Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Thera Submod is coming!

Virian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Thera Submod is coming!

I'd like to as well.

When will this new submod be released? Will it have more infantry units and cities and castles for each faction?

I hope to release it in May. The core factional units range from 5 to 20 units, depending on each faction, but I've added regional units that are recruitable in their specific regions and can be recruited as auxiliaries as the player's faction expands. Also, at the start of the campaign, some factions have their own troops plus some mercenary or allied commanders with their own regional troops. The regional troops are conceived, described, linked, placed and organized as the units of rebel factions. The regional units, regional ancillaries and the modifications for cities, castles and regions, give the rebels more variety and to the player the feeling that he is conquering territories that each have their own unique stories, fighting stiles and flavors and gain different resources, auxiliaries and rewards (in useful ancillaries or plunder). I've always hated to repeatedly fight against identical rebels, and that's why in this submod, all rebels are different. Some factions will have more castles and some fewer depending on the stories and on geography. I've tried to give to the same faction footholds on at least two landmasses, for a bigger challenge, and also in a vast region that has many different rebel subfactions, a playable faction surrounded only by these rebels can start even with a single region.

Example: The decadent city state of Trantos has 9 core Trantosian units (8 units have their soldiers masked, as all Trantosian generals and courtesans are wearing masks) plus 3 mercenary commanders, one is leading two types of units belonging to the Steel Heads Company, one has two types of units from the neighboring city state Apelia, and the last leads three different units of southern Zuabii allies. Also Trantos is surrounded by different rebels: city states with unique troops, rival mercenary companies, private armies of powerful merchant princes of the desert and the colony of Trantosia Nova has to deal with another colony controlled by the Golden Bank, with the warriors of Paynal and with other Mesopec Peoples. As the Trantosians expand, they can incorporate a large variety of troops in their armies and use their abilities in concert with their own core units.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; July 22, 2019 at 05:54 AM.

The list of playable factions and minifactions for the submod:

(barbarian culture)
    Men of Ysmirr
    Pact of Iron
    Heroes of Brewall

(chivalric culture)
    The Inquisition
    Blessed Armada of Deliverance
    Holy Order of the Pale Knight
    Covenant of the Good Knights
    The Valiant Brethren
    Vexille and Mordred Heretics
    Holy Sword Order
    Most Noble Varia Union
    Sovereign Order of the Dragon

(mercantilist culture)
    Golden Bank
    Black Army of Faust
    Perfect State of Trantos
    League of Privateers

(vestigial culture)
    Sycorax Hunters
    Paynál Warriors
    Kukulcoatl's Chosen

(slaver culture)
    Malekate of the Immortals
    Vashta Guilds
    Assabiyah of the Taharids
    Twin Slavedoms of Araz and Padmea
    ----
    Hordes of Lao
    Xenatan Regime

(bestial culture)
    Freehold of Demosia

+ secret playable faction

(classical culture)
    Phobosian Tyranny
    The Triarchy
    Romuli Hegemony
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; July 22, 2019 at 07:43 AM.

So when will this mod be released?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    So when will this mod be released?
    there are two posts of mine between your posts; you will find the answer to your question in the first sentence of the first reply

Virian's Avatar Civis

You 'hope to release it May', but 'hope' is not the same as 'most likely will release in May' and it's definitely not even close to 'will release in May'. However I'm glad we finally have more stuff near Avernus and the greco being properly represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    You 'hope to release it May', but 'hope' is not the same as 'most likely will release in May' and it's definitely not even close to 'will release in May'. However I'm glad we finally have more stuff near Avernus and the greco being properly represented.
    I "hope", because I have a family, a job, and I am alone in this project. I also have to read more about modding the events as I want to give to the post-apocalyptic Thera more volcanic eruptions, sea storms, longer winters, earthquakes, floods and plagues as side effects of the Great Torment. I am committed to this submod and I will not abandon it, whenever I have free time, I add a change or a story or something to it.

About Avernus, it's true that we will have more stuff. After their Landmass Troylium submerged under the water as a result of the Great Torment, the Romuli and Constanti newcomers conquered Avernus and created the Pax Constanta. Against them, a renegade legion, a rebelling native nation of Avernus and a city state of Hesperos have formed The Triarchy.
    To the east, among the city states of Hesperos we have two powers on the rise: the ultra militaristic Sons of Areus and the Tyrant of Phobosia, who has summoned to his aid a dark power from the cursed deserts beyond the sea.
    Also to the west, is the huge Hadea, home of the God of Death, of many bestial races and of exiles from Avernus and other places. The Legions brought Hadea under the Pax Constanta but it was not to last as the Uruk led rebellion in Demosia annihilated an entire legion. After the battle, a Freehold was created by former gladiators and runaway slaves of all races with their numbers swelling and threatening to swallow all Hadea and even Avernus. After the crushing defeat of Demosia, the power of the Legions crumbled and all across Hadea, many independent factions appeared, As the Exilarch of Mondas, surrounded by the dark priests of Hades prepares to assert his hegemony over the continent and the city-state of Padmea who received a banished Dinasty from Syrianna established the powerful Sacred Junds, the future of Hadea is Total War.
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; February 17, 2019 at 11:46 AM.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

I just can appreciate the amount of passion you seem to have for this project, good luck reaching your goals.

