Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Rumor time! Looks like there is new string in files after Warden/Paunch DLC.. Kislev for pre-order? ME + Wh3 variant? Can we get any other idea why CA is touching this at the moment?
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...v-confirmed/p1

DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

That is a portal that opens in the Oldworld and the Legions of the Damn and the Aliance of Azertoh comes forward to the deligth of the copyrigth lawyers of GW and Blizzard, for the time for each of them to own a Yatch has come, and the 30 years old conspiracy come to pass as the gaming industry implodes. And beyond all that, a high pitche voice wishper... acording to plan.

Either that or a Empire Swordman reskin?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 31, 2020 at 05:02 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

At this stage I would say Kislev is 200% confirmend, but the question is when and how: base game, DLC, FLC? Also I am starting to feel the hype for the TWWHIII but I think there is still no factual evidence for larger Mortal Empires map than it exists now

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Also I am starting to feel the hype for the TWWHIII but I think there is still no factual evidence for larger Mortal Empires map than it exists now
    I could somewhat understand this argument before, although due to the limited size I thought it unlikely. Now that CA has expanded into the Darklands in this game already though that'd be incredibly underwhelming (it'd be underwhelming if they hadn't as well but now even more so), just adding the top 3/4 of the Darklands and the Mountains of Mourn (no idea how they'd squeeze all of that into this space). Given the demand for the inclusion of the rest of Lustria and the Southland and CA's own statements on the matter it makes sense to expect at least something there. I personally think including the East at least partially would be a good idea, adds some more variety, of the non-depressing sort that is.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Aye, it wouldn't make any sense to merge all three games into one map considering the trilogy aspect of this, and ME already being a thing. As for Kislev, if they're added now to the Warhammer 2 pack files it makes more sense for them to be a possible DLC (preorder bonus doesn't sound unlikely) than a base WH3 faction.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Well we have no idea if Kislev (or other pre-order) will work on Vortex, ME or both. Naturally a lot people were expected Vortex but look how Norsca works....ME not Vortex. So Kislev was always the best option in my eyes (if we exclude Araby....)

About map size. I suspect they will add more landmass because right now ME is feeling little overcrowded.

new update is upon us...
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...-boltz-update/
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Total War: WARHAMMER II – Da Nutz ‘N’ Boltz Update

Total War: WARHAMMER II

Al Bickham
    June 18 2020

This interim maintenance beta patch brings some fresh balance changes based on player feedback around The Warden & The Paunch. We’ve diversified some of the Orc tech-tree bonuses, reduced some higher-tier Orc recruitment times, made some unit balance changes for other races, and more besides.

If you’d like to opt in to the beta, please follow the below instructions.
    Instructions for Opting In

1. In your Steam games library, right-click Total War: WARHAMMER II and select Properties
    2. In the Properties window, select the Betas tab
    3. Select 9.2 from the Select the beta you would like to opt into: drop-down box
    4. Total War: WARHAMMER II will then update to version 1.9.2

Please note: there have been changes made to the Black Orc Big Boss skill tree in this update. If you are loading a save game that includes a Black Orc Big Boss, the hero will likely be missing skill points and stats due to the changes. For player who might experience this, we recommend starting a new campaign if opting in to the beta.

Campaign Balance Changes

Technology

We’ve received lots of community feedback regarding the balance between Orcs and Goblins, particularly in the Greenskin Technology Tree. On review, we agreed that the Orc bonuses were a bit one-note (leaning heavily on Weapon Strength), so have adapted several technologies to apply their effects to a broader set of units.

• ‘Eavier Clubs
      • +5 Melee Attack for Savage Orcs replaced by +8 Melee Attack for Orc Infantry

• ‘Eavy Metal
      • +3 Melee Attack for Orc Infantry replaced by +10 Armour for Orc Infantry
      • Weapon Strength bonus reduced from +10% to +5%

• Better Arrer Heads
      • All effects now apply to all missile infantry (was previously just goblins)

• Boar Painting
      • 10% recruitment cost for Savage Orcs replaced by +10% speed for Orc Boars

• Gobbo Crackdown
      • +10% speed for Goblins replaced by +10% speed for all infantry

Scrap Upgrades

We’ve also adjusted the following upgrade available to Orc Boyz, as we felt that, while strong in a specific context, it lacked the all-round value of equivalent upgrades.

• Padded Shield
      • Missile Block Chance reduced from +40 to +30
      • Now grants +15 armour

Other Changes

Over time we’ve tended to reduce the recruitment time of higher-tier units. Several units had not been updated accordingly, so we’ve made some changes:

• Big ‘Uns, Savage Orc Big ‘Uns and Boar Boyz recruitment time reduced from 2 to 1 turn
    • Norscan Giant and Greenskin giant recruitment time reduced from 3 to 2 turns

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed multiple rare end turn crashes.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when opening Recruit Lord UI if Gotrek is in the Lord pool
    • Fixed a softlock that occurred in multiplayer co-op when the call to arms diplomacy screen was displayed
    • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when loading in as The Golden Sun Order in multiplayer campaign
    • Gambling Winds of Magic will no longer give the same result each time
    • Removed the Lord of Changes’ influence on the stance list – it should no longer play mind games and close while moused over
    • Fixed an issue with army selection on the campaign map where having two armies nearby each other would sometimes block selection of the other
    • Updated Black Orc Big Boss with a stauncher skill tree
    • Grimgor now has a new faction effect that enables recruitment of Black Orc Big Bosses in all regions
    • Grimgor now has a new skill Best of Da Best which provides +2 capacity for Black Orc Big Bosses
    • Eltharion can no longer permanently imprison Lords following an autoresolve battle
    • Lords captured via the Warden’s Cage ability will now unlock their Lord Defeated traits
    • Added High Elves Fire Mage on Sun Dragon to Heroes unit caps
    • Imrik’s long campaign victory can now correctly be accomplished for those that do not own The Queen & The Crone DLC
    • Victory condition achievements should now correct unlock when completing a campaign as Grom on the Vortex campaign
    • Rank 7 veteran skills will now affect the Regiments of Renown included in The Warden & The Paunch DLC
    • Alarielle should now be able to recruit the new mages introduced in The Warden & The Paunch DLC
    • Marauder Chieftains should now have their correct skill trees
    • Fixed multiple occupation options for certain settlements for Nakai
    • Fixed multiple occupation options for Norsca on certain settlements
    • Black Orc Big Boss now correctly has VO in all areas
    • Added missing icon for Rebirth abilities when the unit failed to gain health and would instead die
    • Renamed Karak Ungor to Red Eye Mountain
    • Removed Fightiness from effect bundle when laying siege as Greenskins
    • Fixed various localisation issues in multiple languages

Unit Balance Changes

Dark Elves

• Ravagers of Rakarth (Scourgerunner Chariots)
      • Health per entity changed from 1256 to 1166

• Scourgerunner Chariots

Greenskins

• Orc Shaman (Warboar)
      • Base Weapon Damage changed from 80 to 90
      • Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage changed from 180 to 220

• Black Orc Big Boss (Warboar)
      • Base Weapon Damage changed from 255 to 120
      • Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage changed from 185 to 270

• Goblin Great Shaman (Spider Shrine)
      • Melee Attack changed from 54 to 58
      • Health changed from 9052 to 9957
      • Reload Skill changed from 0 to 10
      • Armour changed from 150 to 120

• Snotling Pump Wagon
      • Multiplayer cost changed from 450 to 500
      • Removed poison contact effect from thrown mushroom attack

• Snotling Pump Wagon (Flappas)

• Snotling Pump Wagon (Spiky Rolla)

Dwarves

• Ulthar’s Raiders (Rangers – Great Weapons)
      • Ammunition of primary weapon changed from 8 to 12

High Elves

• Silverin Guard
      • Base Weapon Damage changed from 22 to 24
      • Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage changed from 10 to 8
      • Multiplayer cost changed from 800 to 850

• Eltharin The Grim (Stormwing)
      • Multiplayer cost changed from 2150 to 2050

Bretonnia

• Repanse de Lyonesse (Warhorse)
      • Run Speed changed from 70 to 75
      • Charge Speed changed from 106 to 108

Ability Balance Changes

• Lord of Dragons
      • Duration change from 30 to 22
      • Cast range changed from 150 to 75

• Fermented Fungi
      • Duration change from 36 to 17
      • Cast range changed from 100 to 75

• You’re Next

• They Needs Stabbin’

• Spinning Loons
      • Cast range changed from 30 to 25
      • Added condition: Can no longer be cast if the unit is below 25% health

• The Loons of Eight Peak

Blog Entries

I can't see if they fixed the t-posing on boar bug there, but ah well - it is sort of funny

Also
    Updated Black Orc Big Boss with a stauncher skill tree
    Someone at CA watches LegendOfTotalWar, nothing beats a staunch line of spears, eh?
    and Peaman

another rumor mill...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...s_have_voiced/
    Looks like LLs from latest two LPs have voice lines for WE/BM/Chaos but not for Dwarfs or VC... Which is kinda interesting.
    https://imgur.com/a/aYPg3jq

just to compile hints so far:
    -CA said more Skaven in North Old World would be nice (Hellpit..Moulder?)
    -Skaven markings on Warden/Paunch logo...probably Skaven in next LP

-CA said more Beastmen in Naggaroth would be nice
    Last edited by Daruwind; July 04, 2020 at 12:19 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

If they're going to provide a pack including Wood Elves, I wonder if they'll change the way that they play.

In battle, their swift, stealthy and fragile units can be fun and challenging. The High Elves got some useful new units (such as Silverin Guard and Sisters of Avelorn), I wonder what kind of units the Wood Elves would get. Maybe they could have a higher-tier spear unit, so they can hold the line against an enemy who can set their usual line-holding units on fire? Since a High Elf faction (Avelorn) got the ability to recruit some Wood Elf units, maybe a WE faction could be able to recruit a couple of HE units in return?

On the campaign map, I find it frustrating to capture a settlement and be unable to upgrade the Asrai Lookout. If Asrai Lookouts could be upgraded, with a better garrison (and maybe a battle map which would favour the defender more), that would help. It would be interesting to see more variety within the Wood Elves, too, with extra Legendary Lords.

I would say, we will see what CA will do with BM and WE probably won´t be too far..I just fear the potential in WE. BM have multiple LLs options, missing units...stuff to hype/sell DLC/LP but WE are in my eyes just missing LLs. But getting some exotic units would be cool too.

I would start with ability to slowly expand the forest. In your proper region (not lookout) after building special building aka worldroots or building high enough level of main building you will get ability in surround regions (lookouts) to upgrade them to proper settlements. Thus slowly expand the forest around...I know the playstyle probably won´t be the best but this slow gardening regions around and slow expansion is basicaly the lifystyle for WE so in my eyes it is fitting

Plus alter Amber etc etc..

And Ariel

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

if this means we have a mechanism to change the climate of a region over time that could be nice.

Or maybe a new kind of corruption, "tree corruption"?

Kinda tree corruption but more like Lizardmen goe web. You just need to build ...garden forest to high enough level to allow surrounding region to be upgraded from lookout to something like "proper" foresty stuff region..with more slots. So yeah, expansion would be still super slow but it would fit WE theme?

Patrician Artifex

I like this idea. Hope CA is thinking about something similar.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Good thinking!

