Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Disappointed there won't be any naval battles, but knew it wasn't likely anyway... so now that southlands is confirmed, I wonder if they'll add in the Dark Lands portion as DLC with Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms after they add Tomb Kings. Or maybe save that for game 3 when they do all the chaos realms.

Given that this game is similar, in terms of scope and relation to its predecessor, to Attila, I would expect it to be released sometime in autumn, probably in September. July and August are definitely out of the question, as companies avoid to sell their products, when the majority of their audience is on holidays. If I got it right, there are probably only three playable factions, with the Skavens being added as a pre-order DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by God-Emperor of Mankind View Post
    Actually the historical title might as well come out next year. We do not know how far they are with the next historical title, they might have entered the development phase with it as we speak.
    Not according to CA. Last November, they said that the next historical game will take a couple of years to be published, so, even theoretically, 2018 is out of question. Personally, I suspect either late 2019 or early 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by God-Emperor of Mankind View Post
    2. As stated, they are already working on another historical and lastly
    They said the same thing exactly two years ago, when they announced the first Warhammer game. Obviously, CA's definition of working on another historical title is very, very broad and probably also includes random brainstormings about what historical period they should focus on. I believe that the next historical game is in the same state, where roughly Warhammer was in summer 2013, when that computer screenshot was leaked, which revealed their future plans. I agree with the rest, though, why so many fans convinced themselves that these jungles were a reference to Mayas or Cambodians is beyond me, as CA and the datamine leak had made it pretty clear that what the next expansion was going to feature.

EDIT: Chaos dwarves and ogres are almost certainly the faction DLCs for the third expansion, while the Tomb Kings would probably be the respective Wood Elves of Warhammer II. Not sure about the second DLC of Warhammer II. Kislev, maybe? They look like the most popular remaining human faction.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; March 31, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

I'm actually pretty excited for this, the High Elf faction was the one I was looking forward to the most in the Warhammer series. Can't pretend i'm not a tad dissapointed its not a historical title set in the Jungles of Central America or Southeast Asia though!
    When in deadly danger,
    When beset by doubt,
    Run in little circles,
    Wave your arms and shout.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Given that this game is similar, in terms of scope and relation to its predecessor, to Attila, I would expect it to be released sometime in autumn, probably in September. July and August are definitely out of the question, as companies avoid to sell their products, when the majority of their audience is on holidays. If I got it right, there are probably only three playable factions, with the Skavens being added as a pre-order DLC.

Not according to CA. Last November, they said that the next historical game will take a couple of years to be published, so, even theoretically, 2018 is out of question. Personally, I suspect either late 2019 or early 2020.

They said the same thing exactly two years ago, when they announced the first Warhammer game. Obviously, CA's definition of working on another historical title is very, very broad and probably also includes random brainstormings about what historical period they should focus on. I believe that the next historical game is in the same state, where roughly Warhammer was in summer 2013, when that computer screenshot was leaked, which revealed their future plans. I agree with the rest, though, why so many fans convinced themselves that these jungles were a reference to Mayas or Cambodians is beyond me, as CA and the datamine leak had made it pretty clear that what the next expansion was going to feature.
    According to the Steam page it will have 4 playable races, the 4th just isn't announced yet. It will likely be Skaven though.

And concerning the historical game, which a separate team is working on:

Pre-production for our next historical major release continues apace, with the team working on pretty much all areas of the game at this stage
    So probably a year or two until release.
    Last edited by Mhaedros; March 31, 2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Dissapointed
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    According to the Steam page it will have 4 playable races, the 4th just isn't announced yet. It will likely be Skaven though.
    I assumed that they left Skaven unrevealed, because it's their planned pre-order faction. I can't imagine any other possible candidate, while, according to the FAQ, there'll be only 4 factions, so, given CA's modus operandi, one of them must be the necessary DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    And concerning the historical game, which a separate team is working on:
    I know, that legendary separate team has been working on historical TWs completely uninterrupted at least since the April of 2015. Again, as I said, CA claiming 4 months ago that the next historical game will be released a couple of years later means that it is impossible, according to them, that it will be released in one year from now.

Seems CA decided to hurl out as many warhammers as they could in shortest time possible... which means its second game in a row i will just ignore

Samittaja's Avatar Libertus

I have a very vague idea of the lore and I remember seeing the datamine leak but can't remember what it said. But I've come to understand that Tilea and Estalia tend to send expeditions to the New World conquistador-style. Perhaps they could be DLC-factions as well?
    Last edited by Samittaja; March 31, 2017 at 01:28 PM.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Warhammer is doing well and is bringing a lot good ideas for any future historical title. 1) Map editor, they finally unleashed full potencial there. You are now able tu put certain map to particular place/city.....quite easily. 2) Factions are no more copy on....everything is different, playstyle, abilities, skills.... 3) Finally second title is going to enlarge campaign map.

Aye, Warhammer has its own downs as any other Total war, but nothing a few mods cannot fix in short time. Guys you have no idea how much fun we had, have will have with this. For once stop being historical and real and enjoy true WAAAAAGH! For eternal glory of Ulthuan! More blood for blood god, more skulls for skull throne!!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Samittaja View Post
    I have a very vague idea of the lore and I remember seeing the datamine leak but can't remember what it said. But I've come to understand that Tilea and Estalia tend to send expeditions to the New World conquistador-style. Perhaps they could be DLC-factions as well?
    I suppose that makes sense, since they claim they're expanding the Southlands (probably to add Skaven).

