Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    And more content that's speculation boyo.
    Is there any new features in Warhammer 2 ? I could not find anything but I admit I am not following the franchise closely these days.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

So not sure at all how much is copy/paste as it stands.
    Are you speaking about Warhammer? I would agree with the statement for any other TW however unit diversity and roster in TW:W is real thing. Beastmen, Dwarves, Undead/Vampires, Wood Elves, Chaos, Greenskins....i can admit that Empire and Bretonia might share a few human models besides all different siege and special units ...... W2 should have as base factions: Lizardmen, Skaven, well depends how much you know the lore but we cannot even say that roster for High and Dark Elves is copy/paste After that there will be probably Tomb Kings faction DLC and probably one more faction.
    Depends on the scope of the campaigns and factions playable and whether they package of dlc skavens/dark elves etc otherwise you could argue it's milking.
    Map size - similar to W1 , number of settlement - one third more than W1, 4 base playing races....

Old datamined info suggested that Skaven (and Tomb Kings) will have Minicampaign with DLC and i can easily imagine that as their empire is largery under Old World. So they might have special minicampaign with more playable clans. Else you would need the combined map to represent fully the underempire... (this is purely my speculation)

p.s and there is the argument this isnt a "new game". Plus all we have seen is one scripted battle. So am not convinced.
    Warhammer was from beginning planned to be trilogy. That each base game have 4 factions and there will be a lot DLCs together. On contrary I would like to know which factions are copy paste in your eyes. And we are getting a lot of free stuff with each DLC (or just completely free like Bretonia) plus all the stuff is on the campaign map. Even things you are not owning. But everyone must answer the question if all additional things like combined map for owners of both games is enough or not...For me yes

Well just today we got nice new video of High Elves vs Lizardmen in engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk check it for yourselve..

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Is there any new features in Warhammer 2 ? I could not find anything but I admit I am not following the franchise closely these days.
    There is whole vortex endgame mechanics. Treasure hunting and exploring. Magic is vastly reworked.

Plus owners of both game will get with slight delay (1 patch , one month? ) the combined campaign featuring all races and merged campaign map. This is without vortex mechanics however with conquest anywhere for all faction....simply there will be tweaks to make it playable for any faction
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 11, 2017 at 11:25 AM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    Are you speaking about Warhammer? I would agree with the statement for any other TW however unit diversity and roster in TW:W is real thing. Beastmen, Dwarves, Undead/Vampires, Wood Elves, Chaos, Greenskins....i can admit that Empire and Bretonia might share a few human models besides all different siege and special units ...... W2 should have as base factions: Lizardmen, Skaven, well depends how much you know the lore but we cannot even say that roster for High and Dark Elves is copy/paste After that there will be probably Tomb Kings faction DLC and probably one more faction.

Map size - similar to W1 , number of settlement - one third more than W1, 4 base playing races....

Old datamined info suggested that Skaven (and Tomb Kings) will have Minicampaign with DLC and i can easily imagine that as their empire is largery under Old World. So they might have special minicampaign with more playable clans. Else you would need the combined map to represent fully the underempire... (this is purely my speculation)

Warhammer was from beginning planned to be trilogy. That each base game have 4 factions and there will be a lot DLCs together. On contrary I would like to know which factions are copy paste in your eyes. And we are getting a lot of free stuff with each DLC (or just completely free like Bretonia) plus all the stuff is on the campaign map. Even things you are not owning. But everyone must answer the question if all additional things like combined map for owners of both games is enough or not...For me yes

Well just today we got nice new video of High Elves vs Lizardmen in engine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8RQCwevAk check it for yourselve..

There is whole vortex endgame mechanics. Treasure hunting and exploring. Magic is vastly reworked.

Plus owners of both game will get with slight delay (1 patch , one month? ) the combined campaign featuring all races and merged campaign map. This is without vortex mechanics however with conquest anywhere for all faction....simply there will be tweaks to make it playable for any faction
    Well the whole argument is how much work actually goes into a game when the base game is already there. If you feel it's worth the price of a new game so be it. Others might not agree...or they will wait till the game is released to decide. (i.e yes the units are different but after all isnt warhammer 2 just a modified (albeit heavily) modded warhamme 1?). CA + Sega would have you believe it's new enough content to merit full price but am suspicious. Still there is nothing illegal in this just perhaps dodgy business strategy.

Imagine it's like a club venue that remains the same but with different DJ's. Or a coat of new paint but the house still remains the same.

I wont pay £39 but if can get for cheaper might pick it up.

However one might argue the previous game was only really fun until you got the extra dlc. Not sure if am going to spend £30 on a game that will need around 4 dlcs before it's "officially" finished. Am sure some might argue the base game is enough and that again is your choice...

p.s and no reworked faction goals for all factions inc old seems a bit lame. Couldnt there be at least some? And this would be a perfect example where CA should let modders do this work...

Oh and it's a very easy thing to say now "we always planned a trilogy". Who knows? Seems too cute no?
    Last edited by Totalheadache; July 11, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Thought it was £30 last time....maybe I got it via another format rather than steam.

And more content that's speculation boyo. So not sure at all how much is copy/paste as it stands. Depends on the scope of the campaigns and factions playable and whether they package of dlc skavens/dark elves etc otherwise you could argue it's milking.

Whether you like to be milked or not that's up to you. We have always preferred to do the milking ourselves

p.s and there is the argument this isnt a "new game". Plus all we have seen is one scripted battle. So am not convinced.
    Well, by more content I was working on.

Warhammer 1 - Warhammer 2

Old World Campaign - Votex Campaign
    4 playable races (Empire, Dwarves, Greenskins, Vampire Counts) - 4 playable races (High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven.)
    Late game challenge: Chaos Invasion - Late game challenge: Vortex
    Etc.

With the big addition of:

Combined Campaign Free-DLC.

In my view, if this isn't a new game, then neither was Medieval 1 to Shogun 1, Medieval 2 to Rome 1, ever game since Empire to Empire etc. It's a self contained game in it's own right, the only similarities being it's using the same engine and it's set in the Warhammer world as opposed to the Real World setting of all other Total Wars. But with the added fun that the Combined Campaign Free DLC for owners of both Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 will let you pit the forces of the "Old World" against the forces of the "New World"

Well the whole argument is how much work actually goes into a game when the base game is already there. If you feel it's worth the price of a new game so be it. Others might not agree...or they will wait till the game is released to decide. (i.e yes the units are different but after all isnt warhammer 2 just a modified (albeit heavily) modded warhamme 1?). CA + Sega would have you believe it's new enough content to merit full price but am suspicious. Still there is nothing illegal in this just perhaps dodgy business strategy.
    Yes it's up to people to decide if it's worth the price they are asking.

Imagine it's like a club venue that remains the same but with different DJ's. Or a coat of new paint but the house still remains the same.
    Only if said club or house has relocated to a different continent. As Warhammer 1 is Old World aka Europe, and Warhammer 2 is New World, Ulthuan, Lustria and Southlands aka North America, Atlantis, South America and North Africa.

I wont pay £39 but if can get for cheaper might pick it up.
    Fair enough.

However one might argue the previous game was only really fun until you got the extra dlc. Not sure if am going to spend £30 on a game that will need around 4 dlcs before it's "officially" finished. Am sure some might argue the base game is enough and that again is your choice...
    Fair enough, though worth noting you didn't need to buy any of the DLC to still have Beastmen, Wood Elves etc running around your campaign.

p.s and no reworked faction goals for all factions inc old seems a bit lame. Couldnt there be at least some? And this would be a perfect example where CA should let modders do this work...
    The Old World Campaign won't change, but in the Combined Campaign they've already said Regional Occupation isn't going to be a feature of any of the Races, so I would be surprised if they didn't rework the goals too. Maybe add another tier of success for going to the New World!

