Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2439404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

it happens with many different units now... Actually I have the impression it is getting worse with each DLC. And no, it's not cause by my mod, it happens in vanilla too.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

That is sort of "very bad"
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Errr... they are magical bows... a wizard did it, enchanted every bow to do that in the warhammer world. Yeah... that sounds rigth.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Ah yes, magic. The natural explanation.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

CA publish new blog post about developers state in July 2020:
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/dev-blog-july-2020/
    Total War: WARHAMMER II

The realm of the Wood Elves returns…

We can reveal that the next DLC for WARHAMMER II is indeed a Lord Pack, focusing on the Wood Elves, and we will also be revisiting one of the original core races from WARHAMMER II.

This Lords Pack is packed full of all of the great content that you’ve come to expect from Total War DLC, but this time we are excited to talk to you about a few additional ways we are giving a little extra back to our fans who have joined us on this journey through the Warhammer world! However, there’s a couple of things that you need to know about it, so please take a glance through the below for a bit of a breakdown

For owners of TW: WARHAMMER II:

You’re getting a full and complete Legendary Lords pack that will introduce you to two brand new Legendary Lords, each with their own factions, objectives, mechanics, units and playstyle. As always, you’ll be able to use them in the Eye of the Vortex campaign, and custom/multiplayer battles. We’ll also be dropping an awesome new free hero, for all Total War: WARHAMMER II players to enjoy.

For owners of TW: WARHAMMER and TW: WARHAMMER II:

We’ll of course be continuing our Old World Updates for Mortal Empires so you can use all your shiny new content in the Mortal Empires Campaign. This update will also bring some reworks for the Wood Elves faction and some general Mortal Empires updates to the game.

For owners of TW: WARHAMMER, TW: WARHAMMER II and The Realm of the Wood Elves DLC Pack:

If you’ve been with us since the beginning, we have a few additional surprises lined up that make this, already jam-packed DLC, even more interesting.

If you’ve collected all that content you’ll also get a bonus legendary lord with all the trimmings! We can’t wait to introduce you to her.

We’re looking at this DLC as something that’s really for the players who want to complete their collection. While you can absolutely buy it and get a ton out of it if you only own WARHAMMER II, it’s also true that you’ll get the most out of it is if you own WARHAMMER , WARHAMMER II and the existing Realm of the Wood Elves DLC, and we think it’s worth us being upfront about that here.

I own… This DLC release will give me…
    Just WARHAMMER II (I’m not buying this DLC) Free-LC hero, Game Update.
    WARHAMMER II and this new DLC The above, plus 2 Legendary Lords, new units, characters mounts, and the ability to play as Wood Elves in the Vortex Campaign using this new Lord.
    WARHAMMER I, WARHAMMER II and this new DLC All the above, plus Old World Update for Wood Elves in the Mortal Empires Campaign.
    WARHAMMER I, WARHAMMER II, Realm of the Wood Elves and this new DLC All the above plus additional new Wood Elf Legendary Lord, new units and characters for use in Mortal Empires.

Is this all too confusing? Don’t worry, we’ll be announcing it properly soon and we’ll have plenty of very clear info on what you get depending on which games you own. We hope it works, and you get a kick out of it because then it means we’ll be allowed to do it again. And we really want to add everything we can to Total War: WARHAMMER.

The Future

One event the current world situation has certainly put the crimpers on is us announcing our next major Total War title.
    As you can imagine it’s all a bit chaotic here at CA, so please bear with us.
    -So LP is WE vs one Wh2 core faction...
    -FLC is Hero...no idea here
    -and yet another WE "her" character...so let´s pick Ariel, Drycha (probably not our twin sisters )
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 29, 2020 at 11:45 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Patrician Artifex

Wood Elves DLC? Lord Pack with only them? They said revisit a core race, but it's not clear if it is only mechanism, or new LL as well.

And announced wthout riddle wrapped in mystery
    Last edited by Steph; July 29, 2020 at 11:31 AM.

With sprinkles of question marks.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Nah Steph, read carefully....
    -LP ...WE vs one Wh2 core faction..2 LL (so Skaven, DE/HE, Lizardmen)
    -additioanl FLC is Hero (i made there a mistake )
    -aaaaaaand one more special LL for WE refered as "her" so Arial/Drycha? ..with units etc for ME if you own Wh1+Wh2+WE DLC+this new LP ;-)

..this is exactly why there are three unknown entries in SteamDB, LP+FLC+special FLC overall 3 new LLs, Hero...
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 29, 2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: correction FLC is HERO not LL

Patrician Artifex

could the FLC hero be a special composite hero (ie. the Sisters?)

Hero units made up of several units?

I think the hero is noted as FLC in same manner as was the Spidershrine Arachnok mount for Waren/Paunch LP.

