Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by Switz View Post
    I just watched the new "Warhammer" movie today and......

I still have zero desire to play this nerdy game with you all. EMPIRE TWOOOOOO!!!!
    There's no warhammer movie.

We don't have 10-20 mins battle even using mods... and yes last TW games are really, really dumbed down and became just a click-fest , they have the same depth of a mobile platform arcade, anyway good for you if you like this stuff m8
    Either you dont understand Total War at all. Or you are just exaggerating because you have trouble getting your point across any other way.

I feel cringe being a history fan and at the same time a Warhammer fan whenever I see someone say how "nerdy" and "silly" Warhammer is, as if that cannot be used against history fans as well.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Switz View Post
    I just watched the new "Warhammer" movie today and......
    There's no warhammer movie.
    Man, I WISH that there was a big-budget Warhammer film! I'd love to see that! And it would get me even MORE pumped to play Warhammer!

Instead, we got an ok WarCRAFT movie with half of the plot about romance (cuz everybody thinks of that when they think Warcraft!). Though, it did really make me want to play Warhammer, though, so I guess that's a win? haha

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    I feel cringe being a history fan and at the same time a Warhammer fan whenever I see someone say how "nerdy" and "silly" Warhammer is, as if that cannot be used against history fans as well.
    Same here, dude. We're all nerds and we should embrace it. Being a nerd playing nerdy things isn't a bad thing. We do what we like and we like what we want to. Nobody is any different from that.

A lot of people just like to belittle others (or the hobbies of others) for liking things that they don't care for, which is a damned shame.

Anyways, I am PUMPED for Warhammer II! I can't wait to play as the Lizardmen! I've always loved the idea of Mayincatec Lizards and the visuals of them fighting against literal demons and rat pe-*expunged* is a real treat!

They just showcased some concept art of my favorite unit from Warhammer Tabletop:

The White Lions of Chrace

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Honestly, they look pretty dang cool.
    Forward, march!

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I hope they start posting some models or release a short gameplay trailer soon

Concepts are nice and tasty, but...they may differ a lot from the finished product

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    That's right. I like a lot of facebook history pages and I'm pretty sure all my friends think I'm a nerd because I always comment on them with obscure facts
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Given that the release is less than 7 months away, its weird we are yet to see game-play footage.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Wait have they confirmed a release date? or is it the Amazon date?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

They said it's coming out in 2017, but it's unlikely we'll know more until E3.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Amazon date is end of december. So itŽs 2017 but probably sooner.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

They posted the Lizardmen roster yesterday at least.

Was really hoping for a new original title, but hell, this game looks pretty sweet.

Did I hear that all the new factions in Total War Warhammer II will be playable alongside those from the first game?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by MattSawyer View Post
    Was really hoping for a new original title, but hell, this game looks pretty sweet.

Did I hear that all the new factions in Total War Warhammer II will be playable alongside those from the first game?
    I think if you own Warhammer 1 and 2 and your friend owns both as well, you can play as the Empire from Warhammer 1 for example, whilst they play as Warhammer 2 Lizardmen. I wonder whether this'll work if they launch Warhammer 1 and you launch Warhammer 2, or whether you'll both have to launch Warhammer 2 (or 1).

Also, "shortly after launch" (which I interpret to mean quite a few months after launch rather than the weeks they're implying) they'll release a mega-campaign which will combine the Warhammer 1 and 2 maps, but only be available if you own both (I think, definitely you'll need Warhammer 2).

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    I think if you own Warhammer 1 and 2 and your friend owns both as well, you can play as the Empire from Warhammer 1 for example, whilst they play as Warhammer 2 Lizardmen. I wonder whether this'll work if they launch Warhammer 1 and you launch Warhammer 2, or whether you'll both have to launch Warhammer 2 (or 1).

Also, "shortly after launch" (which I interpret to mean quite a few months after launch rather than the weeks they're implying) they'll release a mega-campaign which will combine the Warhammer 1 and 2 maps, but only be available if you own both (I think, definitely you'll need Warhammer 2).
    There's only one launcher. On the front end you'll get to choose either old world or new world or the mega map.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    There's only one launcher. On the front end you'll get to choose either old world or new world or the mega map.
    Ah I guess that makes sense, where'd you get that info? I haven't really been following Warhammer 2 that much.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    Ah I guess that makes sense, where'd you get that info? I haven't really been following Warhammer 2 that much.
    Just putting 2 and 2 together.

1. Bloodpack (and DLCs) are shared.
    2. Game 1 factions can play against Game 2 factions in MP.

Both above are similar to Shogun 2 and FOTS where you don't need to have both games purchase and they'll share same database.

3. The Grand Campaign has been renamed Old World Campaign. The new Warhammer will probably be called New World or Vortex Campaign. If the new game don't use the same front end, the changes wont probably be needed.

4. The mega campaign map (if you own both Warhammer 1 and 2) where you can either play the old world factions including the DLC/FLC factions or the new world factions (including the future DLC/FLC factions for Game 2.

£39 on steam are you kidding me? WOW.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    £39 on steam are you kidding me? WOW.
    Same price as the first one, for the same (or possibly even more) content. Seems reasonable to me.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

News News! High Elf video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk
    - Swordmasters deflecting arrows!!
    - Looks like CA improved the shields

Last edited by Daruwind; July 11, 2017 at 09:30 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Same price as the first one, for the same (or possibly even more) content. Seems reasonable to me.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Thought it was £30 last time....maybe I got it via another format rather than steam.

And more content that's speculation boyo. So not sure at all how much is copy/paste as it stands. Depends on the scope of the campaigns and factions playable and whether they package of dlc skavens/dark elves etc otherwise you could argue it's milking.

Whether you like to be milked or not that's up to you. We have always preferred to do the milking ourselves

p.s and there is the argument this isnt a "new game". Plus all we have seen is one scripted battle. So am not convinced.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; July 11, 2017 at 09:44 AM.