Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Total War: Warhammer II announced

http://store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Neat little Skaven tease.

Also,
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War™ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.

This is a way larger map than I'd expect from TW:W 2. Looks like the third installment will go mostly to the North?

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...i-coming-soon/
    Last edited by Beregond; March 31, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

The end made me excited, yay ratmen!

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I read this on the Steam Page
    Shortly after launch, owners of both the original game and Total War™ WARHAMMER II will gain access to the colossal new combined campaign. Merging the landmasses of The Old World plus Naggaroth, Lustria, Ulthuan and the Southlands into a single epic map, players may embark on monumental campaigns as any owned Race from both titles.

Does this mean those who own Warhammer 1 will get Warhammer 2 for free? Or do we have to pay for it aswell? I hope we get it for free, since there was quite a lot of content missing from the first one

EDIT: Wait nevermind, it says owned race-. I guess that means more money down the shaft....
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

this means owners of both W1 and W2 will be able to play on a large combined map

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Seems like pretty much all the speculation was right, really looking forward to this
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Absolutely fantastic!
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I knew Lizardmen would be in in it(jungle and all) but when the Carnosaur started to munch on Dark Elves I was abit confused for a second.
    Was trying to think of which creature High Elves/Dark Elves has that would fit that description but then I saw the scales and then I recognised it.
    And that Slann looks like he is about to bring the pain on the intruders.

well that didn't take long...

I'm very disappointed about this announcement - expected historical title. Also worth noticing is that this game wont have naval battles either since otherwise CA would def mention this in game description ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/594570/ ).
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The FAQ indeed confirms there won't be naval battles. (Which they have been saying since forever)

Is naval combat happening?Only in autoresolve. Warhammer Fantasy Battles is principally a game about land warfare, so that’s where we’re choosing to focus our efforts in terms of full battle simulation. There are some new sea-related campaign features that we will detail in the future.

I really don't see how you could have expected it to be anything other than Warhammer 2 though, it's been heavily signposted since even before the release of the first game! There is a historical game in the works, but they're not gonna cannibalise the current series.
    [/COLOR]
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Nobody was expecting a Historical title, they have mentioned its still someway off numerous times.....hopefully because its going to based around a whole new engine. And hopefully based on the missing 1600's Pike and shot..

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Still waiting a historical TW title, so this not announcement not made me happy.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

This is disappointing news. Obviously for the fans of the Warhammer series I am happy for you guys.

Rome 2 will of been released 4 years ago this September, Attila is over 2 years old and I still consider that to be a fragment of the Rome 2 series rather than its own original new title. Sounds like no historical games will be coming this year so we are going to run a stretch of 3 to 5+ years in between historical titles? That's extremely unfortunate.

As someone who briefs these forums hardly ever these days, is Creative Assembly even doing right by the Warhammer series or does it still introduce the same stripped content, reduced options and depth, and streamlined gameplay experiences that plagued Rome 2 and Attila? Is there any sign that they've learned from the blunders and design decisions of Rome 2 and fixed them or anything?
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Warhammer is way better than R2 and Atilla ever was, they seem really bland now to me both. But you got Medieval Kingdoms coming out with a campaign soon. Better medieval game than CA will probably ever make.

Everyone on youtube was expecting a historical title. They outright stated that wh2 was on the way like a week ago.

In any case, observations:

2 Lords per faction.
    HE: Teclis (Video) Tyrion (Steam)
    DE: Malekirth (Video) and 95% sure Morathi due to prominent witch elves (Video)
    LM: Mazemundi and Kroc Gar (Video)
    SC: ?
    Each lord have a different start position (Q&A)

Additional end-game race will probably be chaos daemons. The game revolves around the vortex which is keeping Deamons away, and its failing. Teclis was shown a vision how to dispel a vortex and the same vortex can be seen over uthulian. The 4th race is Skaven, and the rat had some blisters on it so there might be a plague focus although I'd guess they'll jut add the faction as a whole not just the pestilens tribe.
    Last edited by Påsan; March 31, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    As someone who briefs these forums hardly ever these days, is Creative Assembly even doing right by the Warhammer series or does it still introduce the same stripped content, reduced options and depth, and streamlined gameplay experiences that plagued Rome 2 and Attila? Is there any sign that they've learned from the blunders and design decisions of Rome 2 and fixed them or anything?
    Warhammer is worse than any TW title in terms of game depth and campaign options. Battles are ridiculously fast - arcadey and sieges are a joke. Its not looking good if they will follow this formula when making the next historical title.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Another boring edition of Warhammer... yay. The fan boys will no doubt tell us how they have no issues paying full price for a dlc expansion.

CA's most hardcore fans get shafted again as they pump out more and more arcadey or now pure fantasy titles.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    2 Lords per faction.
    HE: Teclis (Video) Tyrion (Steam)
    DE: Malekirth (Video) and 95% sure Morathi due to prominent witch elves (Video)
    LM: Mazemundi and Kroc Gar (Video)
    SC: ?
    Kroc Gar wasn't in the video. I thought so at first as well but the Old Blood doesn't have his gauntlet nor his Carnosaur so think it's just a regular lord/hero.
    And for skaven it depends if they will do their whole faction or just Clan Pestilence but Pestilence only has one character pretty much so I'm going with the whole faction which in that case, I will go with Thanquol and Queek. They will compliment each other nicely.

So that pretty much means Warhammer 3 will be out next year? Great. By my calculations that means the next historical title will hit store shelves in 2019 at the earliest.

I'm gonna also venture a guess that the historical DLC is a pile of served by CA (alongside the "two teams" garbage) to appease fans of historical tiles. At this point I'm pretty sure that historical titles are dead and buried. We'll probably see another one come out in 2019 and that's about it. It never ceases to amaze me how gaming companies can keep *ng their customers over, and over, and over, and OVER again and they'll just take it.

Actually the historical title might as well come out next year. We do not know how far they are with the next historical title, they might have entered the development phase with it as we speak.
    And really, they haven't screwed you or any fan over since 1. they have been clear that Warhammer 2 was the next title(so why people thought this was gonna be historical title I have no idea), 2. As stated, they are already working on another historical and lastly 3. They aren't in any way, under any sort of contract to provide you with historical titles. CA are allowed to do other games then historical titles you know.

Page 1 of 54 12345678910112651 ... LastLast