This means that the factions around that area need to be fleshed out better, thus Estalia and Tilea (and maybe Kislev one hopes? since it suffers from the same blandness) can finally have unique rosters and leaders.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

The sub reddit and youtube comments are some of the cancerous things I have ever read: "But muh historical title". The ones who are surprised and are subsequently angry are honestly quite dumb. CA have been dropping hints everywhere that the next game is going to be Warhammer II, hell they even said that they are going to do a trilogy for the game since the beginning! I would have absolutely loved an historical but, unlike many others, I know how to read context clues.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Disappointed there won't be any naval battles, but knew it wasn't likely anyway... so now that southlands is confirmed, I wonder if they'll add in the Dark Lands portion as DLC with Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms after they add Tomb Kings. Or maybe save that for game 3 when they do all the chaos realms.
    According to old leaked material ( http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-...ack-plans.html ) The big DLC for warhammer 3 are about Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms which both are based in Dark Lands/Mountains of Mourn...

EDIT: and big DLC for warhammer 2 are Tomb Kings and Skaven (big dlc = their own mini campaign +/- wood elves, beastmen)

EDIT2: Only strange thing is, the new land for warhammer 3 is about the part for chaos dwarves and ogres....which is quite small in comparrison with what Ca is assing with this second part of warhemmer trilogy..
    Last edited by Daruwind; March 31, 2017 at 02:05 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Warhammer is doing well and is bringing a lot good ideas for any future historical title. 1) Map editor, they finally unleashed full potencial there. You are now able tu put certain map to particular place/city.....quite easily. 2) Factions are no more copy on....everything is different, playstyle, abilities, skills.... 3) Finally second title is going to enlarge campaign map.

Aye, Warhammer has its own downs as any other Total war, but nothing a few mods cannot fix in short time. Guys you have no idea how much fun we had, have will have with this. For once stop being historical and real and enjoy true WAAAAAGH! For eternal glory of Ulthuan! More blood for blood god, more skulls for skull throne!!

1. You can only edit the battle maps and not the campaign map. They removed that feature starting with Rome 2, so giving it back to players piece by piece isn't exactly them being generous. But, fair enough, you can now edit battle maps.
    2. Factions in Rome 2 and Attila weren't copy/paste versions of each other. That trend already started before Warhammer. Total War's unit diversity is actually pretty great when you consider that, throughout most of known history, the vast majority of "troops" used homemade spears, some swords, maybe the occasional bow and a of pitchforks and garden tools to fight wars. Yeah, I can imagine that having real tactics, morale, various unruly peasants, harvesting seasons, etc. just isn't exciting enough for gamers who need to spam buttons every 3 seconds and see go boom.
    3. Every 2nd title since Empire enlarged or changed the map in some way.

You know, maybe this trilogy wouldn't be that bad if, as you say, the game itself would be fun... but it ISN'T! It's boring! They removed all of the empire management from the campaign and that was more than 60% of the game time in any TW game. A lot of stuff that is missing from this game had people OUTRAGED when Rome 2 came out: no seasons, no family tree, no road upgrades, no city building strategy, passive/dumb AI that declares war and never sends even half a stack to attack you, etc. CA literally CHANGED NOTHING that was broken from the other games: they just straight up removed it from the game. Was razing a problem in Attila? Yup. Did they fix it? no! They just made it so you can only raze/capture certain provinces. Was the AI incapable of choosing the correct stance, did it always choose forced march and ended up ing itself? Yup. Did they fix it? no! They just removed it. Did they fix the naval battles? No. They removed them. Did they fix sieges? No. They basically removed them. And the list can go on and on and on.

But it's all good, cause now we have funny soundin' orkzies namez and zombies. That apparently fixes everything for most gamers.

Looking forward to clearing out rats, lizards and other vermin infestation from Lustria with my glorious / vicious Elves. Sadly I doubt we will be able to get hands-on before the very end of the year.

And yeah its really weird that there are so many who though it would be a historical title. One look at the forums, or even at gaming media that covered the countdown, would have cleared their heads.

Really disappointment with this announcement. Warhammer was the first Total War game I did not own. And now they are making a second one. I was hoping for a historical title.
    Few men are born brave, many become so through training and force of discipline.

- Vegetius

LOL, did you guys sincerely hope that CA would release two independent, mutually competing games at the same time? Even people with the vaguest idea of economy know it makes no sense.

Mark my words: no big historical Total war game would be released after TWW triology is finished. And it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by saeedonweb View Post
    Really disappointment with this announcement. Warhammer was the first Total War game I did not own. And now they are making a second one. I was hoping for a historical title.
    I for myself am happy that they decided to sit down a while at one project. We have seen enough half-made games since Empire total war. Shogun 2 and Warhammer are the only ones that can stand in daylight as vanilla compared to other titles that came after medieval 2. Do we really want them to churn out a historic total war every year, even when we know every third game is only complete?

reffan's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    I assumed that they left Skaven unrevealed, because it's their planned pre-order faction. I can't imagine any other possible candidate, while, according to the FAQ, there'll be only 4 factions, so, given CA's modus operandi, one of them must be the necessary DLC.
    I bet that Skaven are part of the base game and Tomb Kings would be preorder bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    The sub reddit and youtube comments are some of the cancerous things I have ever read: "But muh historical title". The ones who are surprised and are subsequently angry are honestly quite dumb. CA have been dropping hints everywhere that the next game is going to be Warhammer II, hell they even said that they are going to do a trilogy for the game since the beginning! I would have absolutely loved an historical but, unlike many others, I know how to read context clues.
    From Reddit;

Image removed due to censor bypass. - Frunk
    Last edited by Frunk; April 07, 2017 at 09:20 PM.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I always thought total war was a game for historical fans and not just casual gamers that would play every video game they can get their hands on ive seen all of those years a dedicated fan base of the total war series that were around here because of their passion for historical recreation, i really really dont get it why on earth ca would make a 180 degrees turn towards something completely different from what it always was...
    thanks ca for making me not bother about the only video game that i was ever geniunly interested in, also thanks for alienating the fan base core
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM