Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

Went back to regular V4 myself. Sorry, Boyar. Your submod has promise, but needs work.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

The Romanian like Faction Dracule didn't even have Blood Knights for custom battle, it crashes too much but the UI/Portraits is better than regular THERA. Too many pointless factions, would be a perfect submod mod if it was simply reskinned Thera V4 with all the great new portraits and no crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellus88 View Post
    The Romanian like Faction Dracule didn't even have Blood Knights for custom battle, it crashes too much but the UI/Portraits is better than regular THERA. Too many pointless factions, would be a perfect submod mod if it was simply reskinned Thera V4 with all the great new portraits and no crashes.
    How MANY pointless factions exactly???
    What factions???
    And why are those pointless???????

The Blood Knights became an order of the Varia Nobility, the historical enemy of Dracule, The Dracules will, now, have to face this terrible heavy force. I wanted to create an interesting twist by giving Dracules more peasant units and only a few professionals, thus making the contest for Translavia more challenging for the Dracule players (or perhaps Boravian players who can help their Dracule allies and send expeditions to fight on Translavian war theater).
    Also, in real time history, the Romanian Principalities of the Middle Ages had only a few professionals and 90% of the army was composed of peasants and shepherds called only in time of war, and with such men they sometimes won great victories against Hungarian professional Black Army or Ottoman professional Janissaries. They used night attacks, scorched earth, mountain and forest ambushes, marshy terrain, etc. It was someway similar to the wars between the Teutonic Knights and the Lithuanians with the only difference that the Lithuanians outnumbered the Teutons while the Romanians where outnumbered by Ottomans and Hungarians.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_...2rgovi%C5%9Fte
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Posada
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

Yeah, Slavia landmass it's a bit crowded now, but also, more interesting, challenging and fun to play. In a future upgrade, I intend to create scripted Vikian Incursions from the North, to add more spices to the campaign, and, perhaps, (as I improve my understanding of modding) I want to make the Inquisition (with it's loyal orders) more interested and more present on all landmasses, including Slavia. Don't yo see how the Creative Assembly, in the latest games, transformed the rebels in mini-factions, crowding all the regions, adding realism and new challenges to players.

By choosing Dracule faction, the players will lead the Sovereign Order of the Dragon in the wars for Translavia against Varia Nobles with their heavy Cavalry and mounted and dismounted archers, and Vashta heavy slavers and slave-soldiers trained from infancy and equipped with guns. They will have to use the terrain, the walls, the diplomacy, the cunning, the ruthlessness, the night, the economy and the agents, to win and became the sole "Master of Translavia" (or Dragonmaster ).
    PS: I can also speak a lot about how interesting would be a Varia or a Vashta campaign.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; December 21, 2017 at 03:38 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar of Translavia View Post
    How MANY pointless factions exactly???
    What factions???
    And why are those pointless???????

The Blood Knights became an order of the Varia Nobility, the historical enemy of Dracule, The Dracules will, now, have to face this terrible heavy force. I wanted to create an interesting twist by giving Dracules more peasant units and only a few professionals, thus making the contest for Translavia more challenging for the Dracule players (or perhaps Boravian players who can help their Dracule allies and send expeditions to fight on Translavian war theater).
    Also, in real time history, the Romanian Principalities of the Middle Ages had only a few professionals and 90% of the army was composed of peasants and shepherds called only in time of war, and with such men they sometimes won great victories against Hungarian professional Black Army or Ottoman professional Janissaries. They used night attacks, scorched earth, mountain and forest ambushes, marshy terrain, etc. It was someway similar to the wars between the Teutonic Knights and the Lithuanians with the only difference that the Lithuanians outnumbered the Teutons while the Romanians where outnumbered by Ottomans and Hungarians.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_...2rgovi%C5%9Fte
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Baia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Posada
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

Yeah, Slavia landmass it's a bit crowded now, but also, more interesting, challenging and fun to play. In a future upgrade, I intend to create scripted Vikian Incursions from the North, to add more spices to the campaign, and, perhaps, (as I improve my understanding of modding) I want to make the Inquisition (with it's loyal orders) more interested and more present on all landmasses, including Slavia. Don't yo see how the Creative Assembly, in the latest games, transformed the rebels in mini-factions, crowding all the regions, adding realism and new challenges to players.

By choosing Dracule faction, the players will lead the Sovereign Order of the Dragon in the wars for Translavia against Varia Nobles with their heavy Cavalry and mounted and dismounted archers, and Vashta heavy slavers and slave-soldiers trained from infancy and equipped with guns. They will have to use the terrain, the walls, the diplomacy, the cunning, the ruthlessness, the night, the economy and the agents, to win and became the sole "Master of Translavia" (or Dragonmaster ).
    PS: I can also speak a lot about how interesting would be a Varia or a Vashta campaign.
    your mod is good the way it is I like the small mini factions get presents a good challenge however the game is Just riddled with bugs and makes it crashed and it becomes unplayable

so i tried your submod but went back to third age total war why because third age broken cresent is stable this submod is unstable if you can fix crashed i get in battle vs larger units like elephant and so on your mod would be good

Please fix the submod

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Please fix the submod
    How can I fix it, when, for me, works fine. I wouldn't have posted it if I would got crashes. I really don't know what to fix, the ancillaries maybe...

Yes fix those to begin with

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I reinstalled original V4 Thera and have been experiencing similar crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    I reinstalled original V4 Thera and have been experiencing similar crashes.
    That’s weird!!!

So is this mod working fine or what? i was wondering, if its worth downloading it, since the fact of that mod look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Garde View Post
    So is this mod working fine or what? i was wondering, if its worth downloading it, since the fact of that mod look awesome!
    Since i cant edit my post, i got another question:

I just downloaded the mod, but as soon as i want to start the mod, an error message appears:
    " it couldnt find Kingdom.exe. It says, i have to make sure, that the name is correct."

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Garde View Post
    Since i cant edit my post, i got another question:

I just downloaded the mod, but as soon as i want to start the mod, an error message appears:
    " it couldnt find Kingdom.exe. It says, i have to make sure, that the name is correct."

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oqZKv0bjZA

quick fix for mods on the steam version hope it helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As some of you know, the factions limit is 31 (with the pope and rebels included) The improved personal submod is still in work, but as I have only 30 factions in total, I will try to force it to 31 and create a faction inspired by Incredible Bulk, who suggested a long time ago an African based faction. I will create the "Mahadom of the Numari" (with original portraits for the leaders and characters and with Numari units) and test the submod with 31 factions.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 11, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Yeah, I don't want to criticize your work but every time I play your mod, the game crashes

I promise I will try as best as I can to make the improved version playable, I consider compressing the main total war folder and if the submod doesn't work in someones mods, perhaps with the main kingdoms copied in parallel, it will work without crashes, as it works for me. Yeah, that is why I don't know what to do, on my computer the submod works flawlessly. I can't explain why for so many of you it doesn't work
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 11, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

i hope the bugs get fixed cause i like your mod alot

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Could I get a link please?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Pretty please?

Seconding isa, I'd be very interested in playing the mod as well.