Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

Yeah, I noticed that myself. Practically have to cheat to expand at all.

Oh, I'm sorry friends, I just wanted to represent a realistic impact on economy by maintenance of large armies, and I didn't realize the long term effect on economy by the characters guards, so I will try to redress the situation, by reducing to 0 or, in some cases to 50-100, the cost for all units that are staying in cities, and reduce the costs of bodyguards. I will take the income of the major city of every faction at it's starting infrastructure and assume that it's income could keep on campaign a normal army/legion, and I will adjust the faction's unit costs to that. Also I forgot to implement two adds to the starting map, that were planned. Vashta supposed to have some assassins near the important cities of Syrianna, and the Golden Bank it's spies all over Ibellika. Also, the members of house Premysle of The Temperate Ones will have new portraits, and I'm thinking about adding a new culture for Lao Che.
    In a few days, maximum a weak, I will release the upgraded version of this sub mod.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 03, 2017 at 02:39 AM.

Just give us a shout when it's done, we'll be waiting.

Thanks for sending me a pm with the submod!

Just a question:

Cant you really just post this submod officially bec its against the devs wishes, who abadonded the project like 1~3 years ago?
    Wont handing out a submod in secret be against the rules too?

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by weichei007 View Post
    Thanks for sending me a pm with the submod!

Just a question:

Cant you really just post this submod officially bec its against the devs wishes, who abadonded the project like 1~3 years ago?
    Wont handing out a submod in secret be against the rules too?
    I believe is in this place in page 1 mod said was ok as long as he does not post link here which is against the rules

We're sort of bending the rules. If a mod comes in and says we have to stop discussing it here, then that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that myself. Practically have to cheat to expand at all.
    I helped myself by editing the export_descr_unit file ans changing the bodyguard cost to 0~50 per turn.
    Most of the legionaris and other "high cost" romuli units got 100$ removed in per turn cost.
    Works fine for me at least in the campaign. Took me only 3 mins.

Of course i would prefer Boyars version as soon as its released, way more thought input than my 3 min changes

Quote Originally Posted by weichei007 View Post
    I helped myself by editing the export_descr_unit file ans changing the bodyguard cost to 0~50 per turn.
    Most of the legionaris and other "high cost" romuli units got 100$ removed in per turn cost.
    Works fine for me at least in the campaign. Took me only 3 mins.

Of course i would prefer Boyars version as soon as its released, way more thought input than my 3 min changes
    You can change the submod as you want, is no problem, it's purpose is to be liked and played by you, so you may improve it as you like.
    I will make those minor changes, and also I would like to add the ethnicity traits to the mod, I will have EB as a model, and I hope to succeed. I have several ideas, and if I can implement the ethnicity traits, for Constantium, they will be political affiliations, not peoples, although we can have First Settler, Avernusi, Hesperosi, Hadean etc. But my idea is that the legislator and the tribunes will be members of four political parties:

Closed Avernus - an isolationist political group who states that Constantium should fortify the mountain passes to Avernus and cut all ties with foreigners, keeping only Avernus for exploitation and colonization. It's members, predominantly landowners, are very influent on the political scene of Constantium, being supported by the city's elites and by many citizens.

Vindicatio - a xenophobic political group who states that the Legions should burn Demos, Mondas and Lacedora and exterminate those traitors and rebels who disrespected the people of Constantium, and also Troylium, the ancient home of the First Settlers should be put under the guardianship of the Legions. It's members, predominantly former commanders, slavers and demagogues, are very influent on the political scene of Constantium, being supported by the masses and by many legionarii veterans.

Roads to Constantium - a pacifistic political group who states that Constantium should give equal status to all the inhabitants of Avernus to stop future uprisings and migrations (like the Mondii episode), and maintain good relations with all the foreigners, by using diplomacy and trade, not war, if possible, if not, then allies must be found to help against a warmonger enemy, and divide his lands. It's members, predominantly scholars, artisans and merchants, are lovers of Hesperosi culture, and are very influent on the political scene of Constantium, being supported by some middle class citizens and by the marginalized peoples of Avernus.

Light of Mithras - an imperialist political group who states that the Legions should expand the power and glory of Constantium by conquering all the landmasses and bring all the peoples under the Mithraic Light of Constantium. It's members, predominantly young commanders and priests, are very influent on the political scene of Constantium, being supported by many legionarii and cultists of Mithras.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 04, 2017 at 06:59 AM.

I'm also seeing a disproportionate number of CTDs. I've started a couple campaigns thus far that have ended in CTDs when I go to end the first turn.

I'm also seeing a disproportionate number of CTDs. I've started a couple campaigns thus far that have ended in CTDs when I go to end the first turn.
    Likewise two campaigns so far on the first turn and I can't get past them

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

The Legions of Constantium work relatively CTD free for me , played 80 Turns and only had one random CTD in round 56.
    It's just the unbalanced upkeep/ unit costs.

Can't speak of other factions of course, haven't played them.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

We're sort of bending the rules. If a mod comes in and says we have to stop discussing it here, then that's that.
    Well, this is one mod who is not saying that! However, if TFON makes a reappearance and nixes it, I will, of course abide by his wishes.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    The Legions of Constantium work relatively CTD free for me , played 80 Turns and only had one random CTD in round 56.
    It's just the unbalanced upkeep/ unit costs.

Can't speak of other factions of course, haven't played them.
    I've had two first-turn CTDs with the Legions, as well as one with the Armada, and one with Avaleon.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I don't want to derail/hijack this thread at all, but anyone interested in helping me out with faction/unit names for a mod quite similar to THERA but for Total War: Attila? I had the idea before I learnt of THERA.
    Just pm me I guess.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 06, 2017 at 04:06 AM.

The sub mod “Minifactions of Thera” has the following changes:

- 8 new factions (Men of Ysmirr, Varia Seats, House Vexille, Order of the Valiant Knights, Blessed Armada of Deliverance, The Temperate Ones of Boravia, Sublime Shahdom of the Immortals and the Sons of Areus)

- 13 changed factions (Sovereign Order of the Dragon, Bagatyrs of Kozlov, Vikian Jarldoms, Black Army of Faust, the Golden Bank, Order of Good Knights, Brotherhood of Avaleon, Holy Sword Brethren, Taharids, Slaver Corsairs, Vashta Dynasty, Legions of Constantium and the Hordes of the White Tent)

- removed old vanilla ancillaries and replaced with new ancillaries (faction ancillaries: Throne of Kozlov, Golden Scimitar; office ancillaries:
    Order Reclusiarch, Vizier of the Slave Soldiers; person ancillaries: Shelamzion the Courtesan, Jan Helman the Reformer; regional ancillaries: Padméan Dancer, Numari Slave Guard; and the Spoils of War, given to the commanders who take rich cities of Mesocala and other important cities)

- changed units (some have regional names, ex: Corellian Company, Vlohian Shepards, Beustrian Battle Brothers; faction elites have other names, ex: Angels of Death, Courtier Horsemen, Leonguard)

- changed unit owners

- Constantium has 4 political parties with different ideologies

- regions, cities and castles renamed (ex: Haar-City of Light, Vezzarra-The Golden City, Black Tower of Ghul, Meghrekesh-City of the Sunset)

- starting campaigns in the middle of wars (ex: Bagatyrs of Kozlov begin with the Berdalnik Warlord’s attempt to conquer Kozlov; Armada of Deliverance and the League of Privateers are engaged in a huge naval battle; Tushkans led by Tahar are about to destroy the retreating crusaders in the desert, Vlad Dracule sent his eldest son to deal with a traitor boyar)

- all rebels reworked, they have now their own specific regional names and troops (ex: Huang Prefects, Otterbach fanatics, City-States of Hesperos, Sastrian Heretics, Wolfmen) and are more connected to the playable factions stories and campaigns

- 7 personalized Legions of Constantium

- changed stories

- changed religions (ex: Gnostic Creed, The Ancient Ways)

- all starting rulers, commanders and princesses have personalized portraits

- Jihad changed to “Enslaving Campaign”

- changed interface

- N&S content

- changed cultures

- new loading screens

- changed offices, titles and names

-
    new portraits for Khan's Commanders

- new portraits for Tushkan Commanders

- new banners

- legendary generals
    (ex: mercenary commander Comrebo Labienza for the Golden Bank; Tashfin the Scorpion for the Taharids; tribune Quintus Torvus for the Legions, Comas the Woodsman for the Bagatyrs; Grand Admiral Makabius Vulker for the Armada of Deliverance)

- changed quotes

-
    re-balanced unit upkeep

- new diplomatic relations

- new picture with the map
    of factions and mini-factions, to help you on your grand strategy planning

- new recruitment buildings for naval troops and slave soldiers

- rebels are more powerful and harder to conquer

- major ongoing revolutions
    (ex: Vexille
    Rebellion and Peasant Uprising on Europa landmass; Boravian religious unrest on Ibellika landmass; Gladiator Rebellion on Avernus landmass; Reptarri Slave Revolt on Hydrapoor)

- all Chivalric Kingdoms and Grand Duchies transformed to Religious Military Orders

- 3 rival maritime powers
    (League of Privateers, Armada of Deliverance and the Slaver Corsairs)

- now all continents have at least one playable faction

- new victory conditions

The sub mod contains all the needed files, so it’s standalone, and can be downloaded and placed in the mods folder of the Medieval II Total War, but mustn’t be copied over the original version of Thera. It has many changes and won’t work if it’s mixed with unchanged files. I’ve decided to post it on the forum because the creator has abandoned this project for some years and also, the post can be easily deleted if TFON comes back on the Forum and wants me to delete it. It’s no problem; he is the creator and must be respected. But in his long absence, it’s absurd for the rest of us not to discuss, change and play changed versions of Thera Total War. I hope you will enjoy it without CTDs and the download link will work. Best regards. Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 06, 2017 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    I don't want to derail/hijack this thread at all, but anyone interested in helping me out with faction/unit names for a mod quite similar to THERA but for Total War: Attila? I had the idea before I learnt of THERA.
    Just pm me I guess.
    Hello, You can download my version and take all the names for regions, factions, ancillaries or troops that you want. This awesome mod created by The First O'Neill, can be continued on Total War:Attila, especially because it's story is also about fall of civilizations, and the ambient of Attila will be perfect for this fantasy fallen world.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks mate, great job!
    Did you rebalance unit upkeep though? Couldn't find anything about it in the description.

I think a little boost in income wouldn't here either....will try the new version asap.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    Thanks mate, great job!
    Did you rebalance unit upkeep though? Couldn't find anything about it in the description.

I think a little boost in income wouldn't here either....will try the new version asap.
    yes, I have made some changes, but I still couldn't change to 0 the cost for the guards, as I felt that will be unrealistic, so if some players still have some difficulties, they can change the descr_strat by adding more money to the kings_purse of their favorite faction, and the faction can have large armies. With the starting armies, the playable factions can conquer one or two neighboring cities, raise the taxation level and start to build agricultural and commercial infrastructure first, as they have, in the beginning, enough troops to defend their lands. and after a few years their income could be used to build up military infrastructure, and finance campaigns of conquest.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 06, 2017 at 02:40 PM.

So do we have to delete the old version and just use this new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    So do we have to delete the old version and just use this new one?
    Yes, in order to avoid CTDs. I hope that this new version will work better.