Looking forward to playing on your vision of Thera.

Looks like good progress so far! Keep it up!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope we'll be able to get out hands on your submod at some point soon. Perhaps you might consider uploading it to ModDB or something?

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Hey there, what sort of inspirations have you used for the factions? There seem to be quite a few changes I'm just curious!

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    I hope we'll be able to get out hands on your submod at some point soon. Perhaps you might consider uploading it to ModDB or something?
    Apologies guys, the submod is not dead, but I went abroad to work for three months and couldn't finish it but I'm back now and I've restarted the work for a few hours in every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnicleBill1 View Post
    Hey there, what sort of inspirations have you used for the factions? There seem to be quite a few changes I'm just curious!
    The Valiant Brethren-------historical Templars, Borgias, Charles the Bold of Burgundy, personal imagination over medieval knights

Covenant of the Good Knights-------First O'Neil original story, historical Nicopolis Crusade

Black Army of Faust-------First O'Neil original story, historical Black Army of Corvinus, fantasy Doge of Venucci from Rise of Legends

Golden Bank-------fantasy Iron Bank of Braavos from Game of Thrones, historical Medici, Borgias, personal imagination about plutocracy

Holy Order of the Pale Knight-------First O'Neil original story, Kingdom of Heaven

League of Privateers-------First O'Neil original story, Pirates of the Caribbean

Chosen of Kukulcoatl-------First O'Neil original story, Lord of the Rings

Heroes of Brewall-------First O'Neil original story

Romuli Hegemony-------First O'Neil original story, historical Populares vs Optimates political struggle

Men of Ysmirr-------Beowulf, Conan the Barbarian

Twin Slavedoms of Araz and Padmea-------historical Carthage, historical Palmyra in the Crisis of the third century, Lord of the Rings, personal imagination

Vashta Guilds-------historical Abbasid Revolution

Assabiyah of the Taharids-------historical Almoravids

Pact of Iron-------Vikings

Most Noble Varia Union-------historical Unio Trium Nationum of medieval Transylvania, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Parthians

Holy Sword Order-------First O'Neil original story, historical Baltic Crusades

Paynál Warriors-------First O'Neil original story

Hordes of Lao-------First O'Neil original story, historical Khitan Liao Dynasty

Sycorax Hunters-------First O'Neil original story, movie: 10.000 BC

Freehold of Demosia-------First O'Neil original story, Spartacus conquers Sicily alternate history

Perfect State of Trantos-------historical Republic of Venice, personal imagination

Malekate of the Immortals-------historical Mameluke Sultanate, personal imagination

Heretic Houses-------King Arthur

Blessed Armada of Deliverance-------personal imagination

Sovereign Order of the Dragon-------First O'Neil original story, Vlad the Impaler of Wallachia

Phobosian Tyranny-------historical Spartocid Dynasty of Cimmeria, myths of Minoan Crete

The Triarchy-------historical Triumvirates, revolt of Italic Soci, Sertorius

Xenatan Protectorates-------fantasy Empire of the Raising Sun of Red Alert 3
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; July 15, 2019 at 04:27 PM.

Looks like good enough factions. Now I am wondering how many settlements are in each providence?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Looks like good enough factions. Now I am wondering how many settlements are in each providence?

wouldn't you want to put more settlements in each faction?

Virian's Avatar Civis

Perhaps try and give factions regions that are near one another as having their cities separated by several continents or another faction will create problems for the AI.

So far I like what I see and I wasn't trying to offend anyone was just suggesting what the modders could do. If I was incensitive my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Virian View Post
    Perhaps try and give factions regions that are near one another as having their cities separated by several continents or another faction will create problems for the AI.
    In the original version, Avalon, Teutons, Vashta and colonial powers like Faustians and Ducado worked just fine. I hope that the AI will work.
    In my version, Northern Bellika has three colonial powers with colonies on Mesocala, and two crusader powers with holdings on other landmasses and islands
    Also the League of Privateers will have many permanent forts on strategic islands or straits like the one between Mesocala and Huang-Chuan even on rebel provinces
    To the far North we have Jarls of many islands and colonies joining the Pact of Roothgard and I think that is good to have the presence of northern invaders felt on Translavia and Salia (Europa)
    Last edited by Boyar of Translavia; July 17, 2019 at 03:23 PM.