Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

Can this mod be given to people outside of here?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Yeah, I don't see why not.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Would this mod be save game compatible?

Hello brothers, thank you all for the appreciation, the sub mod is ..80% done, in a few weeks, I hope by the end of August, it will be 100% and I will upload it and send you the link in private.

- factions are changed from nations and kingdoms to armies, orders and tribes, because I fell that, in a sense, after the Great Torment it will take a long time to build a nation. I tried to make the Christendom (Gnostic variant) as a nation, under the Inquisition, who mandates many Religious Military Orders and two "private armies" that are more technologically advanced, one of Faust and one of mercenaries controlled by the Golden Bank.

- middle-eastern culture factions are transformed in Slaver societies, with slave-soldiers, slave ancillaries and slave economy. Barka is a collection of decadent sultanates like the real world Taifas of Spain, Vashta is a slave miltary junta that can take over this week sultans, and Tahar is a leader of some Tushkan desert dwelers and also the corsairs pay tribute to him.

- men of wotan are transformed to something that has elements of Conan the barbarian, the Free Folk, and Border Princes, its a hero of the Berdalnik Raiders who tries to conquer Koslov, Ysmirr and Boravia, and perhaps will stop the Holy Brotherhood of the Sword.

- the pagan factions are transformed in heroic societies

- Romuli are named The Legions of Constantium, being more an "Army with a State" not the other way around, and I've created 7 personalized Legions: I "Pax Constanta" II "Scutum" III "Expugno" IV "Fabiana" V "Aqvila" VI "Arcana" VII "Ultima" each with a unique role, one for rebellion suppression, one for sieges, one for defense, one for speed etc.

Very cool! I always liked Thera but thought it was a little too High Fantasy for my liking. This will, in my eyes, make things more serious in game roleplaying!

Can't wait

There's A lot of native missionary units there a basically the same from one another just with different names do you do be in different regions. Can those clone units be removed and just replace with the actual factions units as mercenares to free up some space to have another faction added?

We have a free place for a new faction, as "hungary" is not represented in the game, and I've thought about creating a new faction because we have on Thera, many choices:
    -in the northern landmass is Ysmirr, (I've left the original name) with ysmirr cavalry, sword and spear units, and Jotnarr auxiliaries (better forlorn hope), a playable Warlord of Ysmirr will spice things up in the north, entering in the arena with Vikian Jarls, Koslov and Holy Sword Brethren
    -on Translavia will be fun to have a Varia faction (also has 3 units) opposed to Vashta and the Order of the Dragon, and is the closest to the faction place "hungary" as Varia are imagined by TFON as fictional hungarians
    -on Europa we could make House Vexille playable
    -on Syrianna the Gnostic natives could form a faction, allied with the Pale Knight as real world Armenians with Crusader States
    -In the South are the Sumari Hordes or the exiles of Mondas, but they don't have many units, and the Horde of the Grey Tent (Lao Che) plays the role for Sumari
    -In Hesperos we could create a militaristic, spartan city-state, that will make more interesting the war for Hesperos, a vast region that has only two playable factions at it's margins, the Legions and the Sultan
    More and more I'm thinking at the last variant, and perhaps I will try to make on hungary place a playable faction in Hesperos, probably of the same culture as Constantium

Something messing a powerful black (African based) faction. Right now the only want to see or just some mercenary units . Something like Ethiopian empire back in the day

Also another idea inspired by the planet of the apes. Ape army.
    They will specialize in guerrilla warfare filing of the amongs tree gives them a bonus.
    Ape king bodyguard ( only bodyguard units will be on horseback with spears)
    Gorilla Guard- The shocktroopers arm with heavy clubs for crushing
    chimp spears
    chimp Javelins
    bonobo archer
    bonobo slingers
    Orangutans-siege weapons they can handle all the siege equipment and then arm with a small wooden daggers for the secondary weapon.
    Siamangs Scouts- (these apes for some reason were excluded from films, the largest of the gibbons) by themselves they'll be able to travel pretty far to be able to scout surrounding lands arm with a small wooden dagger.

army's pros
    *very strong
    *fight bonus on jungles and forrest
    *great night fighters

army cons
    *lacks armor
    *lacks steel weapons
    *lacks heavy Calvary
    *lacks technology
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; July 30, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

No ape army, please. That sounds really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    No ape army, please. That sounds really stupid.
    If you don't like other peoples ideas that's fine just say you don't like other peoples ideas you don't need to be calling them stupid or saying other names. It's rude and disrespectful

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

Personally my vote would be for the spartan city state as that land mass feels empty.

same argument could be used for the north i guess. but the south feels by far the most empty.

Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    Personally my vote would be for the spartan city state as that land mass feels empty.

same argument could be used for the north i guess. but the south feels by far the most empty.
    I've created 7 new factions:
    -Sons of Areus -- a spartan militaristic society that will be a welcome challenge for the Legions and the Immortals in the wars for Hesperos

-Men of Ysmirr -- a viking warlord society that uses the Jotnarr in it's armies and can become a serious rival for Koslov (men of Wotan), Holy Sword Brethren (Teutons) and the Vikian Jarldoms (Valhalla), in the Winter Wars of Norselund

-House Vexille --clone of Good Knights chivalric society, on Europa, but at odds with the Grand Inquisitor, so, it will have to face the Inquisition and the Orders

-Order of Repentance --hospitallers alternate clone, Grand Inquisitor's puppets, sent to Ibellika, in the religious wars, to help or replace the Otterbach

-Order of the Valiant Knights --templars alternate clone, Grand Inquisitor's puppets, sent to Gul peninsula of Syriana, to ease the pressure on the Pale Knights

-Varian Seats --nomadic to feudal transformation society that will make a three-way war on Translavia with the Order of the Dragon and Vashta

-The Temperate Ones --Hussite alternate clone, in northern Ibellika, replacing Faustians as adversaries of the Inquisition with it's Otterbach fanatics, the "Black Army" of Faust(I imagine Faust as a scientist turned tyrant and the "Black Army" is inspired from the real Black Army of Corvinus) remain on the western coast and will also be a challenge for this new faction that has troops from the former Dracule, as I gave them the most advanced units, and Dracules now will have to face Varia Boyars and Vashta slave soldiers with peasant troops and only a few good units as real world prince Vlad the Impaler did.

Using the instructions from here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6-Step-by-Step
    I have a total of 30 factions ( 28 playable, one rebel, one Inquisition)
    now, in this week, I am creating some regional ancillaries based on regional titles of other mods, but not as titles but as something else (some cities will give scholars, some courtesans, some miners, some slaves, some hunters, and so one)

Wow can't wait

So mostly cosmetic stuff left? Will you be releasing a Beta?

The units are the same, only some owners and names are changed, the map and climates are the same, the names of cities, castles and regions are changed, ancillaries are changed, all campaign characters have special portraits, 7 new factions, new stories, new screens, same music, new interface.

You're teasing me bro. Can't wait.

Sidenote I've been trying to give you more rep it's irritating it won't let me

So are you still on schedule for the end of August release?