Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Icon11 Thera Submod is coming!

The sub-mod "Mini-factions of Thera" continues, I'm going to root out any bugs I can find and continue to improve the submod, adding more units to the new factions, improving the game-play, balancing the economy and the units, adding more portraits and ancillaries and creating new interesting factions and stories.
    The sub mod will be ready in late October

The sub mod “Minifactions of Thera” has the following changes:

-----GAME-----

- 9 new factions (Men of Ysmirr, Varia Noble Seats, House Vexille, Blessed Armada of Deliverance, The Decadent Republic of Vezzarra, Padméa-Phobosia, The Triarchy, The Hadean Priesthood and the Sons of Areus)

- 12 changed factions (Sovereign Order of the Dragon, Vikian Jarldoms, Black Army of Faust, The Golden Bank, Order of the Valiant Knights, Clerical Island, Holy Sword Brethren, The Wise Taharids, Slaver Corsairs of Vashta Dynasty, Sublime Shahdom of the Immortals, The Hegemony of Constantium and The Horde of Lao)

- removed old vanilla ancillaries and replaced with new ancillaries (faction ancillaries: Throne of Chromirr, Golden Scimitar; office ancillaries:
    Order Reclusiarch, Vizier of the Slave Soldiers; person ancillaries: Shelamzion the Courtesan, Jan Helman the Reformer; regional ancillaries: Padméan Dancer, Numari Slave Guard; and the Spoils of War, given to the commanders who take rich cities of Mesocala and other important cities)

- changed units (some have regional names, ex: Corellian Company, Vleh Shepards, Beustrian Battle Brothers; faction elites have other names, ex: Angels of Death, Courtier Horsemen, Leonguard)

- changed unit owners

- Constantium has 4 political parties with different ideologies

- regions, cities and castles renamed (ex: Haar-City of Light, Vezzarra-City of Carnivals, Bendeli-Seray of Thiefs, Sybaryon-City of Pleasure)

- starting campaigns in the middle of wars (ex: Armada of Deliverance and the League of Privateers are engaged in a huge naval battle; Tushkans led by Tahar are about to destroy the retreating crusaders in the desert, Vlad Dracule sent his eldest son to deal with a traitor boyar)

- all rebels reworked, they have now their own specific regional names and troops (ex:
    Thiefdoms, Huang Prefects, Patrician Conspiracy, City-States of Hesperos, Plague Horrors, Wolfmen) and are more connected to the playable factions stories and campaigns

- 13 personalized Legions of Constantium

- changed stories

- changed religions (ex: The Creed, Pleasure Cults)

- all starting rulers, commanders and princesses have personalized portraits

- Crusade changed to “Purge” -in the name of the Demiurge, for the Purity of The Faith

- Jihad changed to “Serpent's Retribution” -The
    priests and shamans visited by the Serpent God will preach for new campaigns of retribution, greater the Greystoke's Retribution over the Inquisition's capital of Haar

- changed interface

- N&S content

- changed cultures

- new loading screens

- changed offices, titles and names

-
    proper portraits for Jotnarr Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Zuabii Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Tushkan Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Numari Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Taifa Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Immortals Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Corsair Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Hesperosi Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Lykan Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Reptarri Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Sumari Commanders

-
    proper portraits for Chuan Commanders

- new banners

- legendary generals
    (ex: mercenary commander Comrebo Labienza for the Golden Bank; Tashfin the Scorpion for the Taharids; tribune Quintus Torvus for the Legions; Haluk the Viper for the Immortals; Grand Admiral Makabius Vulker for the Armada of Deliverance)

- changed quotes

-
    re-balanced unit upkeep

- new diplomatic relations

- new provinces and cities

- new recruitment buildings for naval troops and slave soldiers

- rebels are more powerful and harder to conquer

- major ongoing revolutions
    (ex: Vexille
    Rebellion and Peasant Uprising on Salia landmass; Boravian religious unrest on Bellika landmass; Gladiator Rebellion on Avernus landmass; Reptarri Slave Revolt on Hadealandmass)

- all Chivalric Kingdoms and Grand Duchies transformed to Religious Military Orders

- 3 rival maritime powers
    (League of Privateers, Armada of Deliverance and the Slaver Corsairs)

