Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Total War: Warhammer II announced

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    "Orange" could also be desert with an Araby DLC? It could fit both on Vortex and ME maps.
    Okey, orange was probably bad codename....New LL with Ziggurat pyramid and with orangely tone jungle all around.. Please not mess up with next totally orange sky FLC... ;-)
    Checking WH1 DLCs ( https://totalwarwarhammer.gamepedia....adable_Content ) Bretonnia as free update was after all paid DLCs. So if we will ever get Araby in similar manner, only after some more DLCs. But I totally can see it happening.

Plus. Looks like we are getting some other content. CA_Grace just posted on reddit about new Dawi unit - Giant Slayers. And according to Grace´s comments it won´t be all just for Dawi....
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...giant_slayers/

[–]Grace_CACreative Assembly[S] 6 bodů 12 minutes ago

As it says at the end of the video, this isn't all for the Dawi, plus if you're hungry for more updates stay tuned
    EDIT: So one interpretation might be, CA finally adding some unique starting positions for Wh1 LL. Add some units here, some landmarks there, basically update for old factions. These Troll Slayers are easily linked with Ungrim Ironfist as Slayer King and Karak Kadrin as new starting position for him. :-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; April 17, 2018 at 06:57 PM.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

New Tuesday new news

Skavens are getting Food campaign rework/buff, no detail info sadly Only possible hint might be word - hunting..hunt...maybe pointing new hunts for Norsca.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...campaign_buff/

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    New Tuesday new news

Skavens are getting Food campaign rework/buff, no detail info sadly Only possible hint might be word - hunting..hunt...maybe pointing new hunts for Norsca.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...campaign_buff/
    Araby map on the back ground... hmmmm....

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Next weeks update is hunting, which is basically Norsca and its probably gonna be about the new monster hunts.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Or it can be a rework of treasure hunt in the ruins

Or it can be a rework of treasure hunt in the ruins
    That would be actually super great. And especially scouting ruins. I´m pretty able to get a tons of money from sea, almost no negative effects while scouting ruins is really rare for me. I would love to see some kind of random battles in city ruins or ambushes something more..

Patrician Artifex

Ruins are poorly done compared to sea exploration. First, they yield few good results, with a good chance of negative results. And second, the sea spots are regularly respawn, while ruins are a lot rarer.

Today news is really about Norsca and four new hunts. Looks like there is no new keyword for next week except more news coming To me it looks like we have seen so far additions for WH1 old races (Dwarfs), new WH2 races (Skavens) and even DLC races (Norsca)... So basically every race/faction will get something.

Patrician Artifex

There's a hint.. "shortly". Maybe additional info about the dwarves? In previous preview of the Giant Slayers they said it won't be the only addition for dwarves.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

There's a hint.. "shortly". Maybe additional info about the dwarves? In previous preview of the Giant Slayers they said it won't be the only addition for dwarves.
    No, no. That's a typo. It's "Short Lee." He's the new intern Grace is teaching.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Ah right, I missed it. Plus it was not on FB page https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...orsca/dy9i5l0/

Dwarfs are obvious hint but CA already showed Slayers....what about Goblins? Also pretty short race.. :-) Halflings could also work but there are probably better things for Empire and maybe something with Skinks for Lizardmen? Sotek? Probalby no as these are small additions..
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 01, 2018 at 12:58 PM.

So guy at reddit noticed, that you can find Total Wars on IMDB and WH2 is listing voiceacter for "The Queen and The Crone DLC" which is clearly HE/DE Lord pack featuring Hellebron and Alarielle. :-)

reddit thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._for_next_dlc/
    IMDB:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7518584/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

EDIT: and another confirmation (under video games tab) the very same name:
    https://www.spotlight.com/7811-0160-2473
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 07, 2018 at 06:59 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Interesting thins: it says Shadow Walker... So if it is indeed Alarielle DLC,; it's likely we would also have Sisters of Avelorn and Handmaidens. With Shadow Walkers (as Hero? would be consistent with Loremaster), then maybe we would also have Shadow Warriors.

So this seems to hint at a rather large DLC with several units.

Comparing Grim/Grave and Kings/Warlords for WH1, I would expect similar size of content.

• Two new Legendary Lords…
    • …with new quest chains, magic items and skill trees
    • Two new additional Lord types
    • Five all-new battlefield units plus variants
    • Five new battlefields for custom battles and multiplayer battles
    • 18 elite Regiments of Renown

• Two new Legendary Lords…
    • …with new quest chains, magic items and skill trees
    • Two new additional Lord types
    • Six all-new battlefield units
    • 22 all-new elite Regiments of Renown

Question is, if the Shadow Walker is new hero which seems odd or like unit. Shadow Walkers are the best of Shadow Warriors so it could be a unit and an upgrade. And what about double mistake? What if the Shadow Walker is there for possible future HE FLC ... Alith Anar?

EDIT: one possible explanation why Alith Anar might be FLC, originally first FLC was an elven LL, which was swapped with Skaven Trentch so it is quite possible some work on this HE FLC is already done...like voiceover....which would quite well correspond with this actor. :-)
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 07, 2018 at 11:38 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Depends how you see things. Some purists (aka Lore Fundamentalist :p) consider that Shadow Walkers (or Sentinels) are not a "elite unit upgrade", but rather on officer, and that in Table Top, you never have a unit full of Shadow Walkers.

So they are in a kind of Limbo; not a full unit, and not a hero either...

IMO, TT has small size units (maybe 10 guys in a unit, and one is upgradable). For with a 120 guys units, that could be 12 elite... And since the game engine doesn't allow to have an elite core with a game effect, they can only be represented as an extra units (that's what I'm doing in my WIP mod)

So Shadow Walkers could be a hero... But I imagine it more as a unit, and maybe later we could have a HE FLC hero with Alith Anar (or even a LL).

If I had to guess, and supposing some balance between HE and LE, we could imagine 3 units, one hero or lord type and one LL.

For HE, the LL should be Anarielle. For units, we could have Sisters of Avelorn and Shadow Warriors. and a 3rd? Shadow Walkers as elite? Probably to much a clone of Shadow Warriors. Handmaidens? Or maybe another like Lion Chariots?

Shadow walkers; I don't see see them as a lord. Maybe a unit. But more likely a hero.

Handmaidens: same, could be a hero or a unit.

This week news is new starting position for Ungrim Ironfist to Karak Kadrin :-) New code phrase is "More changes are coming"

Interesting things is, at the top bar there is like new kind of resources and in right corner bar is also new icon with anvil and hammer...seems like item crafting? Or maybe Rune crafting?

Last edited by Daruwind; May 09, 2018 at 01:31 AM.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Is it just me or is there a snake sound effect at the end of the Video? Bloodwrack Medusa maybe?

Hmmm I checked a few others videos with news and no such hissing sound there...On the other hand, every videos has different music background. :-)

So this week is little different. We got no news yesterday at first. But with little distance...

1) Today we got a tweet from TW. Summoning electors counts? Could be hinting mechanics rework for Empire? New starting position for somebody (only elector among Empire LLs is Karl Franz)...But Captain America is like a herald for Avengers. Kurt Helborg? He has one Runefang as Elector Count...being Franz´s Reikmarshal.. Or maybe Boris Todbringer and his Middenheim?

*EDIT* Sadly Grace_CA said it is just a meme...

2) Grace_CA was yesterday shutting down all expectation about tuesday news BUT. With little delay and reading all the comments it might be starting to make sense. Looks like we get trailer or announcement this week...possibly...maybe.

3) We got yet another piece. Left side seems like Arielle and right as Hellbron. Falling leafs/snow maybe for Norsca?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...his_way_comes/
    Last edited by Daruwind; May 16, 2018 at 09:10 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Couldn't believe how exited I am for new Warhammer content when I came home from work today. Gon' be a good week I reckon.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.