We are probably way to early to be related to White Dwarf promotion (Josef Bugman this year most likely as last year was Gotrek/Felix) and there is nothing about special legendary hero option right? (so no Drycha or something like Sisters...so nothing like special special character ala Green Knight..) So most likely it is just generic hero version for WE as was generic mount option with Spidershrine for Greenskins :-)

Anyway hats down, CA managed to surprise me once again...

EDIT: actually Free LC hero is there for people owning just Wh2 not buying DLC...so it is probably not WE related at all.
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 29, 2020 at 05:36 PM.

Patrician Artifex

About Sisters of Twilight, it wouldn't be an hero made of two units, but two models.
    Like a unit with size 2 models, one "soldier" and one "officer". Both with different weapons. And possibly attributes that could be disabled if one of the two models dies.

Meaning that if you "kill" one of the sister, but the other is not killed, then the "killed" one will appear again when the unit heals. It would fit the lore no?

Yeah, kinda. Modt exatcly is the model would be practically inmortal as long they battle in Athel Loren. Quickly raising back from dead unless you manage to kill them both in quick succesion. Not that it matter much as sadly in this game there are no permadeaths for LL if they are one.

Easy peasy. Skarsnik and Gobba, they are as well dual entity or how to call it properly... :-)

But I´m really not sure the Hero is for WE. Because as the blogpost was written, the Hero/FLC part seems to be intended for everyone, even people without Wh1 , WE DLC , new LP...so could it be Hero for one of the Core factions? Let´s say LP is WE vs DE...what if DE are getting one more free Hero option? Or possibly what if another faction...Lizardmen.. Got it?

EDIT: found exactly what I wanted to day..via reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...a_new_generic/
    The High Elves have four basic hero types: Handmaiden of the Everqueen, Noble, Mage, and Loremaster of Hoeth.
    The Dark Elves have four basic hero types: Death Hag, Khainite Assassin, Master, and Sorceress.
    The Lizardmen have three basic hero types: Skink Chief, Saurus Scar-Veteran, and Skink Priest.
    The Skaven have four basic hero types: Assassin, Eshin Sorceror, Plague Priest, Warlock Engineer.
    EDIT2: or this...as well quite possible point.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...m_medium=web2x
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 30, 2020 at 07:26 AM.

Just some news about new Savage Wh1 edition
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/introd...avage-edition/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

INTRODUCING TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER – SAVAGE EDITION
    Total War: WARHAMMER

James HighJuly 30 2020

WHAT IS IT?

Total War: WARHAMMER – Savage Edition is a limited physical edition release of Total War: WARHAMMER that includes our two fiercest Race Packs – Chaos Warriors and Call of the Beastmen.
    Together, these bring five additional Legendary Lords with new units, quest chains and gameplay mechanics to the Old World.

WHERE CAN I GET IT?

Total War: WARHAMMER – Savage Edition is available from select physical retailers in certain territories around the world. Please check with your favourite stockist for details.
    WHAT’S INCLUDED?

Included as part of the Savage Edition is:

• Total War: WARHAMMER – Combining a gripping turn-based campaign of empire-building and expansion with spectacular real-time battles, set in Games Workshop’s world of Warhammer Fantasy battles. Featuring four core playable races of the Empire, Dwarfs, Greenskins and Vampire Counts,

The Savage Edition also includes the following premium Race Packs:

• Chaos Warriors– Beyond the barren Norsca Peninsula lie the Chaos Wastes, a land shrouded in darkness from which all manner of nightmarish creatures spew forth. Lead the corrupted hordes and lay waste to the Old World as the dreaded Chaos Warriors with three new playable Legendary Lords and their horde armies of monsters.
    • Call of the Beastmen – Moving like a plague across the Old World, are a feral, Chaos-tainted horde race of half-human aberrations and monstrous creatures. Alongside two new Legendary Lords which are playable in the Grand Campaign, The Beastmen also bring their very own Story Campaign, An Eye For An Eye.

The Savage Edition features brand new box art by Jose Cabrera Peña.

so with the new wood elves dlc we will get 4 legendary heroes including the flc instead of the usual 3(if you have both WH1, WH2 and call of the beastmen)

Nope. LP is one WE LL vs one LL for one wh2 core race. That´s two LLs. Then the owners of original WE DLC will get one LL for ME. And the FLC is hero (not sure if generic or legendary) for all players. "All players" is hinting at hero option for Wh2 core race as well...

Dev blog got new infographics about future content, but it is the same +/-
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So, are we getting a free hero for a TWW2 faction + a new hero for the Wood Elves ?
    And 3 new legendary lords ?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Deathshade View Post
    So, are we getting a free hero for a TWW2 faction + a new hero for the Wood Elves ?
    And 3 new legendary lords ?
    Correct.