- now all continents have at least one playable faction

- new victory conditions

- new AI campaign labels, borrowed from Europa Barbarorum II

- some small errors with family trees and buildings in descr_strat repaired

- new faction images

- all unit-infos appear now

- more units for the mini-factions

- rebels have distinct religions, dominant in their respective regions (ex: Keshim are heretic, Otjuks adopted Elgabalus as their god, Reptarri and Zacatecos worship animal deities, and so on)

- more realistic and more limited AOR

-----NORSELUND-----

- the Warlord of Ysmirr has become a Serpent cultist. Now Ysmirr, Padmea, the Chosen of Kukulkan and the League of Privateers have the same religion, making the cult of the Serpent God, a serios rival to the Demiurgic Creed

- the assassination of the Ruler of Chromirr at his wedding with a princess of Brewall started a succession crisis that implicate the forces loyal to the new princess of Chromirr and her Brewalic Heroes, the Order of the Holy Sword, the son of the Warlord of Ysmirr and the Zhulaki Raiders.

-----CHIVALRIC WORLD-----

- new portraits for all Chivalric leaders, generals, princesses and priests

- landmasses renamed (Europa becomes Salia, Avalon becomes Mistland and Thetra becomes Galba) along with some provinces and cities

- now House Vexille is beyond redemption, as the faction religion is changed to heretic so they wont appear in the circle who elects the Grand Inquisitor, they are isolated and will have to resist against the full power of the Inquisition and the militant Orders

- the Good Knights failed to secure Salia and the Grand Inquisitor placed them under the authority of the Valiant Knights

- Northern Invasions on Translavia, Salia, Mistland and Galba

- the islands of Translavia are home for the main castle of the Valiant knights, an Inquisitorial Mining Prison and the Fortified Depositary of the Inquisition

- changed diplomatic relations, the Inquisition has more power over the Chivalric Orders

- the alliance system is more dynamic and the player will now have to consider more seriously if he attacks a faction, because next turn, the faction’s allies will declare war, or if he enters in alliance with a faction that has powerful enemies; for the Chivalric Orders and Armies will be especially difficult to be at war with a Chivalric rival and not suffer excommunication, isolation and crusades, from the Inquisition; the player will have to prepare his faction to face those consequences …or pursue, by other means, a secret war against rivals; disrupting their economy or social order, eliminating powerful rulers or undermining their alliances, to isolate them and then start the military invasion, while keeping good relation with the Inquisition, by tributes or religious zeal

- the Slaver Corsairs have assembled a vast fleet, planning to make a surprise attack on Haar, the center of the Inquisition, but the fleet was caught by a great storm and failed to reach the Inquisitorial island. The remnants landed somewhere on the shores of Translavia, where the Corsairs started to raid and enslave the locals.

- new scenario in Translavia, a decisive battle is about to begin as the Varia Boyars have betrayed Vlad Dracule and have joined with the Vikian Warbands, blocking the Vlohian Host after crossing a river

- the conflict between the warring factions of Translavia will be dwarfed a far greater and terrifying threat that is beginning to unleash upon the Landmass.

-----BELLIKA-----

- new portraits for all Moderate leaders, generals, princesses and priests

- Otterbach, the greatest crusading noble house (that was the main rebel sub-faction antagonist of Faust), becomes playable, so the players can have the option to resist against sectarian tendencies that spread in Northern Bellika and defend the Inquisition’s interests, fighting with zeal and swords against the guns of Faust, the mercenaries of the Golden Bank and the heretics; and, perhaps, save the doomed crusade in the Tushkan Desert (or, at least, recover the lost banner)

- the starting regions of all Mercantilist Factions in Northern Bellika are changed, so these factions will have more room to expand

- new faction: Vezzara

- “the Money States”, as are collectively known the city-states of Vezzara, Sardova and Tyragliano, belong to the Bellikan Mercantilist Culture and the Vezzarans have colonies on Mesocala and Huang-Chuan

- Vezzara has a different religion, inspired by an ancient cult of a Bellikan tribe that once inhabited the region at the coming of the Demiurgic Creed. The Money States and especially Vezzara, were wronged by the Inquisition and Otterbach Overlords and Vezzaran Patricians chose to reject the Demiurge and replace him with The Laughing God at the center of worship, and, they also have developed a hedonistic decadent society obsessed by pleasure, luxury and never ending carnivals

- in Vezzara, all the patricians and commanders are wearing masks in public

-----SLAVERS WORLD-----

- new portraits for all Slaver leaders, generals, princesses and priests

- after Immortals takeover the Malikate, the Vashta escaped and became corsairs

- the ministerial offices of the slaver factions become more important, and all slavers start with holders of the titles in positions of power, in accordance with their offices

- new infrastructure system for the slavers

-----MESOCALA-----

- The Inquisition commanded the Order of Blood Knights to establish a base on Mesocalan coast, competing with the explorers of Faust, of the Golden Bank and those of the Money States

- new Meso ancillaries

-----SOUTHERN CONTINENTS-----

- The Renegade Legion becomes the second pillar of the Sons of Areus

- new faction: Priesthood of Death, (it’s the former Hispania moved from between the Cross and the Crescent, between the Uruks and the Legions)

- the former priests of callisto are transferred to the Priesthood of Death

- now the Freehold has only former gladiators and slaves of all species in its armies, becoming a true Spartacus-like faction

- gladiator rebels from Avernus, and the Reptarri miners from Hadea, joined the Freehold

- new spark of conflict: the people of the island of Samotra were attacked by pirates and desperately called for help both the Hegemony of Constantium and the Padmeans. When help arrived, the pirates were gone, but the two rival armies are on the same tiny island, beginning a war that can mean the end o one of them (like in the real time history, Rome and Carthage started the First Punic War when they were called to help by the same city-state in Sicily)

- The Tyrant of Sybaryon joins forces with the Ethureans and the lost colony of Trantosia, to resist against the Legions of Constantium, forming the Triarchy

- now the Freehold has not only Uruk but also Lykan, Reptarri and Human commanders

- the Lao Horde wont be the single playable faction on the continent of Huang-Chuan, now there are three factions competing for it’s domination, along with three rebel groups: Huang Prefects, Chuan Military Junta and Sumari Hordes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails poza 2.jpg   poza 5.jpg   poza 6.jpg   poza 9.jpg  
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; September 09, 2018 at 05:03 AM.

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

- new portraits
    - changed factions
    - new interesting ancillaries
    - changed religions
    - new Legions of Constantium
    - new societies and cultures
    - new rebels
    - new titles
    - new stories
    - new screens
    - new interfaces
    - renamed regions, cities and castles
    - more balanced units
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; August 30, 2017 at 06:33 PM.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Hate to break it to you, but the original creator of Thera, TheFirstOneill was very specific that submods could only be released with his permission and review. He's not around anymore, therefore... no new submods.

Hmm ...ok. If that was the wish of the creator of Thera, TheFirstOneill, than I will respect it. Only on my PC, I'll play as I play on all my favourite mods, with some modifications.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

This might be his twitter
    https://twitter.com/thefirstoneill?lang=en
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

what a shame, I'd like to see a refreshed version of Thera, breathe some new life into this masterpiece.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

As much as I agree with you, Phylospher, we can't really do anything with this mod since TFON is not here to approve of it.

As Torvus said, TFON was very adamant about keeping his work protected, and since he has disappeared (I do hope he's ok), I think that we should honor his wishes.

And I am sorry that you cannot publish all of your work, Boyar. Hopefully you'll be able to mold your mod into something else, though.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I agree, it really is a shame, but that is the state of it. Someone else was in here talking about making a mod *inspired* by Thera. You could go that route. I for one would definitely support and play it.

Citizen

Agreed! I would love to see a spiritual successor to this mod (would probably work GREAT in Attila).

