Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Virian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar of Translavia View Post
    In the original version, Avalon, Teutons, Vashta and colonial powers like Faustians and Ducado worked just fine. I hope that the AI will work.
    In my version, Northern Bellika has three colonial powers with colonies on Mesocala, and two crusader powers with holdings on other landmasses and islands
    Also the League of Privateers will have many permanent forts on strategic islands or straits like the one between Mesocala and Huang-Chuan even on rebel provinces
    To the far North we have Jarls of many islands and colonies joining the Pact of Roothgard and I think that is good to have the presence of northern invaders felt on Translavia and Salia (Europa)
    There is a different between having a colony or 2 and a a few core provinces and having all your provinces separated from one another by one or several factions. As for the examples you gave?

-Teutons almost always and I really mean that never do ANYTHING and at most conquer a settlement or two by turn 100
    -Vashta 95% looses translavia to the Dracule
    -The Faustians lose or only keep 1 colony in Mesocala
    -The Valiente are a mixed bag, sometimes they prosper, sometimes they don't but they keep their colonies when they do prosper around 60% of the time when I let the AI do it's thing.

All those factions however have a set of core regions they rarely if ever lose unless the faction has an Critical existence failure like what happenes sometimes when a faction dies despite still having several stacks of troops left.
    Last edited by Virian; July 19, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar of Translavia View Post
    In the original version, Avalon, Teutons, Vashta and colonial powers like Faustians and Ducado worked just fine. I hope that the AI will work.
    In my version, Northern Bellika has three colonial powers with colonies on Mesocala, and two crusader powers with holdings on other landmasses and islands
    Also the League of Privateers will have many permanent forts on strategic islands or straits like the one between Mesocala and Huang-Chuan even on rebel provinces
    To the far North we have Jarls of many islands and colonies joining the Pact of Roothgard and I think that is good to have the presence of northern invaders felt on Translavia and Salia (Europa)
    It's good to see what you still working on your submod, your idea about new factions makes me happy because i felt in love with your submod. I hope you will finish this masterpiece!

Virian's Avatar Civis

Also is there a downloadable version of this? I'd like to try it if there is.

So, how's your work going? Have you had any success on submod?

The work is going a bit slowly but I am committed to finish the submod, I have the help of Buckethell, who will create better banners and interfaces for factions and cultures

Will there be more new units for all faction including new factions in the submod? Same with the settlements? Hows all that progress going?

What's new, Boyar? How's submod going? How much progress you have reached?

Apologies brothers, but progress on the submod has stopped as I was working abroad for three months. I've returned now but the progress will be slow due to the lack o free time but I'm committed to finish the submod, as I said before. I have left to finish the units for a new surprise faction, and then, the placement of all the characters on the map and permanent forts and new recruiting areas for new mercenaries and regional units and new buildings. Buckethell made awesome new banners for all factions. Also I will struggle to create an environment with more volcanic activity, earthquakes, sea storms, floods and plagues, befitting a post apocalyptic world like that of Thera.

I probs asked this before but will there be new settlements for this submod or not? Just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    I probs asked this before but will there be new settlements for this submod or not? Just curious!
    Yes, there will be new settlements, more linked to the lore.
    ex: Chrømirr-City of Chrøm, Beln-City of Bards, Ferograd-City of Iron, Greystoke's Bay, Tyragliano-City of Inventors, Kalipour-City of Death, Sybaryon-City of Pleasure, Cursed Tower of of Ghull.

In all how settlements r u implementing. Just curious... so far the names look good! Are the other submods for this mod even good?

This project looks very interesting. I have started playing the Thera mod recently, found that the provinces were too large and too empty.

I sure hope you finish this nice mission of yours and upload it somewhere too. Will you upload it and link it here? Or will you link it to some other place, like a discord chat? Where can I get this Gem inside a gem

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbun View Post
    This project looks very interesting. I have started playing the Thera mod recently, found that the provinces were too large and too empty.

I sure hope you finish this nice mission of yours and upload it somewhere too. Will you upload it and link it here? Or will you link it to some other place, like a discord chat? Where can I get this Gem inside a gem

I sure hope progress on this nice thing has not stopped. How are things going so far?

What is the release date of submod? Should we wait it until New Year or after?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer_Faust View Post
    What is the release date of submod? Should we wait it until New Year or after?
    After the New Year. But the free time of the last part of December will be useful for time and allow me to work on the submod

Good luck, pal! I believe in you!

Hello again, Boyar! I'm very excited about changes of Thera you'll be making in your submod. If you wouldn't mind, can we see some screenshots of current progress?

Hello Boyar, can we see beta-version of your submod?

Barbarian Warriors of Norselund

"It is said that the men of Norselund were born of Iron and Ice, their lands were made from the parts of Crom, the Iron God."

Warriors of the Warlord of Ysmirr
    description: hardy men who constantly face the Jötnarr
    capital: Ysmirr
    religion: Serpent Cults (Jormungand)

Warriors of Crøm
    description: barbarian zealots of the Iron God
    capital: Crømirr
    religion: Gods of War (Crøm)

Jötnarr
    description: ice giants
    capital: Jötunheim - Giants Keep
    religion: unknown

Warriors of Tønder Island
    description: Sworn Warriors of Jarls Bluetooth
    capital: Tønderhall

Warmaidens of Bryn Island
    description: women warriors
    capital: Brynhall

Ravenmen
    description: followers of Ravenseers
    capital: Ravenbørg
    religion: Animalistic Deities (the Raven)

Iron Bears
    description: fierce barbarians of Berlund
    capital: Bermirr
    religion: Animalistic Deities (the Bear)

Gorodniks
    description: peaceful settlers of the rich Gorod Isle
    capital: Grensgorod
    religion: Animalistic Deities (the Golden Fish)
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; January 21, 2020 at 10:35 AM.

Looks really nice!