Oh and it's a very easy thing to say now "we always planned a trilogy". Who knows? Seems too cute no?
    If they suddenly started saying that now, I'd agree with you.

But they literally stated it was a Trilogy from the start. It was on the Announcement post:

"The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever."

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-war-warhammer

The Wiki:

What is more, this title will go on to combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the largest Total War experience ever. An epic trilogy of titles that will redefine fantasy strategy gaming.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/index.php?title=Total_War_WARHAMMER&oldid=19687

(Note: That's not the page now, that's the page 2 days after the announcement using the History feature.)

Even the store page.

(Can't link that one as they updated it and don't know how to get the old one up, but it said the same as the Wiki.

From the very beginning it was made clear it was a Trilogy of games. Which is why the sudden shock and outrage from some that a second game has been announced seems rather odd to me.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    If you want a good overview of everything revealed so far, I would suggest this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...w_information/

It's regularly updated and I've found it useful as I don't follow the Warhammer side as much.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Last edited by Welsh Dragon; July 11, 2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Avoiding double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Well, by more content I was working on.

Warhammer 1 - Warhammer 2

Old World Campaign - Votex Campaign
    4 playable races (Empire, Dwarves, Greenskins, Vampire Counts) - 4 playable races (High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven.)
    Late game challenge: Chaos Invasion - Late game challenge: Vortex
    Etc.

With the big addition of:

Combined Campaign Free-DLC.

In my view, if this isn't a new game, then neither was Medieval 1 to Shogun 1, Medieval 2 to Rome 1, ever game since Empire to Empire etc. It's a self contained game in it's own right, the only similarities being it's using the same engine and it's set in the Warhammer world as opposed to the Real World setting of all other Total Wars. But with the added fun that the Combined Campaign Free DLC for owners of both Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2 will let you pit the forces of the "Old World" against the forces of the "New World"

Yes it's up to people to decide if it's worth the price they are asking.

Only if said club or house has relocated to a different continent. As Warhammer 1 is Old World aka Europe, and Warhammer 2 is New World, Ulthuan, Lustria and Southlands aka North America, Atlantis, South America and North Africa.

Fair enough.

Fair enough, though worth noting you didn't need to buy any of the DLC to still have Beastmen, Wood Elves etc running around your campaign.

The Old World Campaign won't change, but in the Combined Campaign they've already said Regional Occupation isn't going to be a feature of any of the Races, so I would be surprised if they didn't rework the goals too. Maybe add another tier of success for going to the New World!

If they suddenly started saying that now, I'd agree with you.

But they literally stated it was a Trilogy from the start. It was on the Announcement post:

"The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever."

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-war-warhammer

The Wiki:

What is more, this title will go on to combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the largest Total War experience ever. An epic trilogy of titles that will redefine fantasy strategy gaming.

http://wiki.totalwar.com/index.php?title=Total_War_WARHAMMER&oldid=19687

(Note: That's not the page now, that's the page 2 days after the announcement using the History feature.)

Even the store page.

(Can't link that one as they updated it and don't know how to get the old one up, but it said the same as the Wiki.

From the very beginning it was made clear it was a Trilogy of games. Which is why the sudden shock and outrage from some that a second game has been announced seems rather odd to me.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Well that's interesting maybe I missed it because I was around here and posting way before they launched the first part and before the 2nd part was announced and I cant recall anyone discussing this. Seems to me coincidence this news became more widely known after part 2 was announced. (or actually before but I dont recall any threads around the time of Warhammer one discussing this plan of CA's.)

Am not one for coincidences much. From the beginning seems to me a bit of a lie...perhaps other members will recall pre warhammer 1 discussions I dont...I could be wrong but off the top of my head it's only been recent knowledge this and it occurred around the time they made Warhammer 2 announcements.

p.s official wiki and CA forums are known for being corrupt.

The we are giving you free dlc because of a combined world is typcial CA. Making you feel like you should be paying for something that actually should be there anyways. Just smells fishy to me.