This mod remains at the top of my list for Total War gameplay. So much to do; so much to explore!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

A shame.
    As much as I agree with TFON's want and indeed right to protect his own work, I fail to see how submods could effect that... its a bit silly if you ask me... that said no one did ask me and i guess as long as TFON's wishes remain unchanged there is little we can do about it I guess...
    Last edited by isa0005; April 28, 2017 at 02:58 AM.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Sure there is. I can just bet some people contacted the OP in the private asking for the submod.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

If I get another functional desktop and some free time I plan on doing what was discussed on the other thread. Making a new world and a new mod.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    A shame.
    As much as I agree with TFON's want and indeed right to protect his own work, I fail to see how submods could effect that... its a bit silly if you ask me... that said no one did ask me and i guess as long as TFON's wishes remain unchanged there is little we can do about it I guess...
    Couldn't agree more, silly as hell. Imagine CA had that attitude with Med II, Thera would never have been created. Can't see how a sub mod could hurt anything nor do I see how the mods creator should be able to prevent people from modifying the game files and making those modifications available to the public. The game belongs to CA/Sega I do not believe there is any legal claim to any content from the modders themselves.
    In my opinion once you release your work to the public it is also open to be modified by the public.
    Also when it comes down to it the only people that have the right to prohibit modding of this game is CA. I have made, and am still working on a couple sub-mods of Thera that I have not released because of this silly request from TFON. However I am starting to reconsider as I really do not believe any modder has the right to prohibit such things. Sure you may claim a concept you created as your intellectual property and trying to pass any work from another modder off as your own would certainly be a dirty thing to do. But simply modifying files and offering them to people is an entirely different thing and completely harmless to the concept itself.
    Westeros or TATW sub-mods certainly didn't alter my opinion of the base mods if anything it gave me much more appreciation for them and increased their replayability ten fold.
    I greatly respect TFON for his work, Thera is easily my favourite mod. But I think it is a sad thing to attempt to prohibit.
    Hey guys I used this awesome game and modified its files.. Now don't you dare do the same!
    Last edited by Macrath; May 05, 2017 at 09:39 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Couldn't agree more, silly as hell. Imagine CA had that attitude with Med II, Thera would never have been created. Can't see how a sub mod could hurt anything nor do I see how the mods creator should be able to prevent people from modifying the game files and making those modifications available to the public. The game belongs to CA/Sega I do not believe there is any legal claim to any content from the modders themselves.
    In my opinion once you release your work to the public it is also open to be modified by the public.
    Also when it comes down to it the only people that have the right to prohibit modding of this game is CA. I have made, and am still working on a couple sub-mods of Thera that I have not released because of this silly request from TFON. However I am starting to reconsider as I really do not believe any modder has the right to prohibit such things. Sure you may claim a concept you created as your intellectual property and trying to pass any work from another modder off as your own would certainly be a dirty thing to do. But simply modifying files and offering them to people is an entirely different thing and completely harmless to the concept itself.
    Westeros or TATW sub-mods certainly didn't alter my opinion of the base mods if anything it gave me much more appreciation for them and increased their replayability ten fold.
    I greatly respect TFON for his work, Thera is easily my favourite mod. But I think it is a sad thing to attempt to prohibit.
    Hey guys I used this awesome game and modified its files.. Now don't you dare do the same!
    Do not do this. It was the written (and repeatedly iterated) decision by the creator of the mod, TheFirstO'Neill, and as such, he can claim that his content is un-moddable without his consent and is protected by the Terms of Service. As much as I would love to see this mod carry on (and I really, really, really would), that is the decision TFON has made.

Yes, it sucks that TFON's stance on sub-mods effectively made it impossible for this mod to carry on passed his leaving of the TWC, but those are the rules. One could start a spiritual successor, though. Honestly, Attila might works as a great base for the new "Thera". The only downside is that the map can't be modified. Hmm...

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Like I said, once I have a new desktop I'll start a new mod. Independent of this.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Well I have already given out my modified version to a bunch of friends and will likely continue to do so.. Lock me up I guess
    Last edited by Macrath; May 07, 2017 at 12:24 PM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Macrath View Post
    Well I have already given out my modified version to a bunch of friends and will likely continue to do so.. Lock me up I guess
    That's fine, mate. Just don't do it here.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

I have a modified version myself too, for my own use. Never gave it to anyone, but I am tempted on writing a Romuli AAR at some point in the future.

Citizen

Feel free to share your AAR, Drake. Ain't no rules against that

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Feel free to share your AAR, Drake. Ain't no rules against that
    Yeah, I know. But for now, I got addicted to another modified-by-me game of Sicilian Vespers with Byzantine Empire in 9th century.

After that, definitely, Romuli.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast