to the areas the characters are famous for. Here’s a quick peek at Louen’s batch:

-Also available is Tretch Craventail, Warhammer II’s first free Legendary Lord. He exemplifies the Skaven qualities of underhandedness, furtiveness and sublime guile, and he occupies a unique starting position up in Naggaroth. You can download him free from Steam’s Warhammer II page extra content listings.

Bretonnia additions

• New skills for Louen Leoncoeur: Fount of Honour, Respected by All, Clarion Calls and Exemplary Conduct
    • New skills for Alberic de Bordeleaux: Lead from the Front, Coastal Expansion, Shipping Lanes, Appoint Reeves
    • New skills for the Fay Enchantress: Beacon of Devotion, Sacred Duty, Lady of the Land, Secrets of the Otherworld
    • New Bretonnia technology: Secure Shores Decree
    • New Bretonnia technology: Sewer Cleaning Decree
    • New Bretonnia technology: Desert Purge Decree
    • New Bretonnia technology: Overseas Diplomacy
    • New Bretonnia technology: Support Religious Errantry
    • New Bretonnia technology: Encourage Fanaticism
    • New Bretonnia technology: Temple Tithes
    • New Bretonnia technology: Commission Carpenters
    • New Bretonnia technology: Longer Spears
    • New Bretonnia technology: Professional Fletchers
    • New Bretonnia technology: Siege Engineering
    • New Bretonnia technology: Registered Draft
    • New Bretonnia technology: Hay Stores
    • New Bretonnia technology: Farriers
    • New Bretonnia technology: Blinker Hoods
    • New Bretonnia technology: Improved Smelters
    • New Bretonnia technology: Glazing Kilns
    • New Bretonnia technology: Steel Furnaces
    • New Bretonnia technology: Master Swordsmiths
    • New Bretonnia technology: Regular Tournaments
    • New legendary building in Parravon for Bretonnia, High Elves, Wood Elves: Peaks of Parravon
    • New legendary building in Salzenmund for Bretonnia, Empire, Wood Elves, High Elves, Dark Elves: Forest of Laurelorn
    • New legendary building in Galbaraz for Dwarfs, Greenskins, Skaven: Oathgold Mine
    • New legendary building in Galbaraz for Vampire Counts and a Tomb Kings faction: Ruins of Mourkain

Bug Fixes and Improvements Headline imrpovements:
    • Rebalanced the Grand and Vortex campaigns to reduce Dwarf supremacy.
    • Improved ‘Dropped Orders’/units responsiveness during battles.
    • Increased the length of Multiplayer Campaign objectives (head to head and co-op)
    • Improved Skaven units in auto-resolve.
    • Added a check-box to the army panel in campaign, so when end-turn notifications are disabled, the notifications for the selected army will still be enabled.
    • Battle AI is now less inclined to use deep unit formations (e.g. 5 units deep) and will use more varied and wider formations where appropriate.
    • Campaign Battle difficulty modifiers are now applied to the AI correctly.
    • Battle AI is now less likely to clump when attacking a high Combat Potential unit or Lord, which used to make them easy to kill with ranged units or by flanking the clumped army.
    • Improved the Battle AI outflank analyser to check the number of entities currently in the unit, rather than the initial number. This will prevent the Battle AI from attempting to outflank an already engaged unit and surround single entity units under certain conditions.

Tons and tons and tons of other small tweaks....really i tried to copy it and it was really long even for spoiler :/
    Probably as long as is the list of titles of Settra

Modding

• Added functionality for modders to dynamically load scripting mods to avoid mod conflicts with these types of mods.
    o Technical Details:
    You can now place a “mod” folder inside any of these 3 pack file directories:
     script/campaign
     script/campaign/main_warhammer
     script/campaign/wh2_main_great_vortex
    Placing a .lua script file inside a folder named “mod” in any of the above folders will have it be loaded and the game will attempt to run any function inside the script file that has the same name as the script file.

o Examples:
    Creating a script file in this path “script/campaign/wh2_main_great_vortex/mod/mymod.lua” will have this script file be loaded when in the Vortex campaign, the game will then execute a script function inside this file that is called “mymod” if it exists.
    Creating a script file in this path “script/campaign/mod/cool_mod.lua” will have this script file be loaded when in any campaign, the game will then execute a script function inside this file that is called “cool_mod” if it exists
    Last edited by Daruwind; January 18, 2018 at 07:04 AM.

I'm still waiting for more updates to Mortal Empires before really delving into it. I want Norsca in and regiments of renown for factions like Wood Elves or Brettonia that sorely need them. The difficulty in Very Hard also seems a bit off in Mortal Empires, compared to vortex. The difficulty seems off, because I have single - two settlement factions sending like 4 doomstacks after me one by one, and I mean literal doomstacks. having mortars, and other mid tier units within 20 turns. Absolutely ridiculous. When I played out the battles I could beat them off, but the constant stack after stack makes it more of a chore than anything else. Extremely annoying. I also want more factions, like tomb kings added, the entire south of the map seems like it is really missing them. Same could be said about the Vortex* campaign, it does seem to have a lot of filler factions, but it is much more fleshed out than mortal empires.

I am pretty happy that tretch and one of the tomb kings being moved over to Naggarond. That section of the map specifically the west) needed something, especially variety. Most of it is destroyed wasteland settlements. I could also use a different enemy to fight than either other Dark Elves or billion stacks of long unfleshed-out Norscans when playing Malekith. Morathi could use some pressure from the west as well, since it seems her main focus is just south for the most part.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; January 19, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

Anyone know if the Tomb Kings is the last DLC? Then am just waiting on next xmas sales most likely. Then I can finally play a finished game....

I dont argue with the quality as it's good just I dont agree with the DLC policy. If I had bought the original when it was released I believe I would have had to restart the game due to patched/new content several times.

p.s I might have to stick the game on a new ssd due to the amount of factions/end turn times.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Very unlikely, as it's the first DLC (unless you count the bloodpack which is free if you owned it in WH1). Basically, if you're waiting to play Warhammer 2 until all DLC are released, you'll probably have to wait until Warhammer 3.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Very unlikely, as it's the first DLC (unless you count the bloodpack which is free if you owned it in WH1). Basically, if you're waiting to play Warhammer 2 until all DLC are released, you'll probably have to wait until Warhammer 3.
    Fine by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Anyone know if the Tomb Kings is the last DLC? Then am just waiting on next xmas sales most likely. Then I can finally play a finished game....

I dont argue with the quality as it's good just I dont agree with the DLC policy. If I had bought the original when it was released I believe I would have had to restart the game due to patched/new content several times.

p.s I might have to stick the game on a new ssd due to the amount of factions/end turn times.
    Nope. It is first paid faction DLC. We are expecting two more faction expansion DLCs. One for HE/DE second for Skaven/Lizardmen with new LL and RoR and some units probably (plus FLC LL as well). After that we are probably having another faction DLC, everything is pointing towards Tilea/Estalia/Dogs of War/Mercenaries...Then maybe we will get like final free update for WH2 similar to Bretonnia (Araby?). And then maybe just maybe another faction as preorder for WH3. (Alternative theory is, second faction DLC will feature Skavens + Minicampaign as they are offering a lot clans/LL/units to actually support such DLC. That could shift Tilea/Estalia to ala Bretonnia update and Araby to possible WH3 preorder...but this is just wild speculation )

True true, but sadly I´m not even done with WH1 LL/factions I´m quite slow player.

True for Mortal Empires especially. But I can probably make some sacrifices for such large experience

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Nope. It is first paid faction DLC. We are expecting two more faction expansion DLCs. One for HE/DE second for Skaven/Lizardmen with new LL and RoR and some units probably (plus FLC LL as well). After that we are probably having another faction DLC, everything is pointing towards Tilea/Estalia/Dogs of War/Mercenaries...Then maybe we will get like final free update for WH2 similar to Bretonnia (Araby?). And then maybe just maybe another faction as preorder for WH3. (Alternative theory is, second faction DLC will feature Skavens + Minicampaign as they are offering a lot clans/LL/units to actually support such DLC. That could shift Tilea/Estalia to ala Bretonnia update and Araby to possible WH3 preorder...but this is just wild speculation )

True true, but sadly I´m not even done with WH1 LL/factions I´m quite slow player.

True for Mortal Empires especially. But I can probably make some sacrifices for such large experience
    Well might pick it up next sale if 50% off for base game...

And I am still tinkering with Attilla plus Radious (I wanted to finish a campaign as the Garamantians...).
    Last edited by Totalheadache; January 22, 2018 at 10:05 AM.

Tretch Craventail (Clan Rictus) is on the steam:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/73...ch_Craventail/
    Starting position is really Naggaroth So we are tomorrow getting 5 new LL with Tob Kings together. Cool!
    Last edited by Daruwind; January 22, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Only 5 more hours to go, git hype! I've been tempted to start a new campaign for the past two weeks, but I knew I wouldn't have time to finish it before the Rattle Kings launched. School finishes 15 mins before the launch, so I'll be a bit late for the download, but it'll be the first thing I do when I get home
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

The update is huge 6.3 GB. I won't be able to play until this afternoon, because of how slow my internet is.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    The update is huge 6.3 GB. I won't be able to play until this afternoon, because of how slow my internet is.
    My game was updated in 2 minutes and 33 secs. Checked all 5 new LL are really ingame and that´s it for today. Have to go out with gf

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Played Settra legendary campaign. Took the GS settlement north of starting position. Move to take the empty settlement to the west to make up first full province.

Saw 2 half stacks of GS moving towards their former settlement. Manage to move back Settra army to defend that settlement.

Got attack by that 2 half stack of GS and I saw the map as those bridge type battle which I should easily defend with my half stack plus few garrison.

Turn out the other GS stack came from behind me. Got crushed and sandwiched between the 2 GS stacks.

Quit the game and restart on Normal with Khatep.