New beta patch
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Total War: WARHAMMER II – Da Nutz ‘N’ Boltz Update

Total War: WARHAMMER II

Al Bickham
    June 18 2020

This interim maintenance beta patch brings some fresh balance changes based on player feedback around The Warden & The Paunch. We’ve diversified some of the Orc tech-tree bonuses, reduced some higher-tier Orc recruitment times, made some unit balance changes for other races, and more besides.
    If you’d like to opt in to the beta, please follow the below instructions.
    Instructions for Opting In

1. In your Steam games library, right-click Total War: WARHAMMER II and select Properties
    2. In the Properties window, select the Betas tab
    3. Select 9.2 from the Select the beta you would like to opt into: drop-down box
    4. Total War: WARHAMMER II will then update to version 1.9.2

Please note: there have been changes made to the Black Orc Big Boss skill tree in this update. If you are loading a save game that includes a Black Orc Big Boss, the hero will likely be missing skill points and stats due to the changes. For player who might experience this, we recommend starting a new campaign if opting in to the beta.
    Update 13/7/2020

Da Nutz ‘N’ Boltz update has now been further updated with some high-priority tweaks and fixes. TheSE are as follows:

• Fixed a bug in the Vortex Campaign final battle which caused all four enemy armies to appear together at the start, making it exceedingly tough. Their arrival is now correctly staggered
    • Chapter objectives have been updated for Alarielleto use her correct campaign Rite (Greater Invocation of Isha)
    • Fixed issues with various heroes T-posing
    • Fixed an error in which the player could control a WAAAGH! army separate to their main army when raiding
    • Fixed an issue with the Army Stanceslist which caused it to erroneously close
    • Eltharion can no longer permanently imprison your Lords following an autoresolved battle
    • Completing a campaign now correctly triggers the achievement for completing the campaign on that difficulty setting
    • Greenskinand Norscan confederation dilemmas will now correctly fire after defeating faction leaders
    • Legendary Lord traits can now be acquired when fighting and defeating them in a battle 
    • Appropriate negative relationship traits are now unlocked when defeating races in battle
    • Fixed an issue where players would lose access to various army abilities given in the Vortex Campaign final battle
    • Players not currently performing a WAAAGH! in a co-op campaign can accumulate WAAAGH! points by razing settlements in preparation for their own WAAAGH!
    • Recycling items within the Dwarf Forge will now prevent Oathgold from being farmed and exploited

Campaign Balance Changes

Technology

We’ve received lots of community feedback regarding the balance between Orcs and Goblins, particularly in the Greenskin Technology Tree. On review, we agreed that the Orc bonuses were a bit one-note (leaning heavily on Weapon Strength), so have adapted several technologies to apply their effects to a broader set of units.

• ‘Eavier Clubs
      • +5 Melee Attack for Savage Orcs replaced by +8 Melee Attack for Orc Infantry

• ‘Eavy Metal
      • +3 Melee Attack for Orc Infantry replaced by +10 Armour for Orc Infantry
      • Weapon Strength bonus reduced from +10% to +5%

• Better Arrer Heads
      • All effects now apply to all missile infantry (was previously just goblins)

• Boar Painting
      • 10% recruitment cost for Savage Orcs replaced by +10% speed for Orc Boars

• Gobbo Crackdown
      • +10% speed for Goblins replaced by +10% speed for all infantry

Scrap Upgrades

We’ve also adjusted the following upgrade available to Orc Boyz, as we felt that, while strong in a specific context, it lacked the all-round value of equivalent upgrades.

• Padded Shield
      • Missile Block Chance reduced from +40 to +30
      • Now grants +15 armour

Other Changes

Over time we’ve tended to reduce the recruitment time of higher-tier units. Several units had not been updated accordingly, so we’ve made some changes:

• Big ‘Uns, Savage Orc Big ‘Uns and Boar Boyz recruitment time reduced from 2 to 1 turn
    • Norscan Giant and Greenskin giant recruitment time reduced from 3 to 2 turns

General Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed multiple rare end turn crashes.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when opening Recruit Lord UI if Gotrek is in the Lord pool
    • Fixed a softlock that occurred in multiplayer co-op when the call to arms diplomacy screen was displayed
    • Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when loading in as The Golden Sun Order in multiplayer campaign
    • Gambling Winds of Magic will no longer give the same result each time
    • Removed the Lord of Changes’ influence on the stance list – it should no longer play mind games and close while moused over
    • Fixed an issue with army selection on the campaign map where having two armies nearby each other would sometimes block selection of the other
    • Updated Black Orc Big Boss with a stauncher skill tree
    • Grimgor now has a new faction effect that enables recruitment of Black Orc Big Bosses in all regions
    • Grimgor now has a new skill Best of Da Best which provides +2 capacity for Black Orc Big Bosses
    • Eltharion can no longer permanently imprison Lords following an autoresolve battle
    • Lords captured via the Warden’s Cage ability will now unlock their Lord Defeated traits
    • Added High Elves Fire Mage on Sun Dragon to Heroes unit caps
    • Imrik’s long campaign victory can now correctly be accomplished for those that do not own The Queen & The Crone DLC
    • Victory condition achievements should now correct unlock when completing a campaign as Grom on the Vortex campaign
    • Rank 7 veteran skills will now affect the Regiments of Renown included in The Warden & The Paunch DLC
    • Alarielle should now be able to recruit the new mages introduced in The Warden & The Paunch DLC
    • Marauder Chieftains should now have their correct skill trees
    • Fixed multiple occupation options for certain settlements for Nakai
    • Fixed multiple occupation options for Norsca on certain settlements
    • Black Orc Big Boss now correctly has VO in all areas
    • Added missing icon for Rebirth abilities when the unit failed to gain health and would instead die
    • Renamed Karak Ungor to Red Eye Mountain
    • Removed Fightiness from effect bundle when laying siege as Greenskins
    • Fixed various localisation issues in multiple languages

Unit Balance Changes

Dark Elves

• Ravagers of Rakarth (Scourgerunner Chariots)

• Scourgerunner Chariots

Greenskins

• Orc Shaman (Warboar)
      • Base Weapon Damage changed from 80 to 90
      • Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage changed from 180 to 220

• Black Orc Big Boss (Warboar)
      • Base Weapon Damage changed from 255 to 120
      • Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage changed from 185 to 270

• Goblin Great Shaman (Spider Shrine)
      • Melee Attack changed from 54 to 58
      • Health changed from 9052 to 9957
      • Reload Skill changed from 0 to 10
      • Armour changed from 150 to 120

• Snotling Pump Wagon
      • Multiplayer cost changed from 450 to 500

• Snotling Pump Wagon (Flappas)

• Snotling Pump Wagon (Spiky Rolla)

Dwarfs

• Ulthar’s Raiders (Rangers – Great Weapons)
      • Ammunition of primary weapon changed from 8 to 12

High Elves

• Silverin Guard
      • Base Weapon Damage changed from 22 to 24
      • Armour-Piercing Weapon Damage changed from 10 to 8
      • Multiplayer cost changed from 800 to 850

• Eltharin The Grim (Stormwing)
      • Multiplayer cost changed from 2150 to 2050

Bretonnia

• Repanse de Lyonesse (Warhorse)
      • Run Speed changed from 70 to 75
      • Charge Speed changed from 106 to 108

Ability Balance Changes

• Lord of Dragons
      • Duration change from 30 to 22

• Fermented Fungi
      • Duration change from 36 to 17
      • Cast range changed from 100 to 75

• You’re Next

• They Needs Stabbin’

• Spinning Loons
      • Added condition: Can no longer be cast if the unit is below 25% health

• The Loons of Eight Peak

Patrician Artifex

Still nothing about the bow animation bug... 9 months later?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It's been years and hand gunners don't have a reload animation. CA don't cares much about that kind of things anymore. They probably have bigger fishes to fry and if the game sold well like that, why invest on fixing it while other things that might bring new income are in development. Not really a complain, but a business point of view I guess they are applying.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 16, 2020 at 07:12 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Patrician Artifex

I understand CA not making handgunner animation.
    But having bow animations, which were working before, now replacing the bow suddently is a bug. It should be fixed. And it shouldn't be that hard: it worked before, so they don't need to invest in new animation, just rewiring it correctly.

This is what I'm talking about. Unit has a bow when idle / moving, and when it start shooting it magically transform to another bow. And back to first one after shooting.

Blog Entries

Wait what? That doesn't make any sense
    and Peaman