Oh and I suggested with others a combined campaign before these announcements Because we felt the skaven etc should have been in the first part.

Hence why I am pretty sure CA didnt originally plan this because I think we were the first to suggest it. Can dig up my old posts to prove it. You could of course say they had decided this but it was under wraps...quite possible but first talk of this was in a thread I posted in or somebody else not CA.

(unless they posted on the Wiki/off forum but dont think was on here if memory serves).

((funny how that official page gets quoted now. Again too cute))
    Last edited by Totalheadache; July 11, 2017 at 12:39 PM.

Well that's interesting maybe I missed it because I was around here and posting way before they launched the first part and before the 2nd part was announced and I cant recall anyone discussing this. Seems to me coincidence this news became more widely known after part 2 was announced. (or actually before but I dont recall any threads around the time of Warhammer one discussing this plan of CA's.)

Am not one for coincidences much. From the beginning seems to me a bit of a lie...perhaps other members will recall pre warhammer 1 discussions I dont...I could be wrong but off the top of my head it's only been recent knowledge this and it occurred around the time they made Warhammer 2 announcements.

p.s official wiki and CA forums are known for being corrupt.

The we are giving you free dlc because of a combined world is typcial CA. Making you feel like you should be paying for something that actually should be there anyways. Just smells fishy to me.

Oh and I suggested with others a combined campaign before these announcements Because we felt the skaven etc should have been in the first part.

Hence why I am pretty sure CA didnt originally plan this because I think we were the first to suggest it. Can dig up my old posts to prove it. You could of course say they had decided this but it was under wraps...quite possible but first talk of this was in a thread I posted in or somebody else not CA.

(unless they posted on the Wiki/off forum but dont think was on here if memory serves).

((funny how that official page gets quoted now. Again too cute))
    Well, will you believe Total War Centre then!

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    Hi all,

Total War: WARHAMMER is official! Taking the series to a realm of brutal, high fantasy for the first time in its history, our rules have changed and with change comes war on a scale as yet unimagined.

The limitlessly deep and rich universe of Warhammer heralds a new era for Total War. Gigantic monsters, flying creatures, legendary heroes and storms of magical power take their place on the battlefield, alongside thousands of warriors clashing in real-time tactical battles.

In the turn-based campaign game, players will find the Old World an unforgiving and treacherous place, filled with endless war and cunning alliances alike. Whichever race you choose to play as and however you seek conquest, you will be faced with a conflict that threatens to tear the very fabric of reality asunder.

The first in an epic trilogy of titles, Total War: WARHAMMER will deliver hundreds of hours of absorbing gameplay. It will combine with two further standalone instalments and additional content packs to create the single largest Total War experience ever.

“We’ve always loved the Warhammer universe, and couldn’t wait to approach it with the same colossal scale and authenticity that has characterised our titles for the last 15 years,” said Total War: WARHAMMER Project Lead, Ian Roxburgh. “We’re bringing it to life in a way that nobody’s attempted before.”

Watch the announcement trailer, voiced by celebrated actor Steven Berkoff, http://youtu.be/7i4d3ignBNQ for just a taste of this forthcoming match made in gaming heaven.

We’re setting up some new Total War: WARHAMMER forums right now so you guys have a place to chat about the game. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for the first gameplay videos.

Enjoy!

-Will CA
    Link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-War-WARHAMMER

From the moment it was announced, Warhammer was and always has been a Trilogy. There's no coincidence, no conspiracy. Just people, such as yourself who have either forgotten or missed the multiple official announcements, and so now find the existence of a Second and a Third game as surprising

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Welsch Dragon pretty much said it all....just a few words

If you feel it's worth the price of a new game so be it. Others might not agree...or they will wait till the game is released to decide. (i.e yes the units are different but after all isnt warhammer 2 just a modified (albeit heavily) modded warhamme 1?).
    It´s up to everyone if you have money to buy everything now or have to wait fo sales. I agree,it´s a lot money for trilogy and all DLCs. However you have basically everything in just with base game(s). All factions...(missing just minicampaigns and ability to play these factions).

However for me the biggest argument is having combined map. Look at Rome 2, Attila, Napoleon, Empire....all these games are supported until next one is out. With this trilogy we will at the end get massive campaign bigger than Empire.

Different minicampaigns, unique rosters, factions....if this is not enough for you,fair enough. Then I don´t udnerstand how you can buy any TW for full price ;-)

That´s problem with GW license. You are crying at wrong grave. However we have more tools for Warhammer modding than for R2 / Atilla....So why so sad? We are getting more...

Well that's interesting maybe I missed it because I was around here and posting way before they launched the first part and before the 2nd part was announced and I cant recall anyone discussing this. Seems to me coincidence this news became more widely known after part 2 was announced.
    Nope. It was well known before Warhammer 1 release. But I admit not everybody is reading all the info...

The we are giving you free dlc because of a combined world is typcial CA. Making you feel like you should be paying for something that actually should be there anyways.((funny how that official page gets quoted now. Again too cute))
    I´m sorry but to me you sound awfully suspicious. It´s your right but it looks like whatever CA do, it´s almost worse than AE Just one note. Doing whole trilogy as one big game with so many factions and unit diversity ....good luck. Look at other TWs how many models,animations were copy paste....with current tech you simply cannot produce such game with prize of one game. Or try it yourself.....I would buy it if you manage it. My point is. If you compare older DLCs for Empire / Napoleon..and R2 / Attila..and Warhammer you cannot deny the DLCs are now the best value for money

Actually the last post contains perhaps the real answer. To make all races etc playable in one game perhaps too large an undertaking. That's debateable.

And yeah I got warhammer in it's entiriety but after sales. And yes am very suspicious by nature...can be a good thing and a bad thing.

But CA has been well known for marketing ploys and the use of in-game cinematics etc. So perhaps the trilogy was announced pre Warhammer 2 or maybe we are led to believe it that so it's fits a marketing campaign. I for one dont recall the trilogy plan became known for quite some time on this forum. I bet there are quite a few other people who will think the same. Anyways it's a bit by the by.

If they had said due to tech reasons and to avoid lag that would make much more sense!

But cmon what makes more money three titles plus all their dlc working off the same base game or one base game with then cheaper expansions/dlcs?

p.s I will consider getting this but on one key area. New settlements especially the elves and reworked sieges. Oh and for the love of God faction specific advisors...this is reason enough not to buy any of the warhammers haha.

Actually the last post contains perhaps the real answer. To make all races etc playable in one game perhaps too large an undertaking. That's debateable.

And yeah I got warhammer in it's entiriety but after sales. And yes am very suspicious by nature...can be a good thing and a bad thing.

But CA has been well known for marketing ploys and the use of in-game cinematics etc. So perhaps the trilogy was announced pre Warhammer 2 or maybe we are led to believe it that so it's fits a marketing campaign. I for one dont recall the trilogy plan became known for quite some time on this forum. I bet there are quite a few other people who will think the same. Anyways it's a bit by the by.

If they had said due to tech reasons and to avoid lag that would make much more sense!

But cmon what makes more money three titles plus all their dlc working off the same base game or one base game with then cheaper expansions/dlcs?

p.s I will consider getting this but on one key area. New settlements especially the elves and reworked sieges. Oh and for the love of God faction specific advisors...this is reason enough not to buy any of the warhammers haha.
    How is it a marketing ploy to tell everyone they are doing a trilogy of games, that will combine together with other DLC, over a year before the release of the first game, and nearly two and a half years before the release of the second? I've linked the exact post on these very forums that shows they told us this upfront.

And if you wish further proof, here's your first post in that thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14480577

So far...

NO NEW ENGINE. So possible more performance woes.
    NO MODS
    DLC WHORING (i.e only the bare min races)

And then there's the big unknown on the units per faction and the use of magic.

On this basis am def looking to buy on sale. I ended up buying Atilla (for £20) but simply put because CA refuse to give us a new engine which I think is only fair after x years I am not going to pick this title up till bargain basement.
    They've told us what we are doing and how much it will cost, then provided us with exactly what they said they would. Plus a load more. They've been upfront from the beginning.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    How is it a marketing ploy to tell everyone they are doing a trilogy of games, that will combine together with other DLC, over a year before the release of the first game, and nearly two and a half years before the release of the second? I've linked the exact post on these very forums that shows they told us this upfront.

And if you wish further proof, here's your first post in that thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14480577

They've told us what we are doing and how much it will cost, then provided us with exactly what they said they would. Plus a load more. They've been upfront from the beginning.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Fair enough! Just seemed odd but perhaps this announcement has been forgotten at least by me.

But upfront from the beginning dont push it. Releasing titles then releasing dlc after is not being "upfront" to me. You have to be more specific...it's easier to get people to buy the main product get them hooked and then milk them for more no?

If that's being upfront ok....

Moreover again the lack of factions as with Warhammer raises it's ugly head once more. Cutting content so they can release a third title. Look I can see you defending every thing I say because well that's what some people on here do for some reason.

But proof will be in the pudding. Going to be very interesting watching someone like Lionhearts let's plays! Then I will make a decision.

p.s and you are over simplefying things somewhat. So they said they would release three games...ok so they do...big deal. That's normal. As I said I only got the game after all was released because yeah I didnt think the base game worth playing until this was all out. Oh and yes am still playing all my campaigns! So waiting to me isnt a big deal. Did I get my moneys worth? Yes! Would I recommend the first game? Yes! But only after sales n x patches etc etc.

One can argue that the extra factions in the current game along with the extra units etc make a huge difference to the overall enjoyment factor. So again this could be the same for this next title which is somewhat sad and you can expect some people to hold back.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; July 11, 2017 at 02:52 PM.

Fair enough! Just seemed odd but perhaps this announcement has been forgotten at least by me.
    I can certainly empathise. I forget plenty of stuff.

But upfront from the beginning dont push it. Releasing titles then releasing dlc after is not being "upfront" to me. You have to be more specific...it's easier to get people to buy the main product get them hooked and then milk them for more no?

If that's being upfront ok....
    I do feel that it is being upfront. While yes they didn't tell us the exact prices, they told us there would be two further games and there would be DLC. They also provided us with details of the kind of DLC that would be offered, also prior to launch.

Latest version: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...e_Content_Blog
    Original version: http://wiki.totalwar.com/index.php?t...og&oldid=21434

I also find the suggestion that they are milking us to be quite surprising, given the amount of content they give us for nothing. Not just the Free-DLC (details of which are including in the Blog Post above) but also doing things like giving everybody entirely new races to fight against in campaign (Beastmen and Wood Elves, both totally absent from the game at launch) even if you don't buy the DLC that introduced them into the game.

Moreover again the lack of factions as with Warhammer raises it's ugly head once more. Cutting content so they can release a third title. Look I can see you defending every thing I say because well that's what some people on here do for some reason.
    I hear people saying about lack of factions a lot. But I really think when comparing the number of factions between Warhammer and other Total Wars, you also really need to take into account the work involved in creating them. Because while there may be less total factions, each faction or more accurately each race has a lot more unique models and unique skeletons those models are built on.

Take any historical Total War, and you can make almost all land units (excluding siege weapons) with a handful of skeletons/models. Human, horse, elephant, dog, chariot. Different skins and tweaks like different helmets or weapons, but still fundamentally the same skeleton/model. (This is also reflected in both the large number of factions, and the cheap price of £1.99 per faction in DLC.)

Compare this to Warhammer, again not including siege weapons. Human, horse, steam tank, demigryph, dwarf, gyrocopter, gyrobomber, orc, goblin, squigg, troll, giant, arachnarok spider, wolf, boar, chariot, vampire (might use human skeleton, not sure,) skeleton (ditto,) fell bat, vargheist, skeletal horse. And that's just the four original playable races in the base game. That's not even including the Beastmen, the Wood Elves, Chaos Warriors

I would hazard a guess that if you were to take any one Warhammer Race has as many if not more models than the entirety of Shogun 2. Some races could probably give even diverse games like Rome 2 a run for its money when it comes to number of unique models/skeletons.

So when each time you make a race, you're basically having to do most of the units from scratch, the cost adds up fast. Which means you can make a lot less of them for an equivalent amount of money.This is why I don't think it's possible to make a direct comparison of number of factions.

As for "cutting content," how? They planned the content out for each game in advance, so they knew which part of the Warhammer globe would be covered by which game, and thus which races would be in which game. There is no content to cut, because it is only being made for the game or DLC it is intended to be for, and the creation of which will be paid by that game or DLC. The races of Warhammer 2, with the possible exception of Skaven, couldn't be in Warhammer 1 because they live in a completely different part of the world. It's the equivalent of saying that the Japanese Clans of Shogun 2 are "cut content" from Medieval 2, even though they're in totally different parts of the Earth.

But proof will be in the pudding. Going to be very interesting watching someone like Lionhearts let's plays! Then I will make a decision.

p.s and you are over simplefying things somewhat. So they said they would release three games...ok so they do...big deal. That's normal. As I said I only got the game after all was released because yeah I didnt think the base game worth playing until this was all out. Oh and yes am still playing all my campaigns! So waiting to me isnt a big deal. Did I get my moneys worth? Yes! Would I recommend the first game? Yes! But only after sales n x patches etc etc.

One can argue that the extra factions in the current game along with the extra units etc make a huge difference to the overall enjoyment factor. So again this could be the same for this next title which is somewhat sad and you can expect some people to hold back.
    I'm not questioning your decision to wait, and buy the game when the amount of content to cost is more to your liking. I would go so far as to say that I fully support it. I have done the same for many games, though not Total War, and even if I hadn't it should always be an option available.

All I'm trying to highlight is that they have given us a lot of information well in advance, including the trilogy nature and that there would be further additional content sold and that there's a lot more factors at play in this game when it comes to comparing them to Historical Total Wars than just things like number of factions.

Anyway, sorry for the very long post again. I like to be complete. Hope you all have a good night, day, whatever time it is when you read this.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Um guys, what about stopping our discussion for moment. Because today we got nice new video for High Elves / Lizardmen

- Swordmasters deflecting arrows!!
    - Looks like CA improved the elvish shields

Last edited by Daruwind; July 11, 2017 at 04:36 PM.

Um guys, what about stopping our discussion for moment. Because today we got nice new video for High Elves / Lizardmen

Looks nice! They have made some graphical improvements. However it's one battle map...I'd like to see some sieges as well. One thing that was a real bummer with warhammer was the lack of variation for the elves...

It's funny that the battle time limit is 1 hour, since the battles takes less than 10 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by musketer View Post
    It's funny that the battle time limit is 1 hour, since the battles takes less than 10 minutes
    Even less: "the real battle" last about 7 mins. But that's Total War nowdays, a wonderful video to see on youtube, great graphics, lighting effects , spells and outstanding creatures an lovely units, but if you talk about gameplay... well

Tomorrow....Dark Elves video
    https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/vi...1204295954765/

EDIT: In FB discussion was noted that Old Friend should be here "soon" for once i bet the 30. July is the day...as international day of friendship ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship_Day )
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 12, 2017 at 06:58 PM.

Dark Elves are here!

New TW:W1 DLC will be showed on July 19th.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...of-july#latest

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Want to see more dark elves...

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Want to see more dark elves...
    Preferably not via the means of a cinematic trailer. I struggle to find the reasoning behind CA's love for this type of trailer....to me means absolutely sweet FA. Cheesy marketing ploy...lame. (if anything puts me off buying the game).

p.s and ironically didnt i mention that a few posts back? Seemed CA read my mind and duly obliged me.