Hello, mod is alive?

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

Where are you, Boyar?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_nVIeG0FiM

I do not know where to post this but here it is

Hello, the mod is alive, but I was again abroad to work for the last three months, and in impossibility to work on the mod. I will continue the work on it from tomorrow on. I hope to finish it in these two months and give it to all of you. I apologize to all for the last three months.

Glad your back friend! I hope abroad was alright? Can't wait to see more of the mod!!

Very good news, hello Boyar its nice to see you

dont give up boyar looking forward to that submod

Hi Boyar, I hope you're doing well in this godforsaken pandemic. Are you reaching the final stage of development of your submod? I'm very hope that it will fantastic, because i'm too excited of this project.

Hi, yes, it is in the final stage, at my current pace, it will be over after 40.. maximum 50 days, by the end of June

Hi Boyar, this release by the end of the month will be the final version?
    I was wondering if you have plans for future ones, considering other possible mini-factions like the Jotnarr, Otjuks, Mondii, etc.

Hi, believe me, if possible, I would have done it. We have a limit of 31 factions, without the rebels and the inquisition remain 29 playable factions. The original version has 21, and I've added 8 more.
    I've made some factions as confederations, in order to compensate this. For example, the player who chooses the Pact of Iron (Men of Valhalla), controls the northern Jarls, the Vikia on Translavia and the Norsalians on Salia. The Bon Chevaliers also control Lerians on Galba and the Pale Knights on Bae Eden. The Triarchy controls three peoples, and others like the Vashta or the Twin Malekates are also confederations.
    About the Mondii, I am very frustrated that I can't give them a playable slot. I made them as the main rebel antagonists of the Constant Imperium, who completely surrounds them.
    But, I don't mind changes to the sub-mod, anyone can modify it as it likes. Or can ask me to change a mini-faction with a new one, for their game. As I had many ideas, I have prepared unique stories, banners and portraits for the Jotnarr, Lykans, Minotaurs and Mondii. Perhaps if the Kilngons don't fit to Thera, we can change them with the Mondii. We will see.

What about making two separate version of submod? One will include klingon faction and another with mondii faction.
    Last edited by Panzer_Faust; July 03, 2021 at 10:04 AM.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar of Translavia View Post
    Hi, believe me, if possible, I would have done it. We have a limit of 31 factions, without the rebels and the inquisition remain 29 playable factions. The original version has 21, and I've added 8 more.
    I've made some factions as confederations, in order to compensate this. For example, the player who chooses the Pact of Iron (Men of Valhalla), controls the northern Jarls, the Vikia on Translavia and the Norsalians on Salia. The Bon Chevaliers also control Lerians on Galba and the Pale Knights on Bae Eden. The Triarchy controls three peoples, and others like the Vashta or the Twin Malekates are also confederations.
    About the Mondii, I am very frustrated that I can't give them a playable slot. I made them as the main rebel antagonists of the Constant Imperium, who completely surrounds them.
    But, I don't mind changes to the sub-mod, anyone can modify it as it likes. Or can ask me to change a mini-faction with a new one, for their game. As I had many ideas, I have prepared unique stories, banners and portraits for the Jotnarr, Lykans, Minotaurs and Mondii. Perhaps if the Kilngons don't fit to Thera, we can change them with the Mondii. We will see.
    I would be interested in a Klingon/Mondii swap version. No judgement to anyone who likes that idea, it's just not my speed

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer_Faust View Post
    What about making two separate version of submod? One will include klingon faction and another with mondii faction.
    Yes it's a great idea.
    I will soon give you a link with the sub-mod, but, unfortunately, a family tragedy prevents me to fully commit to the work right now. I need only two weeks of work and it will be ready. As soon as possible I will continue.
    It will be with the Klingons, in order to shorten the time of the release, but afterwards I will also make a version with Mondii.

Am definitely looking forward to this mod, especially expanding the factions to M2's limit and being able to play more of Thera's lore is exciting! Good luck, Boyar, and I am so sorry for your tragedy.

If you want, I can write a history background for Mondii faction. What kind of army Mondii have? Do they belong to a barbarian culture?
    Also, i'm sorry for tragedy you have suffered. I hope you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer_Faust View Post
    If you want, I can write a history background for Mondii faction. What kind of army Mondii have? Do they belong to a barbarian culture?
    Also, i'm sorry for tragedy you have suffered. I hope you will be fine.
    Their armies are the heavy troops of the former Povos de Hispania. Now they are just powerful rebels, but if we have to give them a culture, it's hard because they are like a mix between barbarian, classical and slaver, and perhaps the best mix for them is in the underworld culture.
    Their portraits are inspired from the historical Avars.

I have a text about them at the beginning of the Constanti campaign:

"Mondii Crisis

Mondii were a people native of Avernus, forced by the legions to settle on Hadea, in the time when Constantius ruled over the whole Republic. The exiled Mondii crossed over the Crescent Mountains and built Mondas, their new home. Separated from the rest of Hadea by the Heracalan Limes, Mondas is surrounded by the Constant Imperium and has remained under the domination of the Constanti since its beginning, and every year, a large tribute was sent to Constantium. But last year, the tribute never came, only a messenger who brought a letter from the Mondii nobles, stating that since Mondas grew as large and as rich as Constantium, and since the Companions of Mondas are as powerful as the Legions of Constantium, for one to be the subject of the other is no longer possible, and from now on, Mondas is a free city-state, with its own policy and external ambitions.

Our able founder, Constantius has foreseen the lucrative economic potential of Mondas and that is why he brought the Mondii to Hadea. If the Mondii have become as unruly as Hadeans, we must sent our Legions and show them how foolish they are to defy Constantium, and how their pathetic Companions are no match for the Legions, just like the armor of this worm who called himself messenger was no mach for my gladius!"

That sounds interesting

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Mondii Delenda Est!
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Hyped for this sub-mod when it gets released eventually.

Thera became my favourite mod in the end, loved playing the Lao Chi and their mad fire guns! The game has such an epic feel, the factions are different enough to make each encounter feel fresh and challenging. Your improvements can only add to that. Hope the terrain is modded to add more geographical features as it can be a bit plain...

Oh and if, somehow, the 'Med II TW has stopped working' message won't attack me 256 turns into my campaign... then finally I will be able to complete world domination!