Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    No, you can't. RTW and M2TW do not come in pieces. They both are complete games.
    Barbarian Invasion, Alexander, Kingdoms. But you mean more likely the whole DLC practice. Well sorry. World is moving fast, developing, even games are not static. DLC practice is in every current game (where it makes sense..pls donīt try to argue here) If you feel cheated, well wait for sale again. But try to compare what we get for our money. DLCs for warhammer are bringing the most content from all total war. Ie. check Empireīs DLC....a few units with slightly different stats just in different pyjamas.

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas
    Who said I've bought it? I haven't. Spending 120 Euros for just one third of the game? I would have to be either absolutely nuts or just have an insane surplus of cash to throw away. Neither one is currently true.
    Well at this point point I can easily say I donīt care about your opinion if itīs bases only on rumors, pictures and third person sayings and not actual experience.

Sure, different factions, but still the same race.
    And whatīs your point? Original argument was about sharing animations (and therefore considering Dark/High Elves nething new..just copy/paste no work from CA) which simply is not true as eventhough we have three Elven factions, they share less than all previos Total Wars factions. Look at beasts, special units etc.

If I'm not mistaken the vampires were actually humans who were a part of the empire. Then while searching for immortality they created an elixir that tainted them and turned them into vampires. Don't I remember correctly?
    Again. Are we discussing origin or unit diversity? What you describe is true for the Vampire leaders but the rest of factions are undead - skeletons, zombies and beasts and ghosts. There is even less similarity between Vampires and Humans than between Elven factions (you know, all Elves love spiky things like spears and bolts/arrows )

But Orcs in middle earth are elves. Fallen, corrupted and misshapen, yes, but still elves. One of the very few details that I don't like about Tolkien's world. At least that I know of, as I haven't gone in depth with the lore.
    Again. What does it prove? I donīt remeber one game where Orcs/Goblins were sub-faction of Elves....Can you refresh my memory? We are usually grouping factions on culture traits not according to genetic information. Ie. having Steppe factions, Vikings, Roman families, Greek states.....Sindar, Avari,..... Imperial clans vs Shogun Clans..

If an expansion comes out with an extension of the map of the basic game, then I think that the combined map should be a feature of the expansion. There should not be an extra dlc to combine the maps, so I would not buy that dlc if it existed.
    Your opinion. But so far any (mini) campaign DLC, datadiscs comes with their own closed maps. Actually Wood Elves and Beastmen are first who besides own mini-campaign map are peresented even in the grand campaign.

But I personally don't consider warhammer 2 and 3 to be expansions or new games. All 3 parts are the same game just being sold in pieces. Just 4 factions at release? Yeah, it definitely doesn't qualify as a full game for me. That's my opinion. I don't know if it's a popular opinion or not, but that's how I see it and if other people disagree that's OK. But if you people disagree, then don't come here screaming about it if they announce that the next historical title will be released as a "trilogy". 'Cause then I'll be like: "where were you when I was speaking up about warhammer?".
    These 4 factions are much much more different than in any previous title. You want quantity over quality? Besides Majority of total wars have like 5-10 playable factions. Factions unlocker is so much popular mod through history Warhammer 2 is bringing again 4 factions but can you show me how Skaven, Lizardmen or High/Dark Elves are copy/paste from any warhammer 1 factions? You cannot. I play warhammer 1 and know lore. All you can say is, 4 factions are low number. But I prefer quality over quantity ;-)

Well I donīt care if next historical title is trilogy. I will buy it anyway as I have all other Total War, I love them all for being somewhat different. This is not about having the one best perfect title, because nobody can do it. But about having different games in different settings. But chance for history title being trilogy is pretty low. Ca would need to change scope of game, extending game time period and thatīs one reason against it. Different times = diffferent settings, technologies, warfare...

So you are pissed off because itīs trilogy and Warhammer got so much care from CA? I can understand history fans having feeling about being cheated BUT. 1) lisence from GW is also to be blamed.. 2) CA probably saw they would need big scale for this to pull out. I prefer trilogy over so hastily unfinished title. Warhammer deserves proper treatment. 3)CA has time for new engine and money as Warhammer is bringing so much... 4) I personally donīt understand history vs fantasy conflict here....History guys had so far every Title, fantasy are getting now three in row but thatīs it. Behaving like small child who cannot wait is simply childish to me.

That's what people who have no valid arguments do. They will either attack you personally by using slander or intimidation, or they'll attack your right to express your opinion (meaning that they'll try to silence your voice and a very common tactic for that is shaming you into silence), or they'll try to dismiss your points as unimportant or false, or they'll use a diversion by bringing up irrelevant topics to draw the attention away from the topic.
    Glad you know it and try to avoid it yourself ;-)

EDIT: family tree. Nope, it really is not good idea for this game. Seasons of year, Naval combat yes but adding family trees here is like adding magic to other history titles. (and seasons would limit Humans mostly as almost every other factions is immune to some degree...Vampires, undead, beastmen, chaos...Elves are magic, Dwarves and Skaven are underground...Ok maybe Greenskins) But instead you can do something like new mechanics ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=904577954 ) itīs like Chivalry for Bretonia factions or Amber for Wood Elves. Yes, empire is missing something like this from their gameplay. But we donīt know what CA is preparing in game 2 and 3...
    Last edited by Daruwind